Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too many goals in general in all leagues and way too many from crosses

Just like it says in the release notes in fact :) if you want to help perhaps you could show some figures and tell us how you got figures for ALL leagues in less than 24 hours.

I mean how is it in the Singaporean second division for example?

Are there any major flaws that will hinder a long term save or should I just use the beta to get use to the game.

This whole thread is here to help you make your own decision on that, so ask yourself the question?

This whole thread is here to help you make your own decision on that, so ask yourself the question?

Have any of the mods/staff started a long term save?

Been reading and there is nothing major that stands out in bugs section.

Have any of the mods/staff started a long term save?

Been reading and there is nothing major that stands out in bugs section.

I'm just starting my second season in Brazil, no problems so far (apart from being close to getting the sack :D)

Hello all,

Been playing the beta for a few days now, (got a long history of playing beta games with Sports Interactive), currently really enjoying a lot of things whilst other things do tend to bemuse me:

The Good:

- User interface; Really enjoying the new layout, as I've finally got round to sorting out my old PC and getting FM2014 downloaded on Steam again I was getting far too used to that layout, I found myself clicking in the same places on FM2015 with nothing happening, but after a few hours I really started to think this is so much better, cleaner (in some places) and a lot more detailed and makes the game a lot more professional with finally getting rid of the old and quite boring previous layouts.

- Match Engine; I have noticed the match engine has had a major overhaul, finally! Only been waiting a long time since 3D came out to actually play on a match engine where my players actually do what I tell them to do and actually perform like they should (Doesn't mean I'm always winning, cause I'm not, probably the opposite!) But it is magnificent progress.

- Gameplay; This is the most smooth it has ever been, no lagging, freezing or jumping. It is really accessible to most new people to easily get to grips with the game with the updated modes as well I've already seen myself more involved with so much more because of things such as the layout and information is now less hidden!

- Scouting and Transfers; This is probably my favourite, instead of just going to a player and pressing scout and in two days knowing if he is good enough to buy, I now need to plan a transfer with about three or four weeks to spare (without trial), this is really enjoyable and makes transfer windows much more exciting knowing that I have a deadline to find out as much as I can about a player.

- The Bad

Skin; pretty bad skin in my opinion (and looks to be plenty of others too!) too many colour clashes on the skin, green background with white text? If it was dark green then fair enough, or black text, but this needs to be altered slightly, however I'm not too fussed about the skin but because I usually keep the football manager skin on official releases this was a bit of a let down. Headlines (Inbox) needs to be changed, too many different and bright colours, gives me quite a headache and I will never be visiting that page or atleast try and not too as much as I can because it is just horrible to look at, why not just keep to having a clubs badge and a neutral colour background?

Tactics layout is quite messy. Far too little text in far too cramped spaces. Keep it simple, we don't need to know Central Defender - Stopper. How about just CD - (S) or ©. For example: BWM - MCR - (D) - (Ball Winning Midfielder - Midfield Right Centre - Defense, most players that have played Football Manager in the last few years will know the acronyms of the game by now, give us an option to use acronyms or to keep total detail,m using acronyms will be able to have larger text and free up space. Along with tactics screen, the tactics mini pitch is too crowded, player shirts are too big and having two CM's with an AMC and Two ST's means I can't see the star bar (star circle).

Also, unfortunately I have to play with no sound as I'm using Windows 10 Technical Preview - (Managed to change FM2015 compatibility mode to Windows 7 and works and loads up fine (Removes SI Serious Sound Error).

Overall:

Gameplay: 9/10

Interface: 7/10

New Features: 8/10

Match Engine: 7/10

Enjoyability: 10/10.

Not seen anything so far that has made me think seriously, what is wrong with this game? Seen a couple of odd scorelines with other teams but that is just down to tightening up the match engine.

Cheers for the release SI, think this will be the best FM2015 to date, pretty much close to FM2012/3 standards already.

Apparently you can't make threads to explain stuff but can only post here where it gets lost, so no one really see's it. And since the thread was closed I can't just copy and paste over, so cheers for that..

I didn't post this in the bugs forum as it goes over lots of issues with the UI, some bugs, some just bad design. I'm going to go down with the biggest issues and then just list the other ones. First one is a MAJOR one.

