Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god, the interface is ugly. It looks a lot like fan-made skins. The persistent translucent background makes text hard to read. Available and unavailable checkboxes are next to indistinguishable. The background clashes with the solid blocks of colour on the left bar and at the top. And those round circle percentages are just ew.

I'm willing to give the vertical taskbar time, but the sooner the old light/dark skins become available, the better.

Also, the "hide position" buttons in custom squad depth overview are funky. Trying to hide SW results in DC being hidden, and some of them simply don't work.

Please report any issues in the bugs forum. This will be a UI issue.

It'll take me some time to get used to the UI and at the end of the day I might end up downloading a skin, especially one that makes the player heads bigger.

In action I have to say I really like the changes in scouting. I never fully realized how "off" it is that a good scout making maybe £1000 a week can be given the name of a Hajduk Split U18 player (who is totally obscure and only plays at an awful standard) and immediately come back with a "scouting report" saying "Midgetovic can be a leading Premier League player" - and be right 95% of the time.

Incredibly jealous of you all, I've downloaded it twice, deactivated my firewall and virus software, changed download location, restarted computer, verified files etc but still get the error where it only goes to 1% complete installation upon clicking play due to "busy servers", doubt I will be playing the beta any time soon now as I have to work.

Be interested to see what you all think of it.

So I'm picking my squad in the tactics screen and I do not see a list of the players... The only way I can get players to pop up is to click the position then I get every player, both unpicked and picked... and I cannot sort them how I want. Like with an assistant rating since I have no clue about this club yet.

I do not like the skin, it is too dark. The default skin has been very light for several years now and that is what I prefer. Now I have a headache after 30 minutes because it is so dark, and you can barely read the text. Please SI, fix this.

And the list when putting a player at a position was very overcomplicated, before you could just drag the player to the preferred position.

How do you tell scouts where to go? I am playing as Man Utd and it is telling me that 12/19 scouts are out on assignments, great, I can see them and can see where they are. What I can't see or figure out is how you see those scouts just sitting around and doing nowt, I want to assign them, how do I?

Afterwards it just shows you a history of the chat. If you're looking to tutor someone, go to a player's development-->training screen.

So this is seriously a design flaw, not a bug? Ridiculous. Where's the realism in not being able to ask anyone who plays in a similar position to tutor the kids?

I don't want my talented wide playmaker to be tutored by old, slow, inept wingers!

Can't use the FL or FR positions anymore? I had great success using Neymar as an FL Inside Forward last time out.

There was no difference in the ME between FL/R and AML/R, so he would have performed the same in the AML slot.

So this is seriously a design flaw, not a bug? Ridiculous. Where's the realism in not being able to ask anyone who plays in a similar position to tutor the kids?

I don't want my talented wide playmaker to be tutored by old, slow, inept wingers!

I'm honestly not sure. I haven't played around with tutoring at all. Someone else can answer you if/when they see your question. :thup:

I do not like the skin, it is too dark. The default skin has been very light for several years now and that is what I prefer. Now I have a headache after 30 minutes because it is so dark, and you can barely read the text. Please SI, fix this.

And the list when putting a player at a position was very overcomplicated, before you could just drag the player to the preferred position.

There is a light skin but it's not ready yet

• SI Staff
How do you tell scouts where to go? I am playing as Man Utd and it is telling me that 12/19 scouts are out on assignments, great, I can see them and can see where they are. What I can't see or figure out is how you see those scouts just sitting around and doing nowt, I want to assign them, how do I?

There's a 'create new assignment' button just above the text telling you how many scouts are out on assignments, on all the scouting screens.

Great to play FM15, however few issues:

1/ Dundee Fc, staff is wrong.

-Niam mohammed should be at Dundee, not alloa as physio

- Gordon Wallace, coach?....He hasn't been at Dens for years

- Eddie Johnson (ex Man Utd) is the U20's coach, not Gavin Burns, he's U14 coach or something.

All the above happened in June/July, so should of made the game. Last month Gerry Creaney was made Head of Youth, I understand it might have been late for this.

Another thing, not liking the interface at all, this double click is not great.

Finally, where is the button to search for staff? I have eventually found the players search, but where is the staff search? Not liking that search bar at the top, must be another way, like the player search way, to find staff??

Edit to add: takes ages to save a game, unlike FM14 and can they include a scroll down button for player searching, only scroll up button.

There's a 'create new assignment' button just above the text telling you how many scouts are out on assignments, on all the scouting screens.

I see, so I just click on 'create new assignment' and it sends the next available unassigned scout then?

Great to play FM15, however few issues:

Another thing, not liking the interface at all, this double click is not great.

If you quit and exit the game and re-launch, that should solve the double click issue. There is a rare scenario where this bug occurs on first launch, but should solve itself on the second launch.

Good god, the interface is ugly. It looks a lot like fan-made skins. The persistent translucent background makes text hard to read. Available and unavailable checkboxes are next to indistinguishable. The background clashes with the solid blocks of colour on the left bar and at the top. And those round circle percentages are just ew.

I'm willing to give the vertical taskbar time, but the sooner the old light/dark skins become available, the better.

Agree with this, I really enjoyed the layout and UI the past couple of versions, this current one just doesn't do it for me.

• SI Staff
I see, so I just click on 'create new assignment' and it sends the next available unassigned scout then?

Clicking the button opens a dialog where you can set up the assignment however you wish. You can choose which scout is sent - or leave it up to your chief scout to send whoever they think is most suited to it.

Archived