Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question that have nothing to do with your comment but is there actually a tab in the game showing all that info like average ccc, average possession longshot,woodwork etc... made during all league games?

I seem to only find some of that in the last match report tab info for individual match only.

Stats, match Stats and then customize down the bottom right corner, lots of stuff on analysis, performance as well, but not averages across a number of games, one for the future maybe.

Stats, match Stats and then customize down the bottom right corner, lots of stuff on analysis, performance as well, but not averages across a number of games, one for the future maybe.

Thanks but i must be really blind I still cannot find that tab. Under what main tab is it?

here is the only stats tab that I found under the report main tab.

pAw43UJ.jpg

Oh I see thank you.

That seems to be for for individual match, I was hoping there would be something showing the average of those stats for all of the games combined that we had played before.

This doesn't exist as far as I know, but you can see a lot of average stats for individuals on your squad screen by adding those columns in. It's how I keep track of pass attempts/completion, for instance.

Can anyone guide me through how I set up individual player instructions? Am I right in thinking you can save them to an individual rather than a position?

select the squad then go to tactics tab then player tab. Select a position for the player you want to set then at the lower left of the screen there is a button add player. choose the player you want those instructions for then set them. Each time that player is going to be placed in that position he should start with those instructions

select the squad then go to tactics tab then player tab. Select a position for the player you want to set then at the lower left of the screen there is a button add player. choose the player you want those instructions for then set them. Each time that player is going to be placed in that position he should start with those instructions

cheers, not straighforward but if it works saves much messing around.

You really need to work on the transfer AI. I offer a player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham both make bids for him. The player agrees to a contract with Blackpool, but the transfer gets cancelled because they do not have enough funds. So I yet again offer the player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham yet again makes bids for him. I ofcourse reject Blackpool, so the player agrees a contract with Birmingham. However, the transfer gets cancelled because Birmingham do not have enough funds. So I yet again offer the player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham yet again makes bids for him... Repeat in absurdum.

I don't like moaning about the game but I am having the same troubles as most people...a crazy amount of shots on goal and shots on target from both teams (stats that even barcelona couldnt produce against yeovil town!). I am also having issues with players running alongside the player with the ball without making a single attempt to get the ball despite being instructed to. And what is with shots as powerful as a hulk smash and the superman speed reflexes of the keeper to save it on many occasions during a single match???

After finally getting a good few hours on this after loads of crashes, I have to say I love it. Yes there are many bugs but if they are sorted I think it will be amazing. The actual ME is very good to watch and all types of goals are scored. I play 352 so I avoid the full back issues, i'll reconsider the formation when this is fixed.

So far so good.

You really need to work on the transfer AI. I offer a player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham both make bids for him. The player agrees to a contract with Blackpool, but the transfer gets cancelled because they do not have enough funds. So I yet again offer the player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham yet again makes bids for him. I ofcourse reject Blackpool, so the player agrees a contract with Birmingham. However, the transfer gets cancelled because Birmingham do not have enough funds. So I yet again offer the player for £500k, and Blackpool and Birmingham yet again makes bids for him... Repeat in absurdum.

Agree had the same with Cardiff making bid after bid for same player only for it to be cancelled because of funds

Haven't played FM since 2010 version which was good if not as good as the game used to be in the Cham Man series before it got way too complicated.

Anyway the key aspect for me is realism. I've played 5 pre-season games in my Newcastle game and the scores have been 4-4, 2-0, 2-3, 4-5 & 7-2. That is insane. There are a stupid number of shots in every match and the scores are totally unrealistic. I'm even using fairly defensive tactics but have tried adjusting to those to no avail. I'm afraid I've just wasted £30 as there is no way I'm investing hours of my time in a game which looks like being so unrealistic.

What's happened? This game used to be awesome. It's got worse over the years not better.

I doubt if this is the right place for this comment, but not sure where it should go. I got the full version game on Thursday 31st October and after waiting for nearly 8 hours for the game to install (thanks to the continuing marvellous decision of SI to run the game through Steam (!!!!!). Having been away for the weekend, I was really looking forward to getting into the game properly tonight. However, when I click the lovely FM14 icon to play the game, I get a Steam message saying an update is automatically downloading - only its not downloading as I keep getting a time out / error message so I have not been able to play the game after more than an hour of trying (more frustration).

Can (a) somebody please tell me how to resolve this issue so I can play the game again and (b) can someone explain all this nonsense because to be honest it is beyond someone like me who just wants to be able to install the game from the disc and then play the damn thing!!!!

