FM 15 features

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh noooo... who voted for the enhanced player interaction?

I see myself raging in front of the screen because again somebody "is keen to discuss personal matters"!

One of the things that annoy me the most in FM14...

:(

I really impressed. Probably the most I've been for many versions previously. For the first time ever I was seriously considering not buying on release day (part due to having a great little save going on FM14 still and part due to that the game will be released as always needing patches).

However, this video of new features has suckered me in. It looks a big leap for me.

-Tracksuit manager or Tactical manager....Love this addition. Means I can mould the character I want to be in-game far better than I could before. Adds considerably to the immersion factor.

-Improved graphics of the match and player movement....looks better as you'd expect, but not so important for me, not least because I have a lower end spec computer so might not get to see the advantages of this.

-In-match team talk from the side line....wanted this for a long time. More realistic and means I can manage/motivate/scream at swear to my little darlings out there for 90 minutes if I want to.

-Stadium versions....looks nice, much better than the previous bog standard template.

-More PPM's....making the players able to be moulded more to your individual vision. More management to be done in a management game. Plus plus for me.

-Scouting....far too much for me to briefly touch on here, but looks like a massive overhaul and more realistic. Liking that initially you might get only attribute ranges and the more you scout that player the more detail you get. Realistic. Scouting looks like a long overdue big improvement!! :thup:

-Press conferences....I'm one of the few that doesn't mind press conferences, I answer every question in-game. I understand why those who find it boring do (but that's what the assistant is for??), but it either needed binning or a more immersive, varied overhaul so I'm more than happy with the work gone in here. Like the broadsheet/tabloid differences, the youth and U21 questions and how questions tailored for periods of the season and upcoming big games or run ins. The media and Press AI seems better by a mile, I hope it is!!

-Player interactions....Looks brilliant. Massive part of the game in real life under-cooked previously and was far too easy to keep everyone happy in previous versions of the game. I want problems of how I deal with the Ballotelli's, the whiners, the sulkers, the greedy pigs, zero loyalty players that every team has. Much more immersive and able to mould your vision of building a squad.

-Advanced announcements of budgets for following season....that takes in to account players you will be releasing, already bought. Makes it much easier to plan ahead and appears reflective of real world practices.

-Club profiles and lists of previous managers....nice to have addition where I can see average length a manager lasts there. Am I joining a Palermo or Chelsea or a Arsenal or Newcastle. Hatchet man chairman or patient doesn't care much chairman on who is running his club. Nice little addition. Nice also that at a glance I can see who was there before, how they did, and for how long.

-Job interviews....love the fact they are more tailored to you and your past. And get more detailed as you build up a history with added in awkward questions maybe of why you want the job??

Looking good, looks more realistic and more immersive and personal than ever.

Downside is that I hope the tactical and player role has not been over-complicated and you're left to feel around in the dark to sink or swim on simple tactics that work.

My suggestions would be:

- short-list for staff as well

- real newspaper names worldwide

- clubs take overs shouldn't happen as easy and often as they happen; looks completely random

also, a manager should be able to ask the board for the creation of a B team that could play in the lower leagues, instead of the traditional reserves or youth team

so rivalry wont still develop? This makes playing with lower league team always unrealistic when you bring in a team from skrill premier to premier league and you never have a derby game.

I also hoped this would happen. It still might though as we dont know every new feature

Sorry to say but it looks like a glorified UI update to me. Can see why there has been very little PR about this before now, being 1 month till the release date; there simply is nothing else to spin but for updated data, (3 year late) tweaked layouts and more media questions with the same basic 4 tone answer approach which is perhaps the biggest bug bare and annoyance mentioned by the fans. Anything else was clearly too small to bother mentioning in an initial release for fear of ridicule. Minor tweaks that continue to perfect last years game dressed up in a new costume.

As for the snippets of the 3D match engine, if I was part of SI's marketing team I'd be hiding under my desk right now. The player movement, control and dribbling looked awful for a game in late 2014 from the clips they showed, there must have been better moments to show than the ones that they did. It's no wonder people skip this entirely for the 2D engine if that's the best they have to show, can't see that changing this year either. I now get to see a player floating and gliding up to the ball and score a penalty with the outside of his boot while the commentary says he missed and no goal will be awarded.

