FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

The amount of Goals really is absurd. This really has to be sorted out. To be honest i really cant understand this even in a beta, but i have trust in SI. They will change that soon.

How, where and why? Would be good for them to see specific examples too. Are the goals coming from a specific approach for example?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the way the training screen now has a breakdown of how many players are match fit, injured, etc, but it would be nice to click on the number to have a quick list of players in each criteria, or even have a little pop up when you hover over the number. I know you can find out easily enough in other screens, but it would be good for it to be self contained. That's just a minor thing though, hardly a gamebreaker.

I'm not sure if it's related to Windows 8.1 or the latest patch, but my game is all pink now.

After much hassle I found re-installing the video drivers did the trick. Even though I had the latest ones Windows 8.1 had somehow sabotaged them. Hope that helps.

How, where and why? Would be good for them to see specific examples too. Are the goals coming from a specific approach for example?

I think most of them are coming from the two issues raised in the thread below. What I have seen is there just way too much standing off going on and midfielders and wingers are just waltzing into the box and having a go; and then the GK can't be bothered to attempt the save.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364136-Reviewed-Poor-defending-and-goalkeeping

The U21 player aspect of the Premier League registration rules is incorrect. The cut-off date should be aged 21 or under on the 1st of January 2014, but the in-game rule is a mush harsher 20 or younger on the 1st of September 2013.

The U21 player aspect of the Premier League registration rules is incorrect. The cut-off date should be aged 21 or under on the 1st of January 2014, but the in-game rule is a mush harsher 20 or younger on the 1st of September 2013.

Please post in the data error section of the forums.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

On the FM14 videos Miles states that your assistant offers pre match advice.

You cannot link to the analysis screen to see this pre-match advice where the assistant gives it. Only after you have started the match when you go to analysis assistants feedback can you view it. This does not work as you cannot implement any pre-match advice the assistant gives you as the match has begun.

For example if your assistant states a player is really motivated prior to the game you cannot demand a performance in the pre match team talk as your unaware he is really motivated until you start the match and the opportunity is gone.

Please add a link to see this screen prior to giving team talks, you used to be able to view assistants advice prior to teamtalks prior to FM13 - I reported it as a bug in FM13 as I couldn't understand why the screen was moved.

That's a bit like coke did change the taste, I don't like it that they did change it and have no intention to try the new taste and will never drink it again. You should at least playing the demo.

That's a poor analogy. I can see what I don't like in FM14 without playing, I don't have to "taste" it as if it's a drink.

Enjoyed the Beta so far (played until September 1st). Enjoying the new tactics and have managed to create a tactic that suits Arsenal and it's lovely to watch :).

ME looks OK so far, tackles still look a little off and sometimes when a player challenges for the ball, you don't see a visual representation of him winning the ball, however the ball kinda ends up at his feet. Game feels cleaner, however it would be great if the calendar that appears when pressing continue could come down smoothly, at the moment it's a little laggy.

A few very minor issues I've spotted :-

- If your widgets are your teams ratings/formation, when playing away, it'll show the other teams ratings/formation (I'm sure this has been mentioned)

- When in transfer negotiations I can't see my current available budget? I can see how much the full transfer will cost me, but not how much I'm actually allowed to spend - this was quite handy in FM13 :)

- When looking at the league overview, the Clean Sheets stat seems to be wrong, it has Lloris as number 1, with 1 clean sheet, yet I've played two games and have 2 clean sheets with the same keeper - I'm wondering if this is because the stats update after a full weekend (i.e Sat/Sun/Mon) rather than on a game by game basis?

I'm sure that I'll spot more, but overall the game is a huge improvement on FM13 (which I loved!).

Looking forward to see how the game runs after a release day patch.

That's a poor analogy. I can see what I don't like in FM14 without playing, I don't have to "taste" it as if it's a drink.

No. You can only "see" the idea you don't like, not how it is to play the game.

Thanks for your precious and smart feedback, it was really needed.

I find pretty hard to have some constructive argument here without being mocked on how I play the game or what I think of the new tactic system. Same way, I still haven't read any particular post describing how this new system works and for which reasons is far way better than the previous one. Ah sorry, 1 reason found: is more realistic.

Ok you convinced me! Well done!

