FM 15 features

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out in a month , cool :)

new features are a bit of a disappointment , the graphics are still laughably bad , but I'm weak and will probably buy it again.

Thats your opinion. It's incorrect of course, but you are entitled to it. The media interactions are a vital part of the game reflecting real life.

They're a part of the game the community continually complains about because they add so very little to the experience. They're kinda cool for the first couple hours before everyone inevitable sets it to "assistant takes press conferences"

it was said it becomes more accurate the longer you scout a player

I'll hold my tongue then and wait and see - if you have a rubbish scout who rates a future star as a 1* talent on a first scouting report but changes there mind after scouting him for 4 weeks or a good scout who'll get it right first time then maybe I can see some value in it.

OMG - players growing moustaches!! That really does take the biscuit.

Overall have to say I'm underwhelmed

Looks pretty tidy! Seen what i think are a few additions taken directly from the wishlist thread which is always a big plus. I know it wasn't mentioned but i hope that there is an improvement to the Team Scouting section as i really struggle with the current model.

My only other concern is that some of the in game shots look a little...well, ice-skate-y. I know it's a work in progress though so hopefully that'll be ironed out for the release build

Kind of underwhelmed. I've never been the press conference kind of guy. Would have loved me some more tactical options, seems as if everything stays at it is, plus a few new roles. Btw, just because some dork decided to call Müller "Raumdeuter" it's a role in FM. Strange. This hybrid playmaker though, seems a nice addition.

Like the new GUI, though. Could have been an even more radical update.

Love the scouting.

Caught the last few minutes about the media taking various approaches to how they treat you, past history being used in job interviews and players getting moustaches during November :D

small things but its early days

Honestly speaking, I think outside of the motion capture stuff for the ME, it's quite underwhelming. Its more like a tweaked version of FM14, which was a tweaked version of FM13. Its not really packing many major new features.

To the ones saying the graphics 'look even worse than before', did you not see the huge WORK IN PROGRESS watermark in the bottom right corner?

Fair point, and in previous games the beta's and early versions have looked similarly 'Ice-skatey' and then improved. Although, to be fair this was in the section where Miles was saying (I paraphrase) "look at how good our new 3d motion capture graphics look in our new improved match engine" so I think he was opening himself up for some criticism

For the most part looks good willpick it up after christmas when the bugs are less than release, you just know the poo storm on this forum on the 8th of November onwards.:eek:

It'll start from the beta launch.

Beta will launch and have some really obvious flaw like every year, the mods and the usual crowd will defend it until the death before Paul says in the bugs forum that it's a known issue, it'll inevitable be rushed to be fixed before the retail release likely drastically altering something else, it'll be defended to the death again before SI fix it : Rinse and Repeat.

It's the same every.single.year.

We'll all whine and moan, but play it regardless because , despite it's flaws, there isn't anything else comparable at this point.

Overall impressed, but as somebody who plays FM through their TV from several feet away, the sidebar worries me. Worried writing will now be too small and squashed for me to see. Hopefully those fears are unfounded. Overall, some great additions. I like the idea of being more involved in training too. Long time coming, that. Well done, guys.

The only downside is I'm on holiday when it comes out!

It'll start from the beta launch.

Beta will launch and have some really obvious flaw like every year, the mods and the usual crowd will defend it until the death before Paul says in the bugs forum that it's a known issue, it'll inevitable be rushed to be fixed before the retail release likely drastically altering something else, it'll be defended to the death again before SI fix it : Rinse and Repeat.

It's the same every.single.year.

We'll all whine and moan, but play it regardless because , despite it's flaws, there isn't anything else comparable at this point.

Agreed, nice to see a fellow doonhamer on these forums.:thup:

Overall impressed, but as somebody who plays FM through their TV from several feet away, the sidebar worries me. Worried writing will now be too small and squashed for me to see. Hopefully those fears are unfounded. Overall, some great additions. I like the idea of being more involved in training too. Long time coming, that. Well done, guys.

The only downside is I'm on holiday when it comes out!

I would imagine you can change the zoom level. You can at the minute so i see no reason why they would take it out.

Thats your opinion. It's incorrect of course, but you are entitled to it.

