FM 15 features

Quite shocked at the amount of people that are being so negative based of a video should probably wait until you've actually played it

Happen when they focus on media and 3d models instead of the core of the game...

I'm hugely disappointed by the fact that basically transfers, tactics and trainings saw very little to no improvement. Oh and no improvement also for regens and international management. Basically nothing worthwhile. For the first year in a very long time i may skip this time.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will people stop saying the burger van is a feature? It's in danger of turning into a meme.

It is merely a small part of the better stadium visuals just like the tv screens, better stands etc. It's not a feature in itself and to bring this up as a 'waste of time' is a lazy argument.

There is a possibility there isn't another press release about new feature (probably only for the beta and the demo, that's it imho). Also you are really optimistic, but then again, if we think about it logically: They mentioned a small training improvement, a small tactical improvement (just a couple new roles, that is it) and you think they overlook a small transfer system improvement? No, sorry but i don't think so. You can still say that it may happen, but from my pov it's just wishful thinking.

I'm not saying it is going to happen.

I'm just saying that just because they didn't announce it in this one spot doesn't mean that there hasn't been some fixes here and there.

Quite shocked at the amount of people that are being so negative based of a video should probably wait until you've actually played it

Yeah my god. I don't understand how people can be disappointed when the most essential parts of the game, such as A.I squad building etc isn't mentioned at all in the preview show. And before you say "Well, they did say not all features would be shown in the preview show", if they manage to squeeze in mustaches into the preview show, logic dictates that it is safe to assume they don't have anything worthwhile to show for A.I squad building etc.

Will people stop saying the burger van is a feature? It's in danger of turning into a meme.

It is merely a small part of the better stadium visuals just like the tv screens, better stands etc. It's not a feature in itself and to bring this up as a 'waste of time' is a lazy argument.

You are correct and I will amend my post.

But now you mention it becoming a meme'....

I'm not saying it is going to happen.

I'm just saying that just because they didn't announce it in this one spot doesn't mean that there hasn't been some fixes here and there.

Well i hope so, bug fixing imho is a given (especially since italian transfer market was broken in fm14). The fact is that this game needed a big improvement in tactics, training and transfer market (possibly internation management too?), and none of them happened.

Yeah my god. I don't understand how people can be disappointed when the most essential parts of the game, such as A.I squad building etc isn't mentioned at all in the preview show. And before you say "Well, they did say not all features would be shown in the preview show", if they manage to squeeze in mustaches into the preview show, logic dictates that it is safe to assume they don't have anything worthwhile to show for A.I squad building etc.

They often said that many areas are incrementally improved each iteration of the game.. So just because they dont say "We have improved AI squad building", doesnt mean there has been made improvements to the area.

basically transfers, tactics and trainings saw very little to no improvement. Oh and no improvement also for regens and international management. Basically nothing worthwhile. For the first year in a very long time i may skip this time.

Alright, either you're trolling now or you work for si and know exactly what is and what is not going into the game.

It's the only way you could talk about it in absolutes.

Happen when they focus on media and 3d models instead of the core of the game...

I'm hugely disappointed by the fact that basically transfers, tactics and trainings saw very little to no improvement. Oh and no improvement also for regens and international management. Basically nothing worthwhile. For the first year in a very long time i may skip this time.

Media/Press Conference is an important aspect to FM now.. it is something big that comes with being a manager therefore improvements on the media and press conference feature is a good thing. it makes you feel more involved and connected to the game, in terms of tactics and training, there has been an HUGE IMPROVEMENT since 2013-2015 , it's not like they are going to revamp the whole tactic system since that has been already done many times over the past 5 years

I am pretty sure Miles said at the end that this would be the last FM game ever and 'burger van manager' was the future, I could be mistaken ....

Maybe he actually said 'moustache simulator' was the future ....

I am pretty sure Miles said at the end that this would be the last FM game ever and 'burger van simulator' was the future, I could be mistaken ....

Maybe he actually said 'moustache simulator' was the future ....

A great example of a post which needs a 'like' button!

Alright, either you're trolling now or you work for si and know exactly what is and what is not going into the game.

It's the only way you could talk about it in absolutes.

