Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Anyone else having an issue where when it hits the last quarter of the save bar it stops for quite a while?

Pretty annoying in summer window when I save regularly so I don't lose all the transfers I do and stuff.

Yeah, it happens. First time it did, I thought my system had frozen up. But it's an ongoing optimization issue, but it sounds as though SI are aware of and have been working to make better.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it happens. First time it did, I thought my system had frozen up. But it's an ongoing optimization issue, but it sounds as though SI are aware of and have been working to make better.

Good to hear, cheers for the reply mate.

Yeh but without evidence it's just an opinion and in fact I don't recall anybody else mentioning it but then that's why we have a bugs forum so important problems don't get missed.

Edit - As Carmi says :)

Surely i'm not the only person to have had this problem, this is a feedback thread is it not? Then i am leaving some feedback.

Yeah, but if you leave to the next guy and he leaves to the next guy..

For instance, I picked up a bug that prevents playing *any* match in FM in Linux from Jan 2038 onwards and created a save plus screenshots and posted that at the bugs forum. Just like other pkms of bugs that I had seen but were not completely reported by others at the bugs forum.

It took me about 2h to create the 2038 save plus 1-2 min to generate about 8 pkms. I'm very interested in getting these fixed ASAP, especially the Linux issue which will prevent any attempt of mine to play FM, unfortunately. So I do my best to contribute where I can, when I can (my 'free' time is short these days).

If you do your part, the are more chances that issues will get fixed faster.

When viewing an agent offer from my email I miss not being able to request scouting report directly from an link.

Options only include Make offer/ Approach to sign or Filter

Instead I need to use two/three clicks to request the report.

Just few things after playing two matches. If they have been highlighted before- apologies!

The 2D during the match, the ball has a shadow underneath it even when it is on the ground. - There is sometimes a long jerk/pause during the build up to a goal, it doesn't show up during the replay.

I like having the formations widget up for both teams, but at the moment it does not have the shirt numbers on the back, just some small dots denoting positions.

I expect there has been hundreds of mentions about how hard it is to pick substitutes, and the tactics screen in general. So I will not mention it.

Downloaded this this morning, and am so far loving it.

Managing Portsmouth at the moment and I've just gotten to the point when the game asks you to nominate squad numbers. Some shirt colours are different from one another. Wouldnt it make more sense to have all the outfield players in the home shirt and the GK's in the proper one as well?

Maybe this pic can explain it better

6367904493F389B434C8E28E293A0C7A5AFB9913

Just few things after playing two matches. If they have been highlighted before- apologies!

The 2D during the match, the ball has a shadow underneath it even when it is on the ground. - There is sometimes a long jerk/pause during the build up to a goal, it doesn't show up during the replay.

I like having the formations widget up for both teams, but at the moment it does not have the shirt numbers on the back, just some small dots denoting positions.

I expect there has been hundreds of mentions about how hard it is to pick substitutes, and the tactics screen in general. So I will not mention it.

I have occasionally noticed the slight jerk in action right before a shot goes in.

Are the socks different from front to back in the 3D match engine (noticed some stripes on the back, none on the front; however, the top of some socks also have different coloured hoops in addition to the stripes on the back)? Can you edit the front or back of the socks when the editor is available?

Managing Portsmouth at the moment and I've just gotten to the point when the game asks you to nominate squad numbers. Some shirt colours are different from one another. Wouldnt it make more sense to have all the outfield players in the home shirt and the GK's in the proper one as well?

Apart from the keepers, aren't the different shirt due to being on loan to other clubs?

I'm finding that the player interaction for a player that wants to leave is a bit frustrating. Once I start down a path of convincing to stay I can't then turn around and say 'fine - I'll sell you'.

EG Van Persie is concerned about lack of first team football

I tell him he needs to do something more to get in the team

He says he needs to play now

I want to tell him that I will sell him as I don't see him just getting in the team but all of the options are about him staying

Another question I have regarding this. Why aren't the shirt numbers in order?

The player shirts issue isn't one, unless you class it as one.... Storey, Wynter and Robinson are all on loan so it has their parent clubs shirt on.

Sterling made first international appearance.

Cracks the dummy, asks for new contract, and wants 130k

Currently on 37k.

Bit to far fetched me think.

His agent trying isn't that far fetched, what counts is what he'll settle for or how he reacts if you say no surely.

His agent trying isn't that far fetched, what counts is what he'll settle for or how he reacts if you say no surely.

Just lost henderson, he spat the dummy as I never offered him a new contract, but yet in the team talk I had no positive options, all negative, I skipped the conversation, to only the team crack it with me, there all unhappy, henderson wnated a transfer so I gave it to him after rejecting his first request, I could not afford him on his new contract anyway.

When I first rejected his request for a transfer, team spat the dummy about that too, saying I should not hold a player against his will, so I sold him, now team is mad that I sold him!!

And now it is happening with Sturridge,

I've started a game in Serie B and have set games only to be played on a Saturday and Wednesday but when I went to my fixture list my games are mainly being played on a Sunday with a mix of Tuesday and Wednesday for mid-week games.

I've tried starting with a new game just in-case I hadn't set my preferences right at the start of my first attempt.

Anybody else have the same issue?

Not something I'd ever normally dream of reporting (I'd normally just put it down to "just one of those things"/bad luck) but I got bucketloads of injuries in pre-season. Somewhere around the 6/7 mark. In all my years of playing the game, I think I've only ever had one or two max break down during pre-season. They're all in training too.

Only bothering to report this as it seems to be a common theme of the beta with lots and lots of people.

Since I play most of the time in 2D Classic vertical, something caught my attention. When you watch the match in 2D Classis Horizontal, the area where the manager can walk in is on the correct side (At the same side as the subsbench). But when playing the match in 2D Classic Vertically, the subsbench and the area for the manager aren't on the same side of the field.