Same game, new data, updated layout and more questions. That'll be £26.99 please. Pass.

I went to the Sheff viewing of the documentary and thoroughly enjoyed it but both me and my mate were slightly disappointed with the “What’s new on FM15” broadcast…

The new ME looks rather ropey (players didn’t look human) but I know that’s work in progress and I can definitely agree that motion capture is the way forward, so credit to SI on this. The UI looked rather bleak to be honest; I noticed loads of empty space on most screens and some of the colours they used were terribles (grey text on grey backgrounds!). The last negative from my point of view was the extra bumph around press conferences and player interaction. Seriously, do we really need more? Yes, there are new questions, interaction, conversations etc but they will eventually become boring and monotonous once you know all the convos off by heart (eg *click* *click* click* *click* *leave conversation*)

Right, the positives…

The new tactics screen looks awesome. Really excited to start tinkering with the new roles SI have introduced and the tactics screen looks amazing. The Tracksuit/Tactical Manager is a great idea and this will really add some story around your manager even before you pick a club. The search engine idea is a great idea and I’m glad the sidebar is back, although I noticed it took a large chunk of the screen up.

I obviously know that there will be loads of small tweaks that will crop up once I play the game and I’m pleased SI have listened to the hardcore fans and not introduced a massive new feature with potential gamebreaking flaws in it and are concentrating on getting what’s already in there as perfect as possible.

I’m confident that FM15 will be a good version of the game, nothing has been introduced that could potentially ruin it so I can see it being a more polished version of FM14

Oh and Miles totally owning the lad who asked about being able to buy things with Manager salary was brilliant. I could see his temple veins pulsating. Brilliant!

Oh and Miles totally owning the lad who asked about being able to buy things with Manager salary was brilliant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wage probably DOES have some purpose in FM 14. Particulary regarding Job Security, if you've recently signed a new 4/5 year long contract which involves a high wage, it would be harder for the Board of a more financially modest club to sack you? So there is some purpose of manager wages then?

Will the tunnel interviews have any effect on the match? The players won't hear these interviews, and once the game is finished the comments made here will surely be quickly forgotten about?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wage probably DOES have some purpose in FM 14. Particulary regarding Job Security, if you've recently signed a new 4/5 year long contract which involves a high wage, it would be harder for the Board of a more financially modest club to sack you? So there is some purpose of manager wages then?

Spot on. And it goes towards that manager score you get at the end of the season, on the leader boards.

Thats your opinion. It's incorrect of course, but you are entitled to it. The media interactions are a vital part of the game reflecting real life.

Thats rather ironic don't you think when you tell someone they can have an opinion but its wrong hahaha

With regard to the mdeia interactions - If you visit these forums on a regular basis and read the posts yiu will have come to recognise how a large majority of FM'ers DONT actually like how its has been and currently is at FM14 portrayed. Its one of the biggest things complained about aside from the ME and and as was mentioned most will quickly delgate media interaction to their Ass Man. It needs a lt more work for it work how the gamers would prefer. That said we'd ALL prefer more effort spent on the ME...in my honest and humble opinion :D

They were once too ;)

My issue is that I'm not inclined to make too much of a hassle in order to find out about FM15. In coming here I'm already more proactive than the vast majority of potential FM15 buyers. If I need to dig even further by following SI on other social websites or go looking for them, then the information will reach fewer people than it would otherwise. Not sure if that is what SI want.

In addition to that, and hence the venting tone of my earlier post, I do not exactly feel valued as a customer if a company demands me to come after it in order to enjoy the privilege of being informed about their most recent product. I'd much prefer being approached in a way like 'look, you have this incredibly cool FM14 on your laptop, we appreciate that. it's just that we have created this even better FM15. here, have a look at it and at what we improved even further'. SI should want me to buy their product more than I want them to create it.

Jesus Christ, do you want a cuddle mate?

My daily smile courtesy of the forums :D

Yep you're right it does. It's part of your job security. This lad wanted to buy cars and houses etc...

What makes me laugh is the forum is forever full of "SI stop introducing new things and get the basics fixed" then when they do this we have comments like "£27 for an update...no thanks". They just can't win.