I've played Football Manager (and all its previous incarnations) for 20 years now, but I am rapidly running out of patience with all this - I just want to play the game, why does SI seem to have such a hard time delivering that these days?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

If the wage is also required. For the second year in a row is the same situation. Why release a game where you later need to wait for months to be able to play.

I can pay for the game twice as many, but let's respect people and give into their hands efficient product.

Are any of those replies to my post? I hope I am not being advised to re-install the game each time there is an update like this, as it took me literally all night (and I mean all night) to install the game on Thursday and I am not going through that each time there is an update (even a small one like this 14.1.3 is meant to be).

Currently, Steam has taken over an hour to get two thirds of the way through updating my game (which I have had for a grand total of 4 days and played 1 match so far!)

Are any of those replies to my post? I hope I am not being advised to re-install the game each time there is an update like this, as it took me literally all night (and I mean all night) to install the game on Thursday and I am not going through that each time there is an update (even a small one like this 14.1.3 is meant to be).

Currently, Steam has taken over an hour to get two thirds of the way through updating my game (which I have had for a grand total of 4 days and played 1 match so far!)

It should just update through steam automatically, but saying that I haven't had any of the issues you have. Might be worth raising it in the bug forums as someone from SI might be able to help.

It is updating through Steam automatically, that's the problem - more than an hour so far (after timing out a couple of times) and I am still waiting......

Absolutely crazy!

Football Manager used to be just the right side of the line between enjoyable and realistic and too realistic/complicated/time consuming, but FM 13 seemed to cross that line and now FM14 isn't even allowing me to play it to find out if it is any good or not - words can not describe the frustration of all this (I know a lot of people will disagree with my comments on FM13 but that's just the way it seems to me)

I'm sure this comment will get some criticism, but it just seems to me that you have to be more and more of a computer genius just to play a football based computer game these days - it really shouldn't be the case. (you used to be able to install downloads from the SI homepage too, but that seems beyond them now too!).

I know you are saying you reinstalled and have had no problems now, but what about when the next update comes along, will we all have to reinstall the game again then? and again and again (you get my point by now I'm sure).

FM was always a good way or relaxing at the end of a busy day at work, but now it is starting to feel like an extension of work!

Well won my playoff when I finally got up the courage to play it, have spent tonight rebuilding my squad for the German 2nd Division, I think I have signed well and I am looking forward to the season, no pressure just a mid table finish.

I think I will wait for the next update though, even in the pre-season the game just feels to random.

Good news is The Walking Dead season 4 starts tonight :)

Thanks for the help but after 10 hours at work and then this nonsense, I am going to bed!!

Download time 1 hour 27 minutes

Progress to date (not sure of starting point) - 74%

Hey, ianclark. Just wondering what your internet connection speed is. An update taking that long (or longer than a couple minutes for that matter) is very extreme. I'm wondering if it may be a connection issue?

My girlfriend has just told me I should have waited until Christmas to get the game as all the bugs may have been solved by then - for the first time I am thinking she may be right and I should have waited a couple of months!!!

You can never tell, the first beta SI released was pretty good fun, the only problem I had was too many goals, of course they changed this and it had knock on effects, the next update could (we hope) fix the other problems that have cropped up, this game still has the potential to be the best ever, lets see what the next update brings.

You can never tell, the first beta SI released was pretty good fun, the only problem I had was too many goals, of course they changed this and it had knock on effects, the next update could (we hope) fix the other problems that have cropped up, this game still has the potential to be the best ever, lets see what the next update brings.

Yeah, the first BETA was the best version of this game yet. Only issues I had was too many goals and terrible finishing.

In my second season and come the end of September I notice all of the players who got promoted into the under 19 squad haven't played any games since the pre season friendlies. I haven't touched their statuses or moved them between my squads of anything and my u19s have been playing games.

If I then go through each player and select to make available for the u19s then they seem to start playing. Isn't just being in the u19 squad enough any more?

I thought about the internet connection too, but I haven't encountered any other problems, so discounted that (even worked from home all day with no issues and need to be connected to do that!)

On steam try changing your setting to a neighboring country. Maybe the steam server in your country is having a bit of problem if your connection is fast usually but your download is slow on steam.

You can do that by going into settings>download>download region

I was having a similar problem, the server in my country was super slow then I switched to a german server and it went 10x faster.

Archived