Anyone else prefer FM classic?

I like scouting all around the world and having a reliable income of regens from 3d world countries, so classic is still not there for me.

Meanwhile, the change to scouts that allows you to have them roam endlessly in a single country. Now that's the best change in years for the way I play the game.

Without FMC I wouldn't play Football manager at all. I don't have time anymore to sit and micromanage players and all the extra off the field bits. Classic gives me exactly what I want, a fun, absorbing game that I can play in my spare time and knock out 3 or 4 matches in half an hour or so.

Exactly, I wouldn't play either if it wasn't for FMC. Full fat feels like admin.

I get that its more in depth, but doing the same team talk and press conferences over and over is tiresome. Unsettling your players by clicking the wrong answer is not really much fun. But each to their own.

Exactly, I wouldn't play either if it wasn't for FMC. Full fat feels like admin.

I get that its more in depth, but doing the same team talk and press conferences over and over is tiresome. Unsettling your players by clicking the wrong answer is not really much fun. But each to their own.

This for me as well. SI can make it as variant as possible, but at the end things still get repetitive, boring, and start feeling like a chore. I noticed that especially in my last save (which I stopped playing as soon as I discovered how much fun FMC is a few days ago), when I was successful with Rostock and then accepted an offer from Inter. First I was excited, but it ended when I realized I had so much chore to do once I was appointed. It felt so much like 'work', that I decided to save the game and continue playing another time. Two days later I had some time to play, I considered, but decided not to, only because I thought about all the things I had to do at Inter before I can start enjoying it again.

For years I wanted to see FM becoming more detailed, because with more detail came more realism. A good example is the familiarity with formations. Now I am realizing it is so much better without that feature, because instead of dealing with that, I can actually focus on more fun parts of the game. Also, it should be noted that more features mean easier game, considering that humans are always better at using the extra tools provided in the game, compared to the AI. For example, once you become a good morale manager, the game gets significantly easier, since AI managers always mess up with team talks, player talks, while the human managers can manage to keep the morale at very good-superb all the time. I like the game a whole lot better without getting those edges for a win.

Also, for me no new feature is so much better than buggy features.

...I've seen quite a few long term players of the game switch to FMC in the past year or two, and I'm one of them.

FMC [and the "unsackable" option] has brought me *back* to the FM franchise. As others have said, I would not play FM without FMC. I was asking for such a trimmed-down version years ago and getting flamed for it. Now we have it and guess what--the sun still rises every day. Those who want lots more detail can still play and enjoy the full version. More power to them. The existence of FMC has not cost them anything. Now, every type of football management sim player can enjoy playing their way. :)

This for me as well. SI can make it as variant as possible, but at the end things still get repetitive, boring, and start feeling like a chore. I noticed that especially in my last save (which I stopped playing as soon as I discovered how much fun FMC is a few days ago), when I was successful with Rostock and then accepted an offer from Inter. First I was excited, but it ended when I realized I had so much chore to do once I was appointed. It felt so much like 'work', that I decided to save the game and continue playing another time. Two days later I had some time to play, I considered, but decided not to, only because I thought about all the things I had to do at Inter before I can start enjoying it again.

For years I wanted to see FM becoming more detailed, because with more detail came more realism. A good example is the familiarity with formations. Now I am realizing it is so much better without that feature, because instead of dealing with that, I can actually focus on more fun parts of the game. Also, it should be noted that more features mean easier game, considering that humans are always better at using the extra tools provided in the game, compared to the AI. For example, once you become a good morale manager, the game gets significantly easier, since AI managers always mess up with team talks, player talks, while the human managers can manage to keep the morale at very good-superb all the time. I like the game a whole lot better without getting those edges for a win.

Also, for me no new feature is so much better than buggy features.

This, I've said for ages that this "quest for realism" that SI has been on is stupid. After a couple of version with the "Media" and most people realised how boring andpointless it was, the die hards still defended it because "Alex Ferguson has to do them" well so what? The media interaction on the game has been terrible ince it was first introduced and hasn't improved. It adds nothing to the game, but needs to be done to stop your ASTM saying something stupid and upsetting people. How much does clicking "no coment" five imes add to the experience?