The Tactics Screen

First things first. Why do the drop down menus appear and disappear when they want to? Also see no subs bench - note I can't actually add subs at the moment.

te5cv85.png

1tB3F28.png

Even when the options are there picking the team is just as difficult. It lists all the players that can play that position, even when picked. So when doing the subs you just have all the players. When the column "Position selected" actually shows up (as when you try to add it, it rarely does) then it works like last years game. The new "position/role/duty" is really bad. Plus it also rarely works as intended. But it pushes everyone else down the page and it doesn't fit on the screen well.

Also from this screen, let's look at the pitch.

51IaCD0.png

Firstly those stars with the line around to show how good that player is/at the role is just who thought those were a good idea? But anyway onto the point here. Why does it not tell you the position/role and let you change it via the pitch part like on last years game? You can right click and do it, but it's not right there to tell you the info you need. I have to look over the other side of the screen to see what they are. I don't understand this change. Again bad design.

I really don't like this new tactics screen. I've given it some time to make my mind up and even if the bugs are fixed it's still badly designed. The pitch is too big and doesn't even have the same options as last years version.

Now for the segue to the next bit. The side bar on the tactics screen means that you have very little space for columns, I presume that's also why the subs bench doesn't appear on certain resolutions. That plus everything seems to have been made bigger means you have no space even on a decent resolution. I've played on 1440x900, last year was fine. On 1920x1080 it's better, but still very limiting with space. The side bar creates lots of these issues.

The side bar

Probably the most talked about thing at the moment. But the fact you cannot customise it in anyway is poor design. These is an icon only option because it auto sets it when you have a really low resolution. So why can't it be set like that with large resolutions? People, including me love loads of columns for stats, the side bar makes this impossible on lots of screens.

Also the colours. I play as Arsenal so the sidebar is red, but it looks bad. Why can't it be set to normal if I want it to? Like when you are on certain screens:

IFQ3ame.png

The fact that it even changes colour is poor design IMO. But the sidebar should have a maximise and minimise option. There is a icon only option please let us use it if we want to.

Other issues

- Text colours/Icon colours. Some of the colour choices are really bad and don't go with the rest of the theme. Really bright reds or blues that are out of place and difficult to read.

- Under the squad depth custom option the minus buttons either do nothing or remove the complete different position.

- Text being cut off on screens you can't even adjust

Also Lots more which are being posted in the bugs forum for individual basis. I understand this was a big change to the UI, it was an overhaul really. You added the sidebar but didn't check that everything fitted properly. It's less than 2 weeks until the release and there is a lot of work to do in order to get this in a decent place. Cause this at the moment is really quite poor.

Craiigman, the forum is still for FM14. We're keeping the FM15 Beta feedback to a few threads because it will get seen in here by SI. They're very busy right now. Your feedback is appreciated. The bugs you've found still need to be reported in the UI bugs forum though.

I usually just say, "Get scout report". So i need to add him to the watch list thing? Why isn't there a time span called "Till fully scouted"? Wouldn't that make sense?

Get scout report won't reveal much more than what you already know. You'll need to scout him for a few matches or over a certain time.

Till fully scouted is something you can suggest in the wishlist thread for future versions. :thup:

2 small bugs ive notcied, when scouting a player (correa worth 1.7mil)at the bottom of the report is states the club cannot afford the player (newcastle) even tho i have 10mil+ trans budget and had a 3.4mil bid accepted, not a big problem.

second small bug i sold yoan gouffran to west ham, in the media report the fans complained he sold for a small fee (1.9mil upfront and 4.9mil over 48months) and the next paragraph it went on to say that they were pleased and suprised the club got so much money for him.

thanks and keep up the hard work guys and si! :)

Get scout report won't reveal much more than what you already know. You'll need to scout him for a few matches or over a certain time.

Till fully scouted is something you can suggest in the wishlist thread for future versions. :thup:

Yeah my main question was whether contract clauses should fit under info that takes weeks to figure out. (player in question is Timo Horn, it's well known that he has a clause)

Yeah my main question was whether contract clauses should fit under info that takes weeks to figure out. (player in question is Timo Horn, it's well known that he has a clause)

The scout will need to go do his homework on things like clauses, so it is realistic, I'd say. It's well known he has a clause, probably, but not the details of that clause. That's where your scout comes in.

So far so good and this new FM 15 is looking fine. Well done. Bit of difficulty getting used to the new interface and I think that is just a case of using it more. When I first started it felt poor and clumsy but improves every time I use it. Still finding new screens and things.