If you improve your attitude you may find replies more to your liking. Your earlier post was objecting that others now find success in what you suggest is a manner less deserved than your own slider manipulation antics hence my reply.

If you are now prepared to consider reasonable arguement I believe that sliders are now considered by SI to be ME manipulation devices and consequently good riddance! 12 months ago I found that view unpalatable too, and I have used the TC for years but I felt all players should be able to play in their own way - but I am now convinced that the new way is the right and only way, though it may need some development to be perfect. The point is I suspect that SI can make much better ME's much quicker and much easier if they are working with the manageable though still vastly numerous shout / instruction combinations. To work with sliders would be to make the game less stable / readily accessible to everyone.

The game looks great.

But really I'd love a fix where each tactic you create keeps its own player instructions. Because now if you play one striker in all 3 tactics and you want him to have 3 different sets of instructions is not possible. You change one thing in 4411, it changes in 4231 and in 451.

Can you please try and fix it SI?

The game looks great.

But really I'd love a fix where each tactic you create keeps its own player instructions. Because now if you play one striker in all 3 tactics and you want him to have 3 different sets of instructions is not possible. You change one thing in 4411, it changes in 4231 and in 451.

Can you please try and fix it SI?

This is already easy to accomplish through Individual Instructions per tactic. Nothing to fix.

In FM13 99% of the time only staff with salary demands you could afford would reply to job advertisments.

In FM14 people reply to job advertisments demanding 4x the salary you can offer. I have managed to swing a few people using the new contract options for staff (long contracts with wage rises), but still, is this change to the salary demand/job advertisment system a feature or is it accidental?

Ok, first run through. Like quite a bit of what you've done, however...

1. I still can't log in to Twitter, was never able to do so in FM 13 and this seems to have followed me. (probably a bug or something on my end I have no idea)

2. Picking you're favorite team, it used to be that you could pick a team that was not in a playable league as your favorite team with the hopes that they would get promoted to a playable league for future coaching.

3. Are lower leagues not running because I'm looking through some series D teams and they simply have a line where their league should be.

Positives:

1. Far too many to list but the implementing advice with a button, press conferences, team talks, board talks, contracts, etc...

Edit:

Ok I have to rescind part of number 2 as I started a new game and the other leagues are now showing up, still not sure if they're running though...

Players out on loan or in on loan I am sure I seen an option to "propose to extend loan" can't for the life of me find it now. Any ideas?

I think you still have to be in the transfer window to be able to propose it.

Same thing....I see what I don't like, therefore I'm not going to play. Seeing and tasting are two different senses.

That's fine, so please stop cluttering up the feedback thread, if you want to make points about features you haven't experienced start a thread for it.

kikj.jpg

Not sure if this is a problem at my end or if this is a FM related issue?

It happens during all press confrences, meetings and negotiations as you can see the text box is blacked out and unreadable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Great game also...

It happens during all press confrences, meetings and negotiations as you can see the text box is blacked out and unreadable.

Great game also...

Could you post in the GUI section of the bugs forum please.

I think you still have to be in the transfer window to be able to propose it.

In fact giving it a bit more thought I think you can only propose an extension if it's not a whole season loan currently, to get him back for next season needs a new loan proposal which can only be made once the window opens.

• Administrators

Great game also...

Can you raise this here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/350-User-Interface

Thanks.

Just a quick question guys, there was an option in FM13 where you could ask your staff to recommend you players you could loan for a particular position. It was located above you squad if I recall correctly. Is that option now gone for FM14?

I tried with both Arsenal and Millwall to see if that option will appear and I had no luck. So is it gone or moved somewhere?

Yi6J5NL.png fH19j5j.png

• SI Staff
Just a quick question guys, there was an option in FM13 where you could ask your staff to recommend you players you could loan for a particular position. It was located above you squad if I recall correctly. Is that option now gone for FM14?

I tried with both Arsenal and Millwall to see if that option will appear and I had no luck. So is it gone or moved somewhere?

Yi6J5NL.png fH19j5j.png

You can now ask your director of football to give you specific examples. You can find this on your transfer targets screen.

Judging by the childish tone of your response, I imagine I have been playing the FM (and previously CM) series since before you were born. It's not easy to givde up on something you've invested so much time and money on.

