FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Something else I've noticed is a slight flaw in the little pop up when one of your players score. I had a player on 3 goals for the season, and when he scored it said it was his '5th goal of the season'. Later in the game, he scored again, and again it came up '5th goal of the season'. So I'm wondering, as the game is already played in advance, and you're essentially watching a re-run, it clearly knows the player is going to score again later in the game.

I'm posting this now as I'm about 2/3 of the way through the next game, and the same player score earlier in the game, where it came up with '7th goal of the season' when it's only actually his sixth. Going to play through the rest of the game, without making changes, and we'll see if he scores again...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something else I've noticed is a slight flaw in the little pop up when one of your players score. I had a player on 3 goals for the season, and when he scored it said it was his '5th goal of the season'. Later in the game, he scored again, and again it came up '5th goal of the season'. So I'm wondering, as the game is already played in advance, and you're essentially watching a re-run, it clearly knows the player is going to score again later in the game.

I'm posting this now as I'm about 2/3 of the way through the next game, and the same player score earlier in the game, where it came up with '7th goal of the season' when it's only actually his sixth. Going to play through the rest of the game, without making changes, and we'll see if he scores again...

Save the PKM Dave, they might want it.

Can somebody tell me where is that option where you can ask your staff to give you a list of players available for loan on the specific position?

On FM13 was above the Squad, next to Get Advice From Staff and I just wanna know where is it on FM14.

This has just happened to (or rather against) me. Player scored his "6th goal", then scores a 2nd goal and it was again his "6th goal". Having just read this post I even tried to mark him tighter to try to rewrite history. This is VERY worrying because it rather suggests that your actions in a game have no effect.....

Can somebody tell me where is that option where you can ask your staff to give you a list of players available for loan on the specific position?

On FM13 was above the Squad, next to Get Advice From Staff and I just wanna know where is it on FM14.

Transfer center, transfer targets, first line on the right side.

And he did!!

Now, in the same game, the same thing was happening with an opposition striker. After my striker had scored his second, I realised this other player was bound to score later in the game, so I immediately told one of my centre halves to mark him tighter. As it turned out, he scored anyway right at the end.

This perhaps needs to be addressed. It's maybe not a bug per se, but it can help/hinder players if they know a player is definitely going to score again later in a match.

Having just read this post I even tried to mark him tighter to try to rewrite history. This is VERY worrying because it rather suggests that your actions in a game have no effect.....

Yip, as per my post above, the exact same thing happened with me!

• Administrators
And he did!!

Now, in the same game, the same thing was happening with an opposition striker. After my striker had scored his second, I realised this other player was bound to score later in the game, so I immediately told one of my centre halves to mark him tighter. As it turned out, he scored anyway right at the end.

This perhaps needs to be addressed. It's maybe not a bug per se, but it can help/hinder players if they know a player is definitely going to score again later in a match.

Yeah known issue which should be fixed on release. Surprised it's taken this long to be noticed, annoys me that one :)

Not a bug exactly but slightly unrealistic - I've just been on a long unbeaten run and then had that run abruptly halted by a 5-1 defeat to the team bottom of the league with only one win all season. The problem I have with this is more to do with the number of goals scored - it feels to me at the moment that the ME decides who will win and then exaggerates the result. I have only had 2 draws all season (18 games gone), one of which was 4-4 and the other 2-2, and of the other games, 10 saw the winning team score at least 4 goals.

Pointing out that Germans often struggle to detect sarcasm in English is not racism you enormous pillock :)

Page 8 by the way. It didn't quote the existing quote, which is a rubbish forum feature if ever there was one

True, t'would be xenophobia at worst, let's leave it there eh?

• Administrators
Does a PC download code work ok for download on steam but the mac version instead? Was planning on buying from Greenmangaming...

As far as I'm aware there's no difference in the codes. Steam works across all formats the same, you can play a PC version, then sign into your same Steam account on a Mac and play there. Thanks.

No it doesn't. Does a manager telling his players to mark RVP mean RVP won't score anymore?

I too had the 2 times Xth goal per season bug

It doesn't mean he WON'T score, but it should make it less likely. If, at the time he scores his first goal, the ME already "knows" he will score his 2nd, then it means there's nothing you can do. Might as well mark everyone else and leave him to it!

It doesn't mean he WON'T score, but it should make it less likely. If, at the time he scores his first goal, the ME already "knows" he will score his 2nd, then it means there's nothing you can do. Might as well mark everyone else and leave him to it!

It doesn't work like that! The game recalculates after every tactical change, so the ME "knows" nothing.

I tried both with Arsenal save and Millwall save and it doesn't work for me. Could that be a bug?

How many players did Arsenal loan in the last couple of seasons? Millwall would be a better candidat. Did you ask during the transfer window or outside?

True, t'would be xenophobia at worst, let's leave it there eh?