If there is a troll here it's you my friend, so watch your tongue/finger. I based my evaluation on the video that was made esplicitly for hyping this game and reveal the most important features/improvements for this year's version. They mentioned a minor training improvement, a minor tactic improvement and nothing/zero/nada for transfers, regens and international managements. Since those were the things i wanted to see completly redone if possible, i'm disappointed and will probably skip this version. It's my right or i have to ask you first? And before you say "play it before judging" well the demo don't help at all about regens and transfer market, so it's either buy it or pass. I think i'll pass.

Media/Press Conference is an important aspect to FM now.. it is something big that comes with being a manager therefore improvements on the media and press conference feature is a good thing. it makes you feel more involved and connected to the game, in terms of tactics and training, there has been an HUGE IMPROVEMENT since 2013-2015 , it's not like they are going to revamp the whole tactic system since that has been already done many times over the past 5 years

I always found the media annoying, and i doubt fm15 will change my mind on that. So yeah, i don't give 2 cents about how they improved it instead of focusing on more important areas.

If there is a troll here it's you my friend, so watch your tongue/finger. I based my evaluation on the video that was made esplicitly for hyping this game and reveal the most important features/improvements for this year's version. They mentioned a minor training improvement, a minor tactic improvement and nothing/zero/nada for transfers, regens and international managements. Since those were the things i wanted to see completly redone if possible, i'm disappointed and will probably skip this version. It's my right or i have to ask you first? And before you say "play it before judging" well the demo don't help at all about regens and transfer market, so it's either buy it or pass. I think i'll pass.

You watched a video about new features and where able to categorically say that x feature has seen no improvements. Which is ridiculous because you don't know. You couldn't know if they had seen any or zero improvements because you don't work for si. So all you're doing now is spreading misinformation which is a sucky thing to do.

But listen, you're right; it's your money. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I 100% agree with this sentiment.

I hope someone from SI comes and clarifies the situation on AI squad building and the transfer module. It's probably the biggest remaining continual complaint from the community , and something that really needs addressed.

If those 2 issues are finally fixed I can live with the dated visuals and incremental updates every year.

Good

-The graphics improvement with regards to stadia, surroundings etc look nice, certainly a big step in the right direction.

-Interface looks nice and tidy.

-The changes to player interaction and the increased effect it seems to have on the morale and stability at the club looks exciting.

-The new choices in player roles look good.

-The introduction of motion capture graphics should add lots of positives to the matchday experience.

Not so good

-No mention if there are any changes to stadium graphics and match day experience in lower leagues, ie. tiny grounds, bumpy pitches, nondescript stands...

-Disappointed no mention was made of the AI squad building however, this is one area which should be given priority.

-The press conference side of the game has always been boring and pointless. I always set my assistant to do the press conferences (most of us do, I imagine). Unless the media interaction now has a tangible effect on the game itself, my immediate thought is that it's a meaningless expansion.

-The financial side spins out of control in my games, and no mention was made of this. The reality of most clubs beneath the elite level really struggling just to stay afloat was one I hoped would be looked into.

I'll wait until the beta before making my mind up, however my first impression is reasonably positive, although a few glaring issues seems to have been ignored this time around.

I agree it isn't correct.

But, I do think you, and others, get a little too involved and hence reactive to criticism of the game / SI. Chill, let us folk rant :) as long as it doesn't infringe on discussion. When you get too involved you become a target.

Others should chill while you rant and make unsubstantiated, overly negative doomsayer predictions?

Personally I think this shows a lot of promise. The messy, over-complicated UI has been an annoyance for me for years, with the amounts of repetitive, unnecessary mouse-clicks needed to get to some of the information. It's good to see that they're dealing with it, and the reasons that they're doing these changes are to deal with a lot of the issues I've had with the UI. It gives a feeling that they understand how it is to play the game and are moving it in a direction to make it more enjoyable in all facets of the game.

And to the ones complaining about ambulances being added to the stadiums: Small, seemingly unnecessary details still add to the bigger picture of the game, making it fuller and richer.

Anything about changes in the tactical system ? More options regarding Pressing ? I know the presentation on twitch didn't mention anything about this, but perhaps something would come out from the Q&A

If SI / Paul C and his team can improve pressing, I'd treat it as a bonus-ball.