The feedback thread is for feedback; my feedback is that I found the sliders far more quantifiable than a vague instruction. The example I've used previously is defensive line - totally to the left would be camped on the 6 yard line, each click would be around 5 yards further up. Quantifiable, logical and far better than a vague "push up" or "defend deep".

You've inadvertently summed up the problem of sliders. You think that the d-line would be 6 yards out on 1, then 11, then 16, then 21 etc, until it is camped in the opposition's penalty area! Obviously, this is not how it works or can work. If this is your interpretation, you have never understood the sliders in the first place. Consequently, how can you claim to be making quantifiable or logical decisions? You've completely undermined your conclusion by failing to understand the methodology.

I don't know if anyone else has written this, but why is lewandowski set to sign for bayern, its all rumours still, no confirmation from either club and the player himself has said there is no contract in place with bayern, think this should be removed.

I'm not sure if this problem has been listed but I have a real problem with sorting and viewing lists in FM14.

When on the player search screen looking to buy a player if I scroll down a page, look at a player, then go back to the search screen, the screen has jumped back to the top. It won't remember that I have scrolled down and want to be in that position. It's obviously even more frustrating if I've scrolled down a few pages.

The same thing happens when looking at squads. Sometimes I go into a team and it lists the players in alphabetical order. I sort the list so that it is now in position order. I click on a player and go back to the squad list and again, it's in alphabetical order. It doesn't seem to remember the way that I want to view lists.

It's something that doesn't in itself make the game unplayable but is just irritating. There were so many similar things in FM13 that it frustrated me more than I enjoyed the game so gave up playing it - the first time I've ever stopped playing FM/CM and I've played it since 1993.

I just hope it's fixed for the full game because it's only been out a day and I'm frustrated at the beta version.

I'm not sure if this problem has been listed but I have a real problem with sorting and viewing lists in FM14.

When on the player search screen looking to buy a player if I scroll down a page, look at a player, then go back to the search screen, the screen has jumped back to the top. It won't remember that I have scrolled down and want to be in that position. It's obviously even more frustrating if I've scrolled down a few pages.

The same thing happens when looking at squads. Sometimes I go into a team and it lists the players in alphabetical order. I sort the list so that it is now in position order. I click on a player and go back to the squad list and again, it's in alphabetical order. It doesn't seem to remember the way that I want to view lists.

It's something that doesn't in itself make the game unplayable but is just irritating. There were so many similar things in FM13 that it frustrated me more than I enjoyed the game so gave up playing it - the first time I've ever stopped playing FM/CM and I've played it since 1993.

I just hope it's fixed for the full game because it's only been out a day and I'm frustrated at the beta version.

Yes this is already listed, ta.

I posted this in bugs but was told it was a feature. I am not a fan of the new smart search system:

I searched for Duke as I couldn't remember Mitchell Duke's first name. I just knew his last name was Duke. I got 180 search results to search through in which there were two players with the name Duke and one Dukes. Most of the rest were Luke's plus many other partial matches.

I understand the need for partial word matches but I would like to suggest a tick-box to allow exact word searches, or go the other way and have a tick-box for partial word matches.

I havent got the demo and cant play it due to time constraints, but can anyone tell me how good this is compared to fm13 and the major differences?

I didnt enjoy fm13 at all and really want to get back into FM.

Seeing you didn't enjoy FM13 you're better off trying the demo yourself than asking how other people feel about FM14 as they probably felt differently about FM13 than you...

I posted this in bugs but was told it was a feature. I am not a fan of the new smart search system:

I searched for Duke as I couldn't remember Mitchell Duke's first name. I just knew his last name was Duke. I got 180 search results to search through in which there were two players with the name Duke and one Dukes. Most of the rest were Luke's plus many other partial matches.

I understand the need for partial word matches but I would like to suggest a tick-box to allow exact word searches, or go the other way and have a tick-box for partial word matches.

Yes, it can be annoyingly hit or miss, though once the editor is out I'd use that if it was a problem.

Does a PC download code work ok for download on steam but the mac version instead? Was planning on buying from Greenmangaming...

Once you've bought FM you can download PC, Mac or Linux versions via Steam.

Archived