Prepare for several months of side splitting in that case :rolleyes:

I really impressed. Probably the most I've been for many versions previously. For the first time ever I was seriously considering not buying on release day (part due to having a great little save going on FM14 still and part due to that the game will be released as always needing patches).

However, this video of new features has suckered me in. It looks a big leap for me.

-Tracksuit manager or Tactical manager....Love this addition. Means I can mould the character I want to be in-game far better than I could before. Adds considerably to the immersion factor.

-Improved graphics of the match and player movement....looks better as you'd expect, but not so important for me, not least because I have a lower end spec computer so might not get to see the advantages of this.

-In-match team talk from the side line....wanted this for a long time. More realistic and means I can manage/motivate/scream at swear to my little darlings out there for 90 minutes if I want to.

-Stadium versions....looks nice, much better than the previous bog standard template.

-More PPM's....making the players able to be moulded more to your individual vision. More management to be done in a management game. Plus plus for me.

-Scouting....far too much for me to briefly touch on here, but looks like a massive overhaul and more realistic. Liking that initially you might get only attribute ranges and the more you scout that player the more detail you get. Realistic. Scouting looks like a long overdue big improvement!! :thup:

-Press conferences....I'm one of the few that doesn't mind press conferences, I answer every question in-game. I understand why those who find it boring do (but that's what the assistant is for??), but it either needed binning or a more immersive, varied overhaul so I'm more than happy with the work gone in here. Like the broadsheet/tabloid differences, the youth and U21 questions and how questions tailored for periods of the season and upcoming big games or run ins. The media and Press AI seems better by a mile, I hope it is!!

-Player interactions....Looks brilliant. Massive part of the game in real life under-cooked previously and was far too easy to keep everyone happy in previous versions of the game. I want problems of how I deal with the Ballotelli's, the whiners, the sulkers, the greedy pigs, zero loyalty players that every team has. Much more immersive and able to mould your vision of building a squad.

-Advanced announcements of budgets for following season....that takes in to account players you will be releasing, already bought. Makes it much easier to plan ahead and appears reflective of real world practices.

-Club profiles and lists of previous managers....nice to have addition where I can see average length a manager lasts there. Am I joining a Palermo or Chelsea or a Arsenal or Newcastle. Hatchet man chairman or patient doesn't care much chairman on who is running his club. Nice little addition. Nice also that at a glance I can see who was there before, how they did, and for how long.

-Job interviews....love the fact they are more tailored to you and your past. And get more detailed as you build up a history with added in awkward questions maybe of why you want the job??

Looking good, looks more realistic and more immersive and personal than ever.

Downside is that I hope the tactical and player role has not been over-complicated and you're left to feel around in the dark to sink or swim on simple tactics that work.

i agree with almost everything in this post !:)

For me the Scouting part is the most important improvement !

When will beta be launched? 2 weeks before the game?

Answer is on here: http://www.footballmanager.com/insider/lang/en_GB

"Anyone who pre-orders Football manager 2015 will also enjoy early access to a fully-playable Beta version, available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date."

Key word is "roughly"; any time between the 24th October and the 7th November presumably. NOT necessarily the 24th October.

This is one for the skinners probably, but will FM15 allow the skin makers to put the 'instant result' button from FMC into the main FM Career mode as they have done in 13 and 14?

Makes a huge difference in being able to just plough through seasons and have fun.

Well, I was considering skipping an FM for the first time ever. I won't be now!

Love the new UI and skin. Simple, clear, lovely.

The Tracksuit/Tactical Manager addition is genius. Good common-sense changes for training and scouting.

It's hard to comment on the back of a video, but the UI looked a heck of a lot smoother and quicker to use as well. Searching takes FOREVER in FM14, but looked much faster in the vid...

This is one for the skinners probably, but will FM15 allow the skin makers to put the 'instant result' button from FMC into the main FM Career mode as they have done in 13 and 14?

Makes a huge difference in being able to just plough through seasons and have fun.

Until they get their hands on the game, it is impossible to give a definitive answer. Just play FMC instead and you can plough through seasons anyway AND have a purpose built Instant Result feature :brock:

Pre-ordered it today, looking forward to it, and to this FMC vid.

