Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes too many injuries and red cards...Im sure it will get sorted.

It has been proven over prolonged soak testing that injuries are actually less statistically frequent than in real life.

When you have a spate of injuries, it often feels like the world is against you, but in the context of league averages, injuries are not excessive.

It has been proven over prolonged soak testing that injuries are actually less statistically frequent than in real life.

When you have a spate of injuries, it often feels like the world is against you, but in the context of league averages, injuries are not excessive.

Maybe so, but everyone seems to twist their ankles in my save.

We already have quite a sizeable beta testing team that looks at the match engine prior to release. The problem is (as you've seen for yourself if you played the pre-release beta) that every little change can have massive consequences on the entire match engine. If the testing team raises the fact that there's too many shots on goal for example, a small tweak in the players shooting decisions may mean that player start not shooting in good goalscoring positions. It's very difficult, even with a large testing team, to be able to get the match engine exactly right when there are an insane amount of variables within the ME environment.

This another reason why you must come back with a FML-like MMO. Testing ME in a constant basis

I think Kriss suspects you are being sarcastic, the beta ended on Thursday, this is the full release version now.

He infracted me far too many times, for me too be sarcastic towards him. :D

Beta ended on Thurdsay 00:01 GMT, but it expires tomorrow.

i really like the improvements in fm14 this year but the one thing i am having problems with are strikers, i have lukaku and lewandowski upfront in my time yet no matter what role i get them to play i cannot get them to score, they consistently have poor ratings, and yes, i'm fully aware that it may be my tactics but i notice even cpu strikers dont score as often as other players, just wondered if anyone else noticed this?

• Administrators
not sure if bug or not, but inability to make screenshots in full mode really grinds my gears. Hope to see it fixed asap...

You can do a workaround of using Ctrl + PrtSc then paste the imagine into paint. We'll look into this, thanks.

Oh man, I have had to tell the wife to put all sharp items away from sight, I also think I will post this and back away from the PC less I smash it with a baseball bat.

Been doing well all season, granted the football has not been pretty at times but I persisted, got my Leipzig team into second place with some 6 games to go.

Not only did the wheels fall off but so did the bumpers and doors. :D

Dominating games sometimes 70 to 30 possession wise, a much higher shots on goal etc etc.

Managed to scrape 1 win, dropped out of the automatic promotion and now in the German playoff, I can't believe how bad it got, 1 game a team had only 4 shots at goal and scored 2, I had 16 at goal 12 on target and scored a big fat nil.

I am actually scared to play the playoff, honestly I am, I fear for my PC's lifespan if/when I get beat!

Well that's enough drama for me. going to try and chill with a beer. :)

Oh man, I have had to tell the wife to put all sharp items away from sight, I also think I will post this and back away from the PC less I smash it with a baseball bat.

Been doing well all season, granted the football has not been pretty at times but I persisted, got my Leipzig team into second place with some 6 games to go.

Dominating games sometimes 70 to 30 possession wise, a much higher shots on goal etc etc.

Managed to scrape 1 win, dropped out of the automatic promotion and now in the German playoff, I can't believe how bad it got, 1 game a team had only 4 shots at goal and scored 2, I had 16 at goal 12 on target and scored a big fat nil.

I am actually scared to play the playoff, honestly I am, I fear for my PC's lifespan if/when I get beat!

Oh playoffs!! Don't forget to put the suit on!!

; )

First season, I took Concord Rangers to 2nd in the Krill South. Finished a good 15 points ahead of third, but 6 points of first (102 points!!). Won the first leg of my play off 3-2 (conceded a last minute goal). 1-0 up at half-time in the home leg and in total control. Team collapsed second half and I lost 3-1, with the last goal having a somewhat bugged element (when the DCs let a ball go past them assuming the chasing midfielder is going to pick it up, letting a breaking attacker run free on goal).

Although it was frustrating, this is the first FM I can remember I haven't won immediate promotion from the bottom tier of the English leagues with a team predicted to finish bottom three. That extra challenge is what will keep me coming back.

First season, I took Concord Rangers to 2nd in the Krill South. Finished a good 15 points ahead of third, but 6 points of first (102 points!!). Won the first leg of my play off 3-2 (conceded a last minute goal). 1-0 up at half-time in the home leg and in total control. Team collapsed second half and I lost 3-1, with the last goal having a somewhat bugged element (when the DCs let a ball go past them assuming the chasing midfielder is going to pick it up, letting a breaking attacker run free on goal).

Although it was frustrating, this is the first FM I can remember I haven't won immediate promotion from the bottom tier of the English leagues with a team predicted to finish bottom three. That extra challenge is what will keep me coming back.

I agree I am enjoying the challenge, although I would have thought just by the rate of averages I should have gotten more points from my last 6 games, It has not been very pretty too watch.

Unfortunately the wife has also had enough of me...and this years release, I normally only bother her to tell her I won something and she gives the obligated smile and "that's good", now I am bothering her all the time to whine about how my team just got beat with the "can you believe that?"

I am sure I heard her say as she quickly made her exit to bed "either that game goes or I go!"

