Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

And yet there are others, like me, who are not seeing these silly high scoring games. Highest that I have had, is a 2-2.

I am seeing crosses being cut out. I am seeing fullbacks tackle too. They are defensively far from perfect, but it isn't completely broken.

Mind uploading a few of your pkm, i m sure watching them in full you will find a bunch of those non cut cross, fullback not tackling etc.. examples.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My full game is working perfect . Two days ago my beta game crashed for the first time (right after i forgot to save it for a few weeks...)

So i lost 4 games(three wins and one draw).. it was a sign.. because one minute later my pregnant wife said 'we have to leave to the hospital' .. five hours later my son Alexander was born :)

Thank you Si for the realism :)

Good boy, obviously wanted out in time for the full release :thup:

I had the same problem, it was because I had FM installed on my SSD and I installed the editor on my HDD. Uninstalled and installed on the ssd, problem solved.

You signed up over 2 years ago and this is your first post???

I'm very glad you did post, however - you've just solved my head-banging problem! Thank you so much!!!

As somebody who completely skipped FM13, early signs suggest that FM14 is a big improvement on the FM12 I'm used to. The layout and navigation are different, and as somebody who has their matches on 'only commentary' the match screen was a bit of a shock with all the info on one screen, but I'll get used to that.

The only real issue I've found is that there seems to be a high amount of instances where one team scores and the other equalises straight away (both in my favour and against).

Not a massive issue though and wont ruin my game. Looking forward to getting home tonight and properly starting my career with Stockport.

First impressions:

Really like the new interface, bolder and clearer to see.

Love the idea of clicking on a media source to read their recent news items.

The addition of the league preview screen is also excellent.

I don't know whether it's because I've started with a good team (usually go lower level), but it really does feel like my tactical instructions are being followed in the ME.

One very minor annoyance is that when there's a match incident and the graphic pops up (i.e. a yellow card) it shows the player's face and the team kit - wouldn't it be better to show the club badge and player? Why the kit is being shown, I don't quite know.

Other than that, I've very impressed so far guys. Well done. :thup:

If anyone ordered from GMG and don't see the second key in your account, send GMG a ticket a they will reply fairly quickly and give you your code.

That's what I did and they sent me my codes.

Have transfers been tweaked from the beta? Clubs are offering me far less for my players, often insulting offers of well below their value (Madrid offering me 3.6m for Aaron Lennon and Monaco offering 1.5m for Andros Townsend and 2.5m for Danny Rose) and clubs are asking silly money for players that were available for a reasonable price in the beta, Soton wanting 40m or so for Luke Shaw when 12.5m+ 5m of add-ons did the trick in the beta is perhaps the best example.

If changes have been made, they are a little bit too drastic for me.

Have transfers been tweaked from the beta? Clubs are offering me far less for my players, often insulting offers of well below their value (Madrid offering me 3.6m for Aaron Lennon and Monaco offering 1.5m for Andros Townsend and 2.5m for Danny Rose) and clubs are asking silly money for players that were available for a reasonable price in the beta, Soton wanting 40m or so for Luke Shaw when 12.5m+ 5m of add-ons did the trick in the beta is perhaps the best example.

If changes have been made, they are a little bit too drastic for me.

Known issue.. being seen to..

Try clearing your game cache and restarting the game from a save point.. has worked for some.

Try clearing your game cache and restarting the game from a save point.. has worked for some.

Cheers for the reply, it didn't occur to me that it might be a bug or issue, so I didn't think to look in the relevant thread. I'll give clearing the cache a go!

Sorry to hear that Damien.. hopefully it will be fixed soon, it is being looked at though.

hope u fix it soon

but just in order to be sure

the steps i tried are :

1. i save the game

2. i quit to main start screen of fm

3. i go to preferences an clear skin cache

4. i load the game

is that the correct steps and order of steps of your suggestion? thanks

It LOOKS like it is gone, but it doesn't really disappear. It's a bit of a nightmare, but if you do get a column that disappears, try and drag it open from the far right hand side. Your cursor will change to a double side arrow pointing left/right.

It is pretty much the same thing you would do if you were trying to make the very last column narrower. Instead of making it narrower, you end up dragging the column you're looking for into view.

Hope that helps.

Thanks HUNT3R but i'm afraid it doesn't help much.

That's exactly what it doesn't do for me. I can drag left and right but that column furthest to the right has disappeared.

By that i mean it's still there, but no matter how much i try dragging it will not come back to visibility.

If 2 columns have "disappeared" to the right i can bring back one. By dragging it the opposite way of what i should be.

I have to make it disappear more in order for it to show itself again (drag it more to the right).

If only 1 column has "disappeared" to the right i pretty much have to start all over again.

Couldn't find it there either :confused:

You have to go to the transfer centre now.