Already thinking of how to build in the new roles. Bet some are a tad disappointed in not getting "central wingers" though.

You mean CM(attack) with 'Run wide with ball' PI? :p

Until they get their hands on the game, it is impossible to give a definitive answer. Just play FMC instead and you can plough through seasons anyway AND have a purpose built Instant Result feature :brock:

FMC is watered down and gimmicky, well thats how it comes across to me.

I want to play the full game as I always have... ill have to hope the Skinners pull through for me :D

Would you like me to close your account here so you don't have to suffer any more?

Maybe you could do that for the people that complain about the complainers also?

Then the people that are left can all come here and sing Kumbaya together!

:p

Would you like me to close your account here so you don't have to suffer any more?

LOL thats a bit harsh. I expect he meant he meant he'll wait until after Xmas and get it cheaper but I bet he doesn't :D

It's a simple fact of life that with some elements of FM it is very hard to come up with stuff that can be included in a video preview of the game. Hence the note at the start that the video does not cover all new features/improvements.

Especially with the newgen system, the progress over the years isn't made with big "media-sexy" one-off features but rather small incremental improvements and finetuning over the years. Even when we make bigger changes, such as implemeting role-based player templates to be used as basis for sets of player attributes, they are mostly done under the hood with very little immediate visual impact on the user experience.

So you will rarely see major announcements about things like the newgens in such preview videos. That does not however mean the area is overlooked or not focused on.

And since you didn't say a word about international management, I assume nothing was improved there?

LOL thats a bit harsh. I expect he meant he meant he'll wait until after Xmas and get it cheaper but I bet he doesn't :D

Ha! I'm still smarting after being polite to people yesterday who got narky when advised that not all features and improvements were mentioned in the video, and therefore not to assume that things like AI squad building weren't touched.

Ahem:

Just to clarify, AI improving squad building is not a feature. It's something that we do every version as we're always looking to improve it. The transfer market and how it works always undergoes work 'under the hood' so to speak. Given the importance now being given to player roles and as Miles said, how the AI now uses roles more effectively then this is something they'll be looking at in terms of squad building..

There needs to be a tappy foot smilie whilst I wait for the apologies to roll in :) You know who you are..... :D

EDIT - And a handbag smilie:

Would someone please remove his modding rights? This is unbearable. :thdn:

There needs to be a tappy foot smilie whilst I wait for the apologies to roll in :) You know who you are..... :D

I am quite sure I do not know what you are talking about....... :)

....Anyway lets just see what changes have been made before we start sending you flowers and boxes of chocolates. :p

Well, that was a bit disappointing.

Firstly the extra press/player interaction stuff. Most of it has been said already so I can only add my support to all the concerns regarding this painfully tedious part of the game becoming even more prominent. Another thing is the in-match team talks thingy - I absolutely loathe the idea. Please stop adding functions that make the match day an even more time consuming experience! There are still those among us that want to get through matches in key highlights without extra hassle. I won't comment on ME because there isn't much you can take from a short video like this. The tracksuit/tactical thing is a cosmetic touch, tactics themselves look much the same underneath. Scouting looks improved though and the attribute ranges is a well overdue addition along with heavier attribute masking and less accurate reports.

As for the silly mustache thing, won't that clash with the excellent custom hair pack for regens by OLT? Which would really suck if it did.

I'm wondering how many needed to Google Kumbaya :)

I really hope there weren't that many tbf :D

I understand people's concerns. But frankly, if I can use an edited db in FMC I'll be fine with that. I think one of the reasons I've been a little irritated with FM14 was how much time I had to put into it. Something that's been more difficult to do considering my life outside of FM right now.

Oh and if I could have the analysis tab too in FMC that'd be great.

Answer is on here: http://www.footballmanager.com/insider/lang/en_GB

"Anyone who pre-orders Football manager 2015 will also enjoy early access to a fully-playable Beta version, available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date."

Key word is "roughly"; any time between the 24th October and the 7th November presumably. NOT necessarily the 24th October.

Thanks. So, between 24th, and 1st Novmber probably :D

Archived