I wouldn't hold your breath because I think that the amount of computing power you'd need to make pressing work as IRL is beyond what the average PC / laptop can do - I do think they're limited by the hardware.

You watched a video about new features and where able to categorically say that x feature has seen no improvements. Which is ridiculous because you don't know. You couldn't know if they had seen any or zero improvements because you don't work for si. So all you're doing now is spreading misinformation which is a sucky thing to do.

But listen, you're right; it's your money. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I 100% agree with this sentiment.

So they have improved it but forgot to mention in the video that was made specifically for hyping the game and make people pre-order the game. Seem legit. Ok, i leave you with your own beliefs.

P.S.: You don't know either, but at least my judgment is based (aka logical process) on what SI published, yours have no proof except your own idea.

If SI / Paul C and his team can improve pressing, I'd treat it as a bonus-ball.

I wouldn't hold your breath because I think that the amount of computing power you'd need to make pressing work as IRL is beyond what the average PC / laptop can do - I do think they're limited by the hardware.

Yeah, that's not the issue. In the slightest.

It'd be the complexity in coding the AI. Nothing to do with computing power. At all.

We are almost in 2015 and followed with a 3D nvery poor. Players who appear robots, poor movement`s, players skating on the lawn, we can do better sigames. Come on!

I agree. They touted the match engine visual improvements as being significant, but in fact the movements are super poor, laggy and unrealistic. Especially dribbling - so bad.

Though GK jumps are pretty good.

Others should chill while you rant and make unsubstantiated, overly negative doomsayer predictions?

Personally I think this shows a lot of promise. The messy, over-complicated UI has been an annoyance for me for years, with the amounts of repetitive, unnecessary mouse-clicks needed to get to some of the information. It's good to see that they're dealing with it, and the reasons that they're doing these changes are to deal with a lot of the issues I've had with the UI. It gives a feeling that they understand how it is to play the game and are moving it in a direction to make it more enjoyable in all facets of the game.

And to the ones complaining about ambulances being added to the stadiums: Small, seemingly unnecessary details still add to the bigger picture of the game, making it fuller and richer.

You did read what I wrote about the broadcast? 7 very positive points vs 3 issues SI need to deal with that might have already been done.

Stop trolling :) I'll say this only once so don't expect an ongoing discussion - just calling you out. What I said in the post you quoted wasn't for you and you know that perfectly well :) .

You did read what I wrote about the broadcast? 7 very positive points vs 3 issues SI need to deal with that might have already been done.

Stop trolling :) I'll say this only once so don't expect an ongoing discussion - just calling you out. What I said in the post you quoted wasn't for you and you know that perfectly well :) .

You said 'us folk', so I used the plural 'you', not the second person singular 'you'.

Really liked the Tracksuit/Tactical manager feature, but what happens if you start unemployed? Because in the feature video it just mentioned "after selecting what club to manage, you'll be presented with the option to set yourself up to be a tracksuit manager, a tactical manager, etc..."

The UI looks miles better, not only the sidebar thing, the menus seem to have been considerably simplified. It was ridiculous having to constantly go back and forth from "squad" screens to "club" screens in a confusing way.

However, whatever they're doing with the motion capture and animations I know it's a long-term project, but it looked awfully underwhelming on the videos. Playing sliding all over the pitch as per usual, barely looked improved at all. Sorry.

Not terribly shocked or excited for the better or for the worse with most features, it's the usual incremental update with loads and loads and loads of small things that improve the experience but aren't revolutionary, which is okay because you can't re-invent the game at this stage really.

And by the way I'm gonna swear to myself this year there's no way on earth I'm getting it on release, regardless of how tempted I am. I've followed FM/CM releases forever and the game on release is always always always ruined one way or another, much cheaper and much more reliable by the final update.

This is a warning for the roughly 5 people on the universe who didn't know this already.

Really liked the Tracksuit/Tactical manager feature, but what happens if you start unemployed? Because in the feature video it just mentioned "after selecting what club to manage, you'll be presented with the option to set yourself up to be a tracksuit manager, a tactical manager, etc..."