Just lost henderson, he spat the dummy as I never offered him a new contract, but yet in the team talk I had no positive options, all negative, I skipped the conversation, to only the team crack it with me, there all unhappy, henderson wnated a transfer so I gave it to him after rejecting his first request, I could not afford him on his new contract anyway.

When I first rejected his request for a transfer, team spat the dummy about that too, saying I should not hold a player against his will, so I sold him, now team is mad that I sold him!!

I had a similar situation with David de Gea to PSG. Told him he couldn't go. The team then wanted a meeting and I managed to talk them around. De Gea then fell into line when PSG dropped their interest.

Not something I'd ever normally dream of reporting (I'd normally just put it down to "just one of those things"/bad luck) but I got bucketloads of injuries in pre-season. Somewhere around the 6/7 mark. In all my years of playing the game, I think I've only ever had one or two max break down during pre-season. They're all in training too.

Only bothering to report this as it seems to be a common theme of the beta with lots and lots of people.

A few are crying INJURIES! but nobody has actually provided any evidence to show that there is an injury problem in the game, rather than just something they're doing wrong.

Are the AI teams in your league also suffering the same problem?

Henderson thing is worthy of a bug report, though I think it's already been done as it's happened to others.

noticed the same thing with my keepers in various teams, awful defending no matter who u go. People scoring against u who almost never score irl as per usual with fm.

Just as it says in the first post of this thread in fact then? :)

also got 4 players injured during one game.

As a sample, one game is far from representative. It is the same as people highlighting two own goals in a game or the woodwork being hit four times in one game.

All things need context, so if you could watch how your injuries develop over the course of a much longer period of time (i.e. a season) it would be a far more valuable piece of feedback.

Players do seem to get unhappy really quickly at times, and a few of the options for speaking to them dont always make a huge amount of sense.
Sterling made first international appearance.

Cracks the dummy, asks for new contract, and wants 130k

Currently on 37k.

Bit to far fetched me think.

Just wanted to say that I agree with both these lads. Have experienced the exact same things. Make of that what you will.

Hi guys.

Yet again incredible game. It's once again costume nh my life in every way...(and I love it!)

My biggest issue with game over last few years has been the AI of managers. My common sense gives me over time an immeasurable advantage over AI managers that makes the game a little too easy. Below are a couple of my suggestions and I'm intrigued as to if anyone else has noticed and if it is possible at all to have them looked at before game official release. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way by whoever reads it as I am a massive fan of the game and would just like to help in any way possible.

1) AI managers buying several players for same position and then barely using them. I have noticed a trend of AI managers addressing a need in their team by signing several players for same position and then barely using them. An example being Arsenal signed 3 strikers in January (Alcacer, Munir and Destro). They cost 14m 10m and 21m respectively yet Alacacer and Munir were barely used. This is something I have seen from many AI's. Real Madrid signed Gervinho and he barely got a game too and he cost £45. Is this something other players have noticed and does anyone think this takes away an elements of realism from the game? Can anything be done?

2) A trend of AI managers not using their star youngsters. I think that AI managers and even human managers should be encouraged/ put under pressure by clubs fans, ex players and maybe even board to use the young talent coming through ranks at club. Maybe this would also help alleviate pressure on manager as fans would be more understanding of a bad result or sequence based in fact that youngsters or "local lads" we're being given a chance. There are some cases ie Raheem Sterling (England's star player) and liverpools best player barely got the off the bench for Liverpool last season 6(7) starts:subs in PL. Also likes of John stones and many other quality young players not getting sufficient action to able them to develop and reach their absolute potential.. I think it would be great if AI managers whenever they have a youngster who's current star rating for team is over 2/2.5 and potential over 3.5/4 were really encouraged and looked to develop and take pride in his "ability" to develop that player.

3) I've noticed a trend of players who's favorite position is DM not being selected by managers who don't play with a DM. Great players ie Nemanja Matic are left stewing away in bench and this also happened last edition. I think it should be a rule that any player who's best position is DM should have an equal rating for CM and just be used as BWMD or CMD. This would be very easy to easy using data editor.

4) Players real life performance not replicated in game. This I know will be very hard to achieve but I have a specific suggestion and it is based around attackers/goal scorers. The goals to game ratio of players like Cristiano Ronaldo Zlatan Messi etc is never matched in game. I think a great solution would be some AI for players that was something like a half chance clear chance conversion ratio. The really top top players should have very high half chance and even higher clear chance conversion ratio. I know these players have stats ie finishing and composure that contribute to how they perform in front of goal but it's very common in game to see outstanding goal scorers miss one on one chances that you know they would score at least 9/10 in real life. As as side note barely ever see a player round keeper when one v one. Think this needs to be incorporated into game as well as keepers bringing down players And giving away pens and red cards.

5) Barely any penalties being given in this edition. Teams who attack frequently should statistically get a fair few penalties per season.

6) Great sides under performing is an anomaly but in game becomes very common. Chelsea just finished 9th in league. Arsenal 8th. Roma 15th. I don't have any suggestion how this could be improved but Wenger, Mourinho and the likes have great players and should be getting more out of them. Maybe an AI for managers in form of a rating on how good they are at getting best out of players. Think maybe this would solve underperformance from clubs over a season. Would also make it a lot harder to beat these teams as it is in real life.

Which is absolutely no different from every year :) and just as many people will say there aren't enough injuries.

Soak tests are saying injuries are less than the norm overall, my experience is that you can get a bit of a crisis in your first pre season then it quickly settles.

It can vary from save to save with no obvious reason (we call that luck):)

It can be down to something within your control.

On rare occasions it might be worth starting a new save if you're averse to crisis management.

Archived