I will miss her dearly. :D

Pah, I've now managed to get sacked from one team and then get another relegated to a non-playable division within a single season. The first time I've been sacked in FM since, well, can't even remember. Enjoyed the season more than pretty much the whole time on FM13 though :D

Playing FM13 really was more about feeding my addiction than any actual enjoyment. This one, even with all the early version flaws (and I'm usually very low on tolerance with these) is just so much more fun.

football manager 2014 has alot good points to it but right now it also has alot bad points that I am sure they will fix, I have played football manager since 2002 and always bought it in december so normally all problems are sorted by then, I know that last year was worse and I am quite sure once all bugs have been sorted out which includes the ai and matchplay system it will be the best yet

There should be a Steam achievement for this!

:D

Sure :D The first sacking seemed harsh as I was within a couple of points from playoff places with Stockport County, but seeing as the new manager instantly propelled them to top of the league and straight promotion I guess I have to grudgingly accept that the board might have had a point...

I agree. I think the overall transfer system is pretty terrible and basically operates as an AI advantage.

I finished mid table in the skrill North which is far higher than expected since I was relegation favourites. Players from lower teams in my league arent interested in coming. Players from lower leagues arent interested in coming to my club even if they are free agents. I get no information as to why they arent interested in coming which makes it worse since there is no logical reason for it.

To top it all off after 1 year where we have overacheived and so everyone should be relatively happy (and in any event its not like the majority of them are good enough to go elsewhere), I got a message saying that 3/4 of my squads contracts are up for renewal. Thats fine, except that 1/2 of those arent interested in staying (again with no reason given, despite their morale and happiness being high) and the 1/2 that are want weekly wages ~3x what they were on last season.

I get that managing in the lower leagues is meant to be hard and involve high turnover, but this is ridiculous.

Disappointing to hear that this hasn't been fixed. Reminds me of my FM13 game where I worked my way up from the Swedish Second Division to the Swedish Premier Division. You'd think players from the First Division Elite would love to join my team. Or you'd think that those teams being relegated from the Premier Division would like to join mine (especially after finishing mid table and avoiding relegation numerous seasons). Nope. Rare that a decent talent wants to join my team.

2 issues, first, why can't I offer higher wages either from signing new players or offer new contract to my current players despite having plenty excess wage budget remaining? my top gooal scorer needs a new contract but i can only offer 700£ at current?

also, the unlockables etc dont work, i tried the increase bank balance, it says when you save it will update but nothing happens, same with magic sponge. the work permit doesnt work despite the apply to game icon allowing me to press it.

There's challenge and then there’s infuriating, secured promotion with Luton to Division 1 (second season) but since then I’ve gone on a run of 12 draws from my last 14 games, including a 5 – 5 draw with Oxford 16 places below me.

no offence herrington but alot people on here will beg to differ on that, perhaps there isn't difference to ai to human players but as its pointed out here many people are having same problem, so until it is solved I am sure they won't be last people

Whether they beg to differ is misses the point. The Match engine explicitly does not work that way, never has. They would still be wrong. It's not perhaps. There IS no difference between how it sees them.

too many shots on goal, AI ridiculously favoured when it comes to converting chances. this is the summary of the latest version in one sentence.

i would agree with you there, they seem to tuck everything away and my players smash at at the keeper from 2 yards, once these issue are balanced out will be awesome

no offence herrington but alot people on here will beg to differ on that, perhaps there isn't difference to ai to human players but as its pointed out here many people are having same problem, so until it is solved I am sure they won't be last people

That's fine Jimmy, but a lot of people are therefore wrong. The game does not differentiate. This is a fact.

Whilst the game isn't currently perfect, it is easier to over criticise than it is to self appraise.

too many shots on goal, AI ridiculously favoured when it comes to converting chances. this is the summary of the latest version in one sentence.

yes! just played with man utd tried to complete a challenge, was 2-0 up against wba and hit the post 3 times, and missing chance after chance, with wba nowhere to be seen, i was thinking it will be impossible to let the win slip, then they scored in 75 minute from their only chance, was really gutted, because rvp was missing 1v1 chances, and then in 93 they scored the 2nd , 2-2 , closed the game, i'm off

When the hell do Coventry come out of administation? Its end of September and we have already had a board takeover, but we are still stuck in administration and the damn board keep loaning my players out when I need them for the first team squad!

This year's version is completely unplayable.

1) 17-year-old talent costs EUR 40M +

2) playing a team with a better class of enemy I can not win, regardless of the tactics.

3) The reserve team led by assistant / manager, despite having the best players (best in the league CA) is last in the table losing everything you can.

4) my deffenders running with no sense letting attackers of the opposing team on pure shooting positions.

5) I can enter 5 of my players in the field of my opponent and not leave it for a minute unsuccessfully bombarding goal. All shots are blocked by defenders or keeper, or are knocked out in the corners. This situation is very common. In one match can be 20-25 corners.

I'm tired of being a tester to January / February of the following year after the release of the game. I am very disappointed.

Archived