Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I realised now that I can go to the individual positions and choose players there. But there are no options for right clicking next to a player to assign him the next position?

The right click option has been removed. It is something brought up in testing though so it might be a case of 'watch this space'.

You can right click still when you go onto your main squad screen.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As is the norm now, I always play FMC on the first beta save, and first impressions are that I absolutely LOVE the new font. I'm still at the picking the team to manage stage, but I'm loving just looking through all the teams. Very polished and professional looking. Good start. Now to get into the bones of the thing...

I don't like the team selection interface. It feels clunky. Before it was easy to right-click to remove a player from a position or add a player to the next available slot in the team. Now I can't do that

Yes, yes. It has been brought up in this thread (all of 3 posts up). SI are aware that people would like that option to return.

Slightly off topic, but am I able to monetize YouTube videos of the beta version of FM15? I've been given permission for previous full versions, but was wondering if this is still applicable for the beta?

I'm sure I was given the option to link up to Youtube when creating a manager profile.

Im just thinking - could it be a driver issue? Not all technical and that, but there is a possibility. What are your specs? :p[/quote

processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63

So not a great playing machine but 4 starts it says for graphics does this mean i need a new MAC/PC if i want to play this game!!!

And thank you for your time Si and the forum i know everybody must be wanting to play so cheers lads

Really not liking the UI. FM14 was great and I really don't like the sidebar. I hope it is possible for it to be removed via a skin.

The ME is running smooth though and I'm not yet encountering any glaring issues aside from the ones already highlighted.

processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63

So not a great playing machine but 4 starts it says for graphics does this mean i need a new MAC/PC if i want to play this game!!!

And thank you for your time Si and the forum i know everybody must be wanting to play so cheers lads

No no, your machine is more than adequate to play Football Manager. Not sure what it could be. Do you have all the updates for your PC? :)

• Administrators
Why is surface (wannabe grass) in 2D so pathetic? I mean, it's 2D, let it be "normal", like it has always been.

Please keep your feedback civil and constructive. Calling the 2D grass "pathetic" is neither of these things. Thanks.

• Administrators
Really not liking the UI. FM14 was great and I really don't like the sidebar. I hope it is possible for it to be removed via a skin.

The ME is running smooth though and I'm not yet encountering any glaring issues aside from the ones already highlighted.

Please give the UI a chance before making a decision on it. When I first saw it I wasn't keen, but having played and tested on it for a fair amount of time I must say I've definitely come round on it.

Aaaallrighty then, since my thread got closed:

Seeing as the beta release mentions this:

- Poor goalkeeping, particularly at lower levels - sometimes leading to unusually high scores

But I just saw someone post they beat Arsenal with City 9-4, my question stands.

I didn't want to go off topic in the feedback thread,so here it goes:

I've seen a few people reporting 7-5, 9-4 games--my question is, is it that bad all the time for most of you already playing? I'll wait for the next update to start my main save if that's the case.

That is all

1. Match widgets. Seriously? Broken again? Every single new version you break them then have to fix them. Yet again every match I have to put them back in their positions as they have moved.

2. the Tactics screen is awful iro roles. Why cant we change the roles on the tactics board, why do we have to first click something on the other side of the screen before being able to change it. Very unintuitive and just added a click where one isnt needed.

3. Why is the ball full of cement? Far too heavy and slow moving.

Oh my, I really don't like the tactics screen.

The ability to right click a jersey to view which players are suitable for that position and pick/drop from there being removed is a bit of a major faux pas. Also, I like the roles to appear on the pitch, not over the other side of the screen. Why take something that worked perfectly and balls it up to such a degree?

EDIT - I see that feature is still there, but you need to click on a position in the squad select bit to get the suitabilty stuff. I'd rather it was on the pitch bit, but it's better than not being there at all.

• Administrators
Aaaallrighty then, since my thread got closed:

Seeing as the beta release mentions this:

- Poor goalkeeping, particularly at lower levels - sometimes leading to unusually high scores

But I just saw someone post they beat Arsenal with City 9-4, my question stands.

I didn't want to go off topic in the feedback thread,so here it goes:

I've seen a few people reporting 7-5, 9-4 games--my question is, is it that bad all the time for most of you already playing? I'll wait for the next update to start my main save if that's the case.

That is all

In regards to the Arsenal v City result, please raise it in our match engine forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

1. Match widgets. Seriously? Broken again? Every single new version you break them then have to fix them. Yet again every match I have to put them back in their positions as they have moved.

This is something which is already reported.

That is all

I'm two seasons in playing in the Brazilian First Div (FMC) and there's no noticeable problem, it's really too early to ask others yet as they won't have played enough games to assess it.

That is all[/i]

Definitely not bad all the time - happened once to me. Other games have been very normal actually :)

Happy with everything on first impressions except the colour of the sidebar if you choose a club with bright colours. We need the ability to change the colour.

Can you not do that in the preferences.

Happy with everything on first impressions except the colour of the sidebar if you choose a club with bright colours. We need the ability to change the colour.

Could someone do me a favor and take charge of Villarreal (Spain) to see what the color of the bar is? I really hope it's not yellow and it's one of the few teams I manage :/

Oh my, I really don't like the tactics screen.

The ability to right click a jersey to view which players are suitable for that position and pick/drop from there being removed is a bit of a major faux pas. Also, I like the roles to appear on the pitch, not over the other side of the screen. Why take something that worked perfectly and balls it up to such a degree? Someone needs shot for that.

You can still do that, there's a little arrow drop down next to the players names on the tactics screen now, click and you'll get the players who can play there.

Archived