Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

This free agent issue is really starting to do my head in now.

I got promoted to League 1 in Scotland in my first season, and most of my best players left in the summer. Annoying, but it happens. So I'm now having to rebuild the squad, but what chance do you have when this happens?

I offer a midfielder £200 a week (will be one of my top earners), with a squad status of 'key player'. He accepted the offer, and then a day or so later it popped up another couple of clubs were also in for him. He eventually decided to sign for League 2 club East Stirlingshire on a whopping £75 a week. So he's accepted less than half of what I offered for a league below at a club 10 miles along the road.

NEVER HAPPENING. :herman:

Except it does. All the freaking time. It is the one part of the game that really annoys me, and makes it doubly difficult to try and build a decent squad, particularly after promotion where I'm gonnae be favourites for the drop anyway.

Sort that out, and we have a great game.

Second this. Reputation is not dynamic enough perhaps, or there is something broken about 'part-time' contracts?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Second this. Reputation is not dynamic enough perhaps, or there is something broken about 'part-time' contracts?

It happens for any player, I had sent a few bug report in beta like that, one was about a player that got a 11k gbp p/w offer from me but instead decided to join lower rep club for 5k. He had no preference for either club in his personal info.

I think its about time SI start beta testing each match engine release via a larger audience. Maybe in the form of match engine only update, separating it from the main game. The in house testing is clearly not cutting it for all the variances that the mass audience goes through.

• Administrators
I think its about time SI start beta testing each match engine release via a larger audience. Maybe in the form of match engine only update, separating it from the main game. The in house testing is clearly not cutting it for all the variances that the mass audience goes through.

We already have quite a sizeable beta testing team that looks at the match engine prior to release. The problem is (as you've seen for yourself if you played the pre-release beta) that every little change can have massive consequences on the entire match engine. If the testing team raises the fact that there's too many shots on goal for example, a small tweak in the players shooting decisions may mean that player start not shooting in good goalscoring positions. It's very difficult, even with a large testing team, to be able to get the match engine exactly right when there are an insane amount of variables within the ME environment.

• Administrators

I got promoted to League 1 in Scotland in my first season, and most of my best players left in the summer. Annoying, but it happens. So I'm now having to rebuild the squad, but what chance do you have when this happens?

I offer a midfielder £200 a week (will be one of my top earners), with a squad status of 'key player'. He accepted the offer, and then a day or so later it popped up another couple of clubs were also in for him. He eventually decided to sign for League 2 club East Stirlingshire on a whopping £75 a week. So he's accepted less than half of what I offered for a league below at a club 10 miles along the road.

Except it does. All the freaking time. It is the one part of the game that really annoys me, and makes it doubly difficult to try and build a decent squad, particularly after promotion where I'm gonnae be favourites for the drop anyway.

Please raise the issue on our bugs forum, ideally with a save game example so we can reproduce this internally and fix it. I'm afraid it's very difficult to fix things we're not seeing ourselves. Transfer bugs forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/367-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Many thanks.

Not sure what you're talking about mate - I've had no problems with signing free agents, so what does that tell you? :)

Please raise the issue on our bugs forum, ideally with a save game example so we can reproduce this internally and fix it. I'm afraid it's very difficult to fix things we're not seeing ourselves. Transfer bugs forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/367-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Many thanks.

Have you managed to reproduce the ones I had reported in beta about the same issue, I havent seen any confirmation from staff in the thread before the beta forum was closed.

We already have quite a sizeable beta testing team that looks at the match engine prior to release. The problem is (as you've seen for yourself if you played the pre-release beta) that every little change can have massive consequences on the entire match engine. If the testing team raises the fact that there's too many shots on goal for example, a small tweak in the players shooting decisions may mean that player start not shooting in good goalscoring positions. It's very difficult, even with a large testing team, to be able to get the match engine exactly right when there are an insane amount of variables within the ME environment.

Maybe exploring something like a constant work in progress with the ME via steam updates, i.e. anybody who wants to test the ME can if they sign up. Thus providing a wider sample base and a thoroughly tested ME for anybody who doesn't sign up. As you've said yourself with the pre-release beta, you had a wider sample size and saw problems occur. Surely this is the best way of going forward and providing better updates for the ME.

Has there been an update recently that's caused something to go crazy with prices? They all seem to have gone up by about 50% since my last game.

2v0yg42.png

try to change your currency to something else like $ , apply then change back to gbp.

I think that one bug that i discover is the "short option corner". When the corner taker passes short, noone marking him and the player run with the ball unmarking and shots. Many many goals can be scored with this way.

Correct, that one is already on the bug list :thup:

Many thanks.

I'm staggered you've never seen this considering it's happened on every FM from as far back as I can remember. The fact there's so many players in the game means you can always just go sign someone else, but it's very annoying. Next time I go for a player where I know there's other teams interested, I'll try and get a before/after save and post it in the bugs forum. Although given this has been happening for years, I don't see it being fixed anytime soon.