HOWEVER my biggest issue is with the display. The skin is so dark and I am struggling to see the slider bars. Other aspects of brightness need addressing in that the whole game has a dark feel about it. I also find the pitch a little dark but have not noticed the sunlight and shade on the pitch as big a distraction as with FM14. In FM14 when the ball moved from dark shading to bright sunlight there was a re-focussing issue. This happens with real football but the extremes are not as important in a sim.

Finally can you make the ball a bit brighter or at least give us an option in preferences.

SI, can you please, please, please fix custom views. There is a lot of very powerful information available through them (whereas the default views are very weak and hugely wasteful of space at higher resolutions), but they're an absolute nightmare right now.

1. Moving columns around is tricky to gauge.

2. Resizing columns is an exercise in frustration because it never works consistently.

3. Some kinds of columns behave differently than others (e.g. the Last 5 Games bars).

4. Some columns are left-aligned. Others are right-aligned. Some don't have the right amount of padding (e.g. squad number).

5. Columns regularly get kicked off the right side of the screen even when space is available, forcing you to go through several menus to fix them.

6. The auto-size feature is, again, inconsistent and behaves differently every time you use it.

7. Even when you've got everything set up and saved how you like it, a misclick can ruin everything. Why isn't there a lock feature?!

8. Going in and out of other screens sometimes messes up views entirely: when I go in and out of a player screen, it resets my team selection view.

All of this is incredibly frustrating, and it's been this way for years. We need a much more robust system that lets players display the information they need in the way they want it to be displayed. It's working even worse than it was in FM14.

I ticked "show screen IDs in title bar" in the preferences, but it looks like the IDs are not showing for clubs that are in a league/division not featured in the game. For example Italian Serie D club IDs or IDs of Mongolian clubs are not in the title bar. Is this a bug? Can the IDs still currently be seen somewhere?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but when watching matches in 3d on key highlights it seems to skip penalties. I've had two penalties now on two different saves and both were skipped by the highlights.

Both scored and missed.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could report this in the ME section of the bugs forum. Please read the Bug Reporting Guidelines and FTP details though.

4 crashes on mac, should i post the error log?

Read this (also mentioned in big letters in the forum header): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399624

There's a mac specific thread if you're still having issues: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/419-Mac-Specific-Issues

EDIT: Specifically if you have a MAC: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401288-Posting-a-Mac-Issue

Remember there are known issues with crashes:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401218-Known-Crashes

Apparently you can't make threads to explain stuff but can only post here where it gets lost, so no one really see's it. And since the thread was closed I can't just copy and paste over, so cheers for that..

Couldnt agree more with this. The tactics and squad page look cheap and tacky. After you add a column then change tab, the columns reset. (or atleast do on mine) The american flag type design for position and role tend to bug out.

On the transfer page, the little arrow is the drop downbox to pick a solid number i reckon it should be the whole bar. How many of you actually bother to type a price out?

There's something not right about the side bar... Why couldnt they be implemented at the top like previous FM14, trying to make it look like Windows 8, thats a shocking OS. However i do love the easy access tabs, all relevant and what i used to use 90% of the time in FM14.

There seems to be too much space in the 'Inbox' when reading an email theres loads of room with a small font size, i have good eyes and sit recommended distance away from the screen etc but the text could be a tad bigger to use up the space and for an easier read.

As a few of the guys have said previously some of the colours on the text is too bright.

I think some of the transfer fee's that clubs are asking for are outrageous:

'Ismael Azzaoui' at Tottenham, 17 years old valued at £44k they want £19.25M he may be a hot prospect but his stats are no where near as good as Soldado's and they only want £7.5M for him

'Jerome Sinclair' at Liverpool 18 years old valued at £30.5k they want £29.5M for age and ability at the minute thats an unrealistic fee.

The colour of the potential rating and current rating... I think it should be Gold and grey ontop of black. As opposed to gold and black ontop of grey. Think it would make more sense?

Ive also noticed the sidebar for teams like arsenal and man u are red... I'm Millwall so wouldve though my sidebar should be blue but instead its a bland grey.

Just an idea but you could add icons onto the sidebar? See insert for example

FM15status_zps964bc06e.jpg

Hope this all makes sense

Craiigman, the forum is still for FM14. We're keeping the FM15 Beta feedback to a few threads because it will get seen in here by SI. They're very busy right now. Your feedback is appreciated. The bugs you've found still need to be reported in the UI bugs forum though.