The quickest way is the 2 little arrows pointing to each other on the top left hand part of the screen, in between your name and the clubs name.

From there go to transfers, on the right you can select loan/transfer etc, you can then select the position and then ask the assistant manager for players that suit your needs, you normally get 3 players showing, sometimes you don't get any though.

My last three games

Luton vs Oxford result 2-2

Luton, shots 19, on target 10, possession 72%

Oxford, shots 7, on target 6, possession 28%

Luton vs Northampton 1-1

Luton, shots 16, on target 4, possession 60%

Northampton, shots 11, on target 3, possession 40%

Luton vs Dag & Redbridge 1-3

Luton, shots, 21, on target 8, possession 62%

Dag & Redbridge, shots 6, on target 4, possession 38%

Totals

Luton, shots 56, on target 18, possession average 64.66, goals scored 4

Opposition, shots 24, on target 13, possession average 35.33, goals scored 6

Also worth bearing in mind that its December and I’m top of the league, all of these games were played with the last update.

Now I guess my shooting coach is about the same as for the other 3 clubs, maybe their players are all on finishing training although I doubt it, and one of the goals scored against me was an own goal, curiously a bullet header, something I have yet to see in a season and a half of play when directed at an opposition goal, now obviously I’m still playing the beta as Amazon have yet to deliver my hard copy, but please somebody tell me that the latest game version is an improvement on this.

The first beta was pretty good. The full game must be the worst fm in years. I really finetuned my tactis. This shows in the game. High ratings, 65% possesion, 20 shots on goal every game and only 2 shots on goal against me. Yet,most of the time I lose 0-2. 20 shots - 0 goals, 2 shots - 2 goals, very realistic. This happens in 80% of the games. Sometimes it happens I score first, and I hate it, because after that the opposition suddenly starts playing barcelona style. What's up with the opposition keepers? Can they fly or something?

And on goes my rant. Why does it take up to 2 minutes of gameplay time before a throw-in or goal kick is taken?

SORTITOUTSI

Windowed mode plus 125% zoom is the best thing I've seen in FM for a long time. Perfect for my old eyes, plus I can now use my 180x140 player pictures. Whoever came up with this idea: Thank you! I'll buy you a pint next time I visit London. :thup:

The first beta was pretty good. The full game must be the worst fm in years. I really finetuned my tactis. This shows in the game. High ratings, 65% possesion, 20 shots on goal every game and only 2 shots on goal against me. Yet,most of the time I lose 0-2. 20 shots - 0 goals, 2 shots - 2 goals, very realistic. This happens in 80% of the games. Sometimes it happens I score first, and I hate it, because after that the opposition suddenly starts playing barcelona style. What's up with the opposition keepers? Can they fly or something?

And on goes my rant. Why does it take up to 2 minutes of gameplay time before a throw-in or goal kick is taken?

SORTITOUTSI

So in other words, your finetuned tactics, need further tuning.

SORTITOUTSI

This is the first time I've actually realized what SORTITOUTSI means. I always thought it just started as a Finnish CM/FM community. Damn i feel stupid

So in other words, your finetuned tactics, need further tuning.

Surely this post is here for people to give their feedback, however right or wrong it is.

It doesn't need people like you to offer comments that aren't constructive in the slightest.

(even though, ironically, my post is doing the same)

Also worth bearing in mind that its December and I’m top of the league, all of these games were played with the last update.

Come on you Hatters :)

Have you checked the analysis after the games? It's important to see whether the shots are from inside or outside the box. Also check the number of clear cut chances and half chances. It is possible that many of your shots are from too far away while at the same time the opponent creates better goal scoring opportunities.

Surely this post is here for people to give their feedback, however right or wrong it is.

It doesn't need people like you to offer comments that aren't constructive in the slightest.

(even though, ironically, my post is doing the same)

Nope, you're quite right, trouble is I can't really shout at him now because you already have :D

You have to go to the transfer centre now.

The quickest way is the 2 little arrows pointing to each other on the top left hand part of the screen, in between your name and the clubs name.

From there go to transfers, on the right you can select loan/transfer etc, you can then select the position and then ask the assistant manager for players that suit your needs, you normally get 3 players showing, sometimes you don't get any though.

Can you make a screenshot please? Nothing in my transfer centre. In loans only my loaned out players are showing.

A bit of feedback now: Pre-match, there's a screen with your scout's opposition report, including the predicted formation and team. First of all, it's poorly done. There's an animation switching view from shirts to player names. Why not just have player names below the shirts?

And what's the point of it anyway if the next screen is showing you the exact formation (but correct) which is fielded by the opposition manager.

Getting horrible FPS in match (though I'm only playing my first match and it's raining) - dropping to 20 fps constanly.

Question!

I am the only one having issues with the rating of players in matches? It seems that no matter what, my team and in every save, starts with an average rating of 5.90 and the opponent starts with a rating of 6.15. Just wanted to hear from others, because it makes the game quite unplayable.