We will see how it pans out. My biggest problem with media interaction so far in FM series, is that you encounter almost every possible question after like 5 games... instead I would have "groups of questions", in script of course, "behind the scenes", "under the hood" or whatever you call it, and the script to trigger when certain event occurs... e.g. group of questions to be asked by media when you play local derby, then different when you play international derby, when you secure the title with 5 games left, if you are constantly giving young players game time, if you insist on certain tactical concept etc... I know it's in the game but not to that extent I think it should be... then I want media to stop asking stupid questions when your player gets injured like "who do you expect to replace him" etc... journalists should be more intelligent, they should know depth of your team and if you have another quality player on bench to replace your injured player they should be aware of it and simply skip the question or be even more intelligent, knowing your next best player in that position and ask "do you feel that player X will manage to successfully replace player Y" etc... vice versa if you don't have anyone good to replace your star player they should ask something like "with no suitable option on the bench to come in for player A, do you expect your team to struggle in the next few rounds" etc... just a few thoughts...

What does everyone hate the most about the game? Media interaction you say? Let's us focus a lot of resources making more media interaction.

What are the most pressing issues people have about the game? A.I squad building and transfer system you say? Let's spend a loads of time remaking the user interface.

Really disappointed with the preview. The good things from the preview were: Better overview of finances, scouting system, smarter board and training. However, it still doesn't fix the most pressing issues.

They spent a huge amount of resources making motion capture etc and if anything, it looks worse than previous iterations of the game and those looked like something from the 90s.

Even if they had made it look great visually, the essential parts such A.I squad building, transfer system and game engine are still crap and no matter how much you try to make a pile of crap look nice, at the end of the day it is still a pile of crap.

Lovely to see the usual chirpy, optimistic responses on here.

Bear in mind that any gripes about the quality of the motion capture and general graphical quality are being based on snippets of early Beta footage being streamed online I for one won't be judging anything until I see it in the flesh. Conceptually, many of the changes are welcome tweaks / additions. Try filling your glasses up to a smudge over half way for a change ;)

What does everyone hate the most about the game? Media interaction you say? Let's us focus a lot of resources making more media interaction.

What are the most pressing issues people have about the game? A.I squad building and transfer system you say? Let's spend a loads of time remaking the user interface.

Really disappointed with the preview. The good things from the preview were: Better overview of finances, scouting system, smarter board and training. However, it still doesn't fix the most pressing issues.

They spent a huge amount of resources it seems on making 3d rendered players etc and if anything, it looks worse than previous iterations of the game and those looked like something from the 90s.

Even if they had made it look great visually, the essential parts such A.I squad building and the transfer system are still crap and no matter how much you try to make a pile of crap look nice, at the end of the day it is still a pile of crap.

They didn't mention all the changes though, did they? Possibility you are making wild assumptions?

My notes from the video:

1- new user interface

2- tracksuit manager

3- match engine

4- new stadiums

5- improved atmosphere

6- new roles

--roaming playmaker

--raumdeuter

--inverted wing back

--wide playmaker

7- preferred moves

8- scouting

--new player search assignment (pinpoint search)

9- improved scout reports

--all pros and cons

10- player search

--suggestions while writing

--search acc. to happiness

--search acc. to hg status for spesific club

11- improved personal conversation

--talk all players concern about same issue

12- press conferences

--in match ground questions

--create rivalry btw managers

13- finance

--initial budget in may

14- manager profile

--add multiple languages

--more than one favorite club

15- job interviews

--questions regarding previous job

16- training

--flexible sessions

--new coaching styles (technical, tactical, mental)

17- movember

18- twitch

They didn't mention all the changes though, did they? Possibility you are making wild assumptions?

You can say I am a half empty glass type of guy if you will, but I am thinking if they are taking time to mention burger vans and moustaches I am guessing there is no big announcement for the likes of AI squad building to be made.

It seems they have focused on the 'bigger' changes, of course they will, it is the release show for the game.

Surely the game is at the stage now where there will never be any 'major' additions as such?

So really it is just going to be general tweaking/improving what's there along with any other small additions. Some of them I think 'hmmm not so fussed for that' hen others I think 'sounds good - never even thought of that!'

With the new season well underway I'm looking forward to this being released.

People need to stop moaning about media interaction. The fact of the matter is it's a part of management these days. Increasingly so. How many managers do you think actually enjoy that side of their job? Very few. But it's life. Personally, I've always found them useful and always attend them myself. It's not hard to have a full media bar & use them to your advantage. For me, more variety in questions is very welcome. They'll never please everyone with the side of the game unless they take it out, it seems. But they're not going to, and rightfully so. It's something every manager at every level has to deal with.

The fact that they didn't bring up any of these changes in the preview mean there are no major tweaks to it. They read the forums, they know these are the most pressing issues for most people and if they had actually done something to them, they surely would announce it in the preview. I am sure smaller tweaks have been made but it is still sad that most likely they have ignored what matters most.

Archived