Similarly the player ineractions are not only awful, but badly implemented. Which genius decided that a player asking to speak to you whilst you are "on holiday" means that you refused their request and now cannot speak to them about anything for six months?

It's a game. It should be fun.

This, I've said for ages that this "quest for realism" that SI has been on is stupid. After a couple of version with the "Media" and most people realised how boring andpointless it was, the die hards still defended it because "Alex Ferguson has to do them" well so what? The media interaction on the game has been terrible ince it was first introduced and hasn't improved. It adds nothing to the game, but needs to be done to stop your ASTM saying something stupid and upsetting people. How much does clicking "no coment" five imes add to the experience?

Similarly the player ineractions are not only awful, but badly implemented. Which genius decided that a player asking to speak to you whilst you are "on holiday" means that you refused their request and now cannot speak to them about anything for six months?

It's a game. It should be fun.

It's a simulator. The whole point of the game is to be realistic. If you don't want realism, that's why they make more arcade style football games.

It's a simulator. The whole point of the game is to be realistic. If you don't want realism, that's why they make more arcade style football games.

So its "realistic" that a player wants to speak to their manager who is "on holiday" but can't because the manager is "on holiday" so takes this as a rejection of his request?

It's realistic that a manager cannot speak to an unhappy player about anything, ever?

Its realistic that U21 players are having public spats with high pofile managers over wanting to go on loan?

It's realistic that a manager would be rpeatedly asked about the "World player of the year" in a post match press conference after losing a game? Yeah, I'm sure the public REALLY want an answer to that question.

It's realistic that a manager never does a press conference and never says a woes to any of his players? If things don't work right or you don't like them doesn't mean they should be removed. They should be made to work properly.

And yet "Press conferences" have been in five versions of the game and are still utterly tedious and pointless. There is no desire on behalf of SI to sort these things out, both Media and Palyer interactions are afterthought and it is painfully obvious that little to no time is spent implementing or testing them.

Tell us how much it would affect your enjoyment of this game is the media interaction wasn't there.

And yet "Press conferences" have been in five versions of the game and are still utterly tedious and pointless. There is no desire on behalf of SI to sort these things out, both Media and Palyer interactions are afterthought and it is painfully obvious that little to no time is spent implementing or testing them.

If you have a different opinion to someone else, that's fine. Not all interaction issues are bugs though. Half (complete guess) of it is either the user's own doing (squad status related) or comparing it to older FMs where it was far too easy to assemble a giant squad of superstars, keep all your players and keep them happy.

Any issues that crop up, bugs or not, are being treated as serious. Just a glance at the bugs forum would show that. That's also the last time you mention that no testing was involved, because it's plainly not true.

Tell us how much it would affect your enjoyment of this game is the media interaction wasn't there.

Again, this is a simulation game where you are a football manager. Managers have to do boring tedious press conferences. It's realistic, which I'd the point of this game. You just don't like them because you don't want a sim.

Again, this is a simulation game where you are a football manager. Managers have to do boring tedious press conferences. It's realistic, which I'd the point of this game. You just don't like them because you don't want a sim.

So answer the questions I asked about realism.

Please don't turn this into another FM feedback thread because that's exactly what you're doing, markantony and CarltonBanks.

Here's a strange idea; it's ok not to have the same opinion on something as others and NOT making them acknowledge that you're right.

I play FMC because, in my opinion, SI has gone too far in direction of realism and simulation. On top of that, a lot of "realistic" features are not realistic at all. However, I don't have the need for everyone to agree with me because the notion of "fun" and "realistic" can be a very subjective thing.

Please don't turn this into another FM feedback thread because that's exactly what you're doing, markantony and CarltonBanks.

Here's a strange idea; it's ok not to have the same opinion on something as others and NOT making them acknowledge that you're right.

I play FMC because, in my opinion, SI has gone too far in direction of realism and simulation. On top of that, a lot of "realistic" features are not realistic at all. However, I don't have the need for everyone to agree with me because the notion of "fun" and "realistic" can be a very subjective thing.

I don't need him to accept I'm right, but he needs to stop telling people they are wrong.

Simulation or not Football Manager is a game and is there for enjoyment.

Some people find enjoyment in micro management and some don't. The fact that, in essence, the same game can be played with two different levels of detail should be applauded.

Archived