Isn't this simply whether or not you ask your assistant to take training or do it yourself?? Did I miss something?

Well I can say it was a bit underwhelming.

For me the top features were player capture and stadiums.

The neutrals are UI, that will depend on how it works physically on the game, because above all functionality is for me the most important.

The negatives moustaches... major facepalm. If that is intended to be funny, I completely missed the point.

With the severe lack of editor news, at it stands now, not worth to pre-order it. The demo and editor news will depend if i get this one or not.

Sorry. :(

PS: The night wasn't a total waste, the documentary was nice. It recall old memories of fun times, when the game was more focus on the important stuff.

Video looked good, some features sparkled my interest (manager profile more detailed, scouting, UI) but again half of the features are pointless at least for me. Graphics detail shouldn't be a priority, that was never the goal in FM. I still use 2D and think it's the best way to analyze my tactics. The press conferences are pointless (and I think I speak not only for myself), it might be interesting at first but people grow tired of them quickly, because there's no real piont in answering so many questions without it having an effect in the game.

Isn't this simply whether or not you ask your assistant to take training or do it yourself?? Did I miss something?

Seems like it's a RPG type element where you can put a number of points in each. Still relevant if you're unemployed I guess.

What's not been explained is how these attributes will affect the game. Especially on the tactical side. Does it affect reputation only or go deeper?

It's quite well explained in the video imo, but basically it affects your ability to, for example, coach a player technically (defensive-wise or attacking-wise) vs. your ability to command respect and motivate your players.

I can't wait to see it . A few good small changes ( graphics GK , stadiums , interface) , a few big important changes for me : scouting options and more realistic personal things like coaching badges etc..

Also receiveing the new transferbudget in may is more realistic.

Bring it on (beta around +- 24/25 october ?)

Well I can say it was a bit underwhelming.

For me the top features were player capture and stadiums.

The neutrals are UI, that will depend on how it works physically on the game, because above all functionality is for me the most important.

The negatives moustaches... major facepalm. If that is intended to be funny, I completely missed the point.

With the severe lack of editor news, at it stands now, not worth to pre-order it. The demo and editor news will depend if i get this one or not.

Sorry. :(

PS: The night wasn't a total waste, the documentary was nice. It recall old memories of fun times, when the game was more focus on the important stuff.

Sorry but yes I think you did completely miss the point I.E Movember. It's more to raise awareness for the charity than to be a 'joke'

This thread :lol:

As for the new features themselves, some pretty nifty changes in there, although I reckon it'll take me a while to get used to the new UI. I don't like sidebars generally, so that's a bit off-putting to start with.

The advancements in scouting gets the biggest thumbs up from me at the moment, looks more indepth with more info displayed. It's an area of the game where the last two editions have been a bit lacking, so that's promising.

3D engine looks ok, I particularly like the new GK animations, and it looks like they've at last got the ball moving in a realistic direction after a keeper's saved it. The ability for players to pass and shoot with the inside and outside of the foot should lead to some cracking visuals, looking forward to that.

I was a bit disappointed to see no mention of the transfer market, as that's a key area of the game. That said, it worked pretty well on FM14, so I daresay there won't be too many major uphevals in that department. No mention of FMC either, which was a bit worrying, although there's not that much to add to it, apart from hopefully some more detailed post match stats.

All in all, quite promising. Hey, it's FM, you pretty much know what you're going to get anyway. The real proof of the pudding will come from actually playing the thing. Said I wasn't going to get this year's one. That's looking like barefaced lies now :D

• Administrators

Just to clarify, AI improving squad building is not a feature. It's something that we do every version as we're always looking to improve it. The transfer market and how it works always undergoes work 'under the hood' so to speak. Given the importance now being given to player roles and as Miles said, how the AI now uses roles more effectively then this is something they'll be looking at in terms of squad building.

Also FMC is definitely still in the game, don't worry! And Movember is something of course for charity. It is something some players do in real life, so if we can have it in game and also raise publicity for such an amazing cause then why wouldn't we want to do it?

Also bear in mind there's multiple coders that work on FM who specialise in different area. If a coder has say designed an ambulance for the match environment, that has not taken resources away from programming say the Editor for example.

Archived