He's an Arsenal fan who not only is a season ticket holder, he regularly watches the reserve and youth sides. You clearly know you should take it up as a data issue etc. So the next time I see you question his competence in this manner you will recieve a ban. The feedback on this thread has really been excellent, especially on picking up issues, probably the best ive ever seen it, but I'm really getting sick of people having personal digs SI staff, moderators, researchers etc. We've tried to not go down the banning route, giving people plenty of warnings, but seems a certain few are ignoring this, so I'm going to quote Neil Brock:

We really really appreciate all the people taking time to keep posting, even when stuff is clearly frustrating them. But for those few spoiling it, consider yourselves on notice.

So having a differing view = questioning competence = a ban? I watch football, so if anybody on here ever disagrees with me, will you ban them please?

I think that one bug that i discover is the "short option corner". When the corner taker passes short, noone marking him and the player run with the ball unmarking and shots. Many many goals can be scored with this way.

this game is already hard enough why remove bugs which could go on our favor pfff

never seen so many negative posts.. i mean i wish there was a competitor to fm so that at least they would put more effort into this game.... just really poor

So do I. Then you'd realise how good a game this actually is. Remember after the 'split' there was another Championship Manager series for a while? Just let that sink in for a second.

I don't want to keep going on about it negatively on the forums but the lack of friction/ice effect...is that something you guys acknowledge/are working on fixing/and not being smart but are able to fix ? I just find it very frustrating to watch and think with that issue sorted it would an amazing experience to watch the match with the enhanced graphics and ever progressing state of the ME

Kriss...I saw you alluding to this being sorted in the beta..would really appreciate some feedback of any sort

So do I. Then you'd realise how good a game this actually is. Remember after the 'split' there was another Championship Manager series for a while? Just let that sink in for a second.

'just let that sink in for a second'... lol ok sorry did i hurt your feelings? just look back at the 1825 posts tell me how many are negative and how many are positive...

fm is awesome but its not a 'game' anymore.. anyone coming in as a beginner has no chance

'just let that sink in for a second'... lol ok sorry did i hurt your feelings? just look back at the 1825 posts tell me how many are negative and how many are positive...

fm is awesome but its not a 'game' anymore.. anyone coming in as a beginner has no chance

Not sure what you mean here. Do you want them to simplify fm to make it more beginner friendly? isnt fmc already there for that purpose?

Which is one of the reasons they introduced FM Classic.

This game is a simulation after all. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. There's plenty of simple online football manager games if you don't want to have to think about what you're doing.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you want them to simplify fm to make it more beginner friendly? isnt fmc already there for that purpose?

correct me if i am wrong but its just less features.. difficulty is the same (same ME)

correct me if i am wrong but its just less features.. difficulty is the same (same ME)

Ah you were talking about difficulty, I think a dev mentioned it was using the same match engine so on that point you are right, maybe adding an option in fmc to make opposite team less challenging would help new players?

Not quite. For example, there's no team talks to affect morale, and changing tactics game to game has less effect on team cohesion, so it's a good bit more basic. You still need to work at it to be successful, but it's not as challenging as the full fat game.

Not quite. For example, there's no team talks to affect morale, and changing tactics game to game has less effect on team cohesion, so it's a good bit more basic. You still need to work at it to be successful, but it's not as challenging as the full fat game.

Training etc is taken out of your hands as I think so there is quite a bit less you need to get to grips with. My 11 year old son loves it, the full fat version is too much for him.

Back on topic: Still feeling the love for this year's version. :D

Twice in a couple of months I've seen a keeper rush to catch the ball which is bouncing with high speed (going out for a goal kick) only to catch it and have momentum carry them over the line which results in the keeper getting a red card for handling outside of the area.

AI Transfers.. I know Chelsea sign a lot of players they don't need IRL but currently their choice of Goalkeepers in the second season are: Cech, Courtios, Zeigler, Muselra. That's pretty much 4 world class goalkeepers. Are they just bonkers on the game as well?

never seen so many negative posts.. i mean i wish there was a competitor to fm so that at least they would put more effort into this game.... just really poor

You should take a look at last years' feedback threads, then you'd see far more negativity.

To imply that SI don't work hard at the game is an insult, try and show more respect instead of firing off the cuff remarks about.

The bonuses the players want are crazy. Look at this:

Contrakt now

CueVs8Y.png

His demands. The bonues are crazy.

itsv0Qi.png

You're offering him a reduced squad status. I'm guessing he wants more money if he's going to accept being on the bench for a few games, otherwise it won't be worth it for him.

Guest El Payaso
AI Transfers.. I know Chelsea sign a lot of players they don't need IRL but currently their choice of Goalkeepers in the second season are: Cech, Courtios, Zeigler, Muselra. That's pretty much 4 world class goalkeepers. Are they just bonkers on the game as well?
Cech = EPL, Courtois = CC, Zeigler = UCL and Muslera = FA-Cup. Real Madrid logic there.

You're offering him a reduced squad status. I'm guessing he wants more money if he's going to accept being on the bench for a few games, otherwise it won't be worth it for him.

They usually want more money and bonus if you offer them better squad status.

You should take a look at last years' feedback threads, then you'd see far more negativity.

To imply that SI don't work hard at the game is an insult, try and show more respect instead of firing off the cuff remarks about.

If SI's worked hard up till now we don't see at least 3-4 times hit woodwork at every match or same corner goals for years.

Archived