The transfer thing is really starting to annoy me. Forrest offer me £600k for my striker valued at £1.5m who has just signed a new 3 year deal?

I'd rather they worked on full backs marking/ratings first. There's a reject button to sort the transfer offer mess out.

The full game is completely broken. There are different bugs all over, but especially the ME is off the charts :(. It`s also strange to see how different it is from the Beta. So it`s obvious SI have tried different tweaks. The sad thing is that they don`t seem thought through. I guess we have to wait for 1-3 more updates until it`s more or less sorted.

Some of the ME issues I have spotted:

- Ratings are dropped to rock bottom. Can easyily win a game and get some 6.2, 5.8 ratings. The overall rating gain compared to the Beta must be more then 2.0 total in difference?! Especially the whole defence and striker(s) are suffering the most.

- The number of chances in each match is through the roof. As a note, it goes for both sides. In general the opposition, regardless who it is, usually have between 15-30 shots. My team have between 20-40. But the funny thing is, regardless of the chances, there are few goals scored.

- The defence looks a bit like early versions from last year. Extremly passive, full of unrealistic misstakes, easy to pass etc.

- Besides this, there are several other bugs, or things that needs tweaking. Stuff the players do, or don`t. Weird decisions and situations. Keeper not delivering to defender as I have told him to. He kicks the ball far away, every opportunity he has.

Can you make a screenshot please? Nothing in my transfer centre. In loans only my loaned out players are showing.

A bit of feedback now: Pre-match, there's a screen with your scout's opposition report, including the predicted formation and team. First of all, it's poorly done. There's an animation switching view from shirts to player names. Why not just have player names below the shirts?

And what's the point of it anyway if the next screen is showing you the exact formation (but correct) which is fielded by the opposition manager.

Getting horrible FPS in match (though I'm only playing my first match and it's raining) - dropping to 20 fps constanly.

Here you go http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/487806724322973531/21BD84EEFA4C2D05621FE54B52028846BF7B5FC5/

Once you are in the transfer centre you have to click on "Transfer Targets" you can see it highlighted in blue on the top left hand side of the screen.

And yet there are others, like me, who are not seeing these silly high scoring games. Highest that I have had, is a 2-2.

I am seeing crosses being cut out. I am seeing fullbacks tackle too. They are defensively far from perfect, but it isn't completely broken.

Yup, that pretty much sums up my experiences so far. Only a few small tweaks needed in the ME this year IMO.

Of course, the reality is that so many people on here will severely exaggerate the criticism, that SI will update things that don't need updating causing a negative knock on effect. This is what happened with FM13 last year. One of the updates they did was terrible, when only small changes were needed. These feedback threads can be a curse as well as a blessing.

I'd rather they worked on full backs marking/ratings first. There's a reject button to sort the transfer offer mess out.

But the transfer market is a massive part of the game. If you can't sell players then whats the point in playing it?

Yup, that pretty much sums up my experiences so far. Only a few small tweaks needed in the ME this year IMO.

Of course, the reality is that so many people on here will severely exaggerate the criticism, that SI will update things that don't need updating causing a negative knock on effect. This is what happened with FM13 last year. One of the updates they did was terrible, when only small changes were needed. These feedback threads can be a curse as well as a blessing.

To be fair last year Paul C held his hands up and admitted they made a mistake with one of the updates.

FOR PEOPLE STILL FREEZING OPENING STEAM WORKSHOP :

Remove the graphic/face packs ( the custom one ) from 2014 folder and it open up then download the skin change it and put it back in.

You could've just, y'know, quoted my original post but attempting to take credit for my findings works better I guess..

Question!

I am the only one having issues with the rating of players in matches? It seems that no matter what, my team and in every save, starts with an average rating of 5.90 and the opponent starts with a rating of 6.15. Just wanted to hear from others, because it makes the game quite unplayable.

This is one of the ME`s main issues atm: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/144365-you-have-see-believe.html

To be fair last year Paul C held his hands up and admitted they made a mistake with one of the updates.

I know, but I'm convinced at least part of that was due to contradicting criticisms on here.

IMO, people should play at least half a season before offering any ME feedback. Shouting the odds about the game being 'broken' or 'unplayable' after a few matches helps no-one. I just started my first full game (ie, not FMC) last night after the release, and I'll give my own feedback on the ME when I've played a serious amount of games, but it's looking really good thus far.

Just when I was thanking God for how realistic injuries were in the BETA, it seems like our good old 'friend' Mr. Injury Bug seems to be back for the full version. :applause:

My news inbox is all about players coming down with what seems to be an epidemic of serious injuries and I am seriously considering asking the board to build a hospital nearby Nou Camp, if that is an option.

Is it just me? :confused:

Archived