Well the same guy that closed his thread also gave me an infraction for having a joke. Theres a difference between having a joke and 'Trolling' as he put it.

Some observations:

Wantaway players much more challenging now. Started two games now with Roma and immediately Gervinho says having heard of the interest of Real Madrid (an interest I think is unrealistic, but that's another matter) he wants to leave. On two different saves I tried to two different tacts, one where I basically tried to hold firm and made a vague promise of improving the squad, and another where I said I would accept a bid if it came. The former made him very unhappy and he tried to get the squad worked up. I managed to calm down the squad who took my side. But to make him happy in my other save I had to say I'll accept any bids - but I don't want him to go! If a bid comes in I'll have to offer a generous key player contact where Real Madrid will probably offer a rotation contract, still with much higher wages. Probably won't work. I'll try my tried and true method of drawing interest away from players by placing nominal bids for players in the same position those teams are also interested in, drawing them to bid for those players before they bid for my own.

Anyway that's an extended way of saying the new way of dealing with wantaway players is frustrating - which is a good thing! I was just thinking how easy it used to be to fob players off when Gervinho literally said "you can't fob me off like that" which was amusing.

Also, I'd second what Domus Clamantium said about the set pieces being too rigid and still lacking options a little. If Miles says an overhaul is coming, that's cool.

Match fitness seems to matter more in the friendlies and early season. But this is a mixed blessing. Playing pre season friendlies against teams deeper into their pre season (Russian) or already mid season (American) I struggled quite heavily, and it was much more noticeable on 50/50 balls between players of otherwise equal speed/anticipation etc. This is good but when it comes to the perennial issue of AI squad building (it's always a development priority, I know, it's being worked on etc) I'm finding the early season games are a tad easy. They still can't get 15 or sometimes even 11 players at or near match sharpness for the beginning of the season, which for game players is easy and straightforward. Obviously, match fitness takes care of itself as the season goes on, but this early season honeymoon gives you too much of an advantage.

The ME is better I think with players movement on the ball, lateral and backwards when necessary, players are doing more to move themselves into a better position for a pass or other option.

There's even less customisable player instructions for certain roles. When selecting a wing back/attack role/duty I can't reduce the number of crosses that player makes, when I really want my team to be playing very few crosses. Even with the nice low crosses option, this is a problem. Some teams IRL really do put in very, very few crosses, but with this system there will be a minimum number of crosses you probably won't be able to go lower than.

Otherwise generally pleased. Tactics layout is a problem. Don't mind the sidebar and even if I did I expect every iteration to need some getting used to. I care about the ME and tactical application more important than 99% of other things.

The Only problem that I spot till now is TOO MANY GOALS, but in FM is always a problem, all the leagues are different in real life, In Portugal in 8 games per week (16 teams) sometimes we have 12/14 goals, sometimes less, the champion use to have scores like 50 or 60 goals and against 12, 16, 20, per season, on the game scores of 70/80 and against 30 or 40 goals per season, the best goalkeeper or best defensive team have 20 or less goals against in FM the best defense of the season have like 30/ 40 goal against each season...

I love the game but they are to many goals you can see how a real football season is in Portugal and in a majority of countries, final of season scores like 85 goals/48 against are not realistic as you can see on the link bellow this is the normal final season in almost all the countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_S.L._Benfica_season

LAST SEASON IN PORTUGAL, the champion Benfica scored in 30 games, 58 goals and against just 18...

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts

1 Benfica 30 23 5 2 58 18 +40 74

2 Sporting CP 30 20 7 3 54 20 +34 67

3 Porto 30 19 4 7 57 25 +32 61

• Administrators
I ticked "show screen IDs in title bar" in the preferences, but it looks like the IDs are not showing for clubs that are in a league/division not featured in the game. For example Italian Serie D club IDs or IDs of Mongolian clubs are not in the title bar. Is this a bug? Can the IDs still currently be seen somewhere?

I'm not 100% sure, may be a bug so raise it here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

Well the same guy that closed his thread also gave me an infraction for having a joke. Theres a difference between having a joke and 'Trolling' as he put it.

In all fairness it has been pretty subdued for a feedback thread and the mods have to reach their quota. :D

• Administrators
The Only problem that I spot till now is TOO MANY GOALS, but in FM is always a problem, all the leagues are different in real life, In Portugal in 8 games per week (16 teams) sometimes we have 12/14 goals, sometimes less, the champion use to have scores like 50 or 60 goals and against 12, 16, 20, per season, on the game scores of 70/80 and against 30 or 40 goals per season, the best goalkeeper or best defensive team have 20 or less goals against in FM the best defense of the season have like 30/ 40 goal against each season...

I love the game but they are to many goals you can see how a real football season is in Portugal and in a majority of countries, final of season scores like 85 goals/48 against are not realistic as you can see on the link bellow this is the normal final season in almost all the countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_S.L._Benfica_season

Okay thanks, but it's not just a case of turning the goals down a bit. The high scorelines was raised as a known issue on the opening post of this feedback thread. We keep track of the changing goals per match throughout European football, from the 3.16 in the Bundesliga last year to 2.33 in the English League 2. Thanks.

Overall it has been enjoyable so far. UI is good for navigation once you get used to it and there are definite improvements in the match engine with some improved play but still room for improvements in certain areas like

- Lighting – it can be too dark and shadows cast by stands are overbearing and unrealistic

- Squad view – cuts off columns when added after leaving squad screen

- Sidebar – it acts space compressor...up top would work better

- Zoom on match itself using mouse slider not locked…ie keep having to do it when going out and not remembered

- Too many passes in the air and not on the ground…lofted. You have simple straightforward passes along the ground over relatively short distances yet players play with slight loft which is silly and not reflective of their talent….its also easier control a pass along the ground so makes no sense for players to do it

- First touch has improved on last year but can still be tightened

- Too many passes from back to front which are long under instruction to play it short even with a more disciplined instruction

Too many long balls by keeper under instruction not to – playing one game barca Vs bilbao the keepers seemed to indulge in a punting match…in general playing in spain keepers don’t launch it

The central play and through balls has certainly improved on last year but still lots of room for improvement and slickness and guile of interplay around penalty area and in top third can still be improved…a lot of moves still break down here throughout lack of options through poor movement and choice/selection and execution of pass…still lot of goals/chances from the flanks as last year tho central play showed improvements.

On the elevated view can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE increase the zoom function using mouse slider to make it the viewing of the match even smaller size similar to fm12 and prior…even like it looks size wise like it does on split view would be good…I would greatly appreciate this as it takes any of the annoyance of the quirkiness of animations away at that size…it just looks so much better and smoother overall on reduced size…it actually looks really good that way to be honest…pleeeeeeeeeeeeease can this be done.

Just like it says in the release notes in fact :) if you want to help perhaps you could show some figures and tell us how you got figures for ALL leagues in less than 24 hours.

I mean how is it in the Singaporean second division for example?

We do not have a second division for your information.

trying to be sarcastic is cool. but facts need to be there.

This for me is something noticeable with the ME, but not just this season either. I've noticed a lot of my player shooting from 35-yards out rather than holding the ball up, but the main one for me is shooting from a silly angle at the near post rather than across goal or squaring it to the player running in.

I'd raise it in the bugs forum if I was you for the ME and it may be looked at :).

I hope this doesn't continue in the released game. Long shots seem to have been an issue forever and silly shooting angles clearly a problem in FM14.

PS. Have swapped positions been brought back this year? If you played two similar strikers last year it was a shame that you couldn't swap them over to confuse defences.

People's views are subjective, one person's like can be another's dislike. Play the beta and see what you think

Since the Beta is only available to those who preordered, that's not really an option when you're trying to find out about the game. As there is no demo, asking those who are part of the Beta is the only option without actually ordering the game.

Some did so stop with the inferences because it's particularly galling to those of us who did so.

Thing is it's just another case of they can't please everybody, also posts like Shake Appeal's stand a good chance of actually influencing their decisions whereas posts like yours will just stop SI staff bothering to come here.

So that was really a post in support of those who did raise these issues, then. Perhaps if Miles (or whoever) sees this, he might be more inclined to listen to internal criticism in the future.

Far, far too many players constantly threatening to leave as they don't get played enough.

I'm only half way through the first season.

I've not found it an issue at all after playing a total of 5 seasons with two different clubs so it's probably very dependant on who (and How) you're managing, enter a bug report but make sure you add any details that might be relevant, what you've said here isn't enough to investigate.

Archived