At the risk of not leaving it there, I don't think it's even that. You could probably write quite an interesting study of it. Though perhaps the xenophobic part is simply failing to acknowledge that there are lots of other nations who also fail to grasp English sarcasm. Let's agree that, of the major European nations at least, Germany stands out as having a culture in which sarcasm does not tend to register. For the record I like FM14 more than I thought I would and I think you're doing a sterling job of fielding all this bilge :)

It doesn't work like that! The game recalculates after every tactical change, so the ME "knows" nothing.

You haven't been following the discussion - there seems to be a bug where the ME tells you it's a players (e.g.) 6th goal when it's actually his fifth and this is because he goes on to score again later. Which suggest that the ME, in fact, DOES know something. It's worrying.

You haven't been following the discussion - there seems to be a bug where the ME tells you it's a players (e.g.) 6th goal when it's actually his fifth and this is because he goes on to score again later. Which suggest that the ME, in fact, DOES know something. It's worrying.

The ME doesnt know anything, it never has. What are you are talking about is match divergence and the a coincidence.

conserning the graphics. Any developer tried playing with Akinfewa? I know hes a "monster", but not the cookie-monster....Apart from that, Im not over exaggerated with the graphics, specially the movements. You have to make the players lean a bit forward when running, because as of now, it looks like the department of silly walks is sponsoring movements at times. And as with Akinfewa, strong and muscular players look like their on a crisp-diet.

The ME doesnt know anything, it never has. What are you are talking about is match divergence and the a coincidence.

Well not really, if the ME says it's a players 7th goal when it's actually his 6th - and we work out that it only does this if/when a player later goes on to score a second goal - then clearly this is not just a coincidence. Maybe once but as you can see above it's happening multiple times.

Despite the developers admitting it's a known issue?

I thought it was common knowledge that as soon as you hit play, the game has done all the calculations for the game ahead, and the only thing that can change this is tactical adjustments in-game where it immediately does another calculation to the end of the game, or until another tactical adjustment is made.

To that end, if you never make any adjustments, this 'bug' pre-warns you that a player is going to score again, giving you an unfair heads up to change it.

Well not really, if the ME says it's a players 7th goal when it's actually his 6th - and we work out that it only does this if/when a player later goes on to score a second goal - then clearly this is not just a coincidence. Maybe once but as you can see above it's happening multiple times.

It could be still coincidence. Evidence would mean that is does ALWAYS happens in at least dozen of matches. That's something for the testing brigade at SI.

The "Xth goal of the season bug" is just the game not displaying the correct number. I logged it yesterday in the bugs forum, its just putting numbers that are wrong doesnt mean the player is going to score again. For example, Steven Fletcher scored and it said 2nd goal of the season but it was his 1st and he didnt go on to score again in the match. The next match he scored and it said 3rd goal of the season but it was only his 2nd. It doesnt mean it knows he will score again, its just showing the wrong number (ive found its usually 1 more than they have actually scored).

The "Xth goal of the season bug" is just the game not displaying the correct number. I logged it yesterday in the bugs forum, its just putting numbers that are wrong doesnt mean the player is going to score again. For example, Steven Fletcher scored and it said 2nd goal of the season but it was his 1st and he didnt go on to score again in the match. The next match he scored and it said 3rd goal of the season but it was only his 2nd. It doesnt mean it knows he will score again, its just showing the wrong number (ive found its usually 1 more than they have actually scored).

Ah, fair enough. Must just be a coincidence that it's happened in every example for me so far. Weird though.

My first impressions are that the game is still very poor. All the same faults as before - opposition score and win with only shot on target against run of play far too often, player interaction total nonsense and seems to be there just to cause unrealistic hassle and poor results, player body language is ridiculous and has far too much effect on the result (but oddly not the performance) and to cap it all a completely new one on me - 5 best players all asking for transfers on same day in pre-season. In adding more and more (poorly implemented) features, SI have simply lost control of the game and the core elements that matter. Real shame!

Not a bug exactly but slightly unrealistic - I've just been on a long unbeaten run and then had that run abruptly halted by a 5-1 defeat to the team bottom of the league with only one win all season. The problem I have with this is more to do with the number of goals scored - it feels to me at the moment that the ME decides who will win and then exaggerates the result. I have only had 2 draws all season (18 games gone), one of which was 4-4 and the other 2-2, and of the other games, 10 saw the winning team score at least 4 goals.

Just to let you know (and to show it's not just a case of "I'm rubbish so the ME must be broken") - the opposite has just happened. That 5-1 defeat sent me on a poor run that saw me only just outside the relegation zone. Then I proceeded to beat the team on top of the league at their ground 4-1. Seems very unlikely.

• Administrators
Is it normal I can't import tactics from 13?They were all made with the TC and no sliders were changed in them.Is this a bug or because of the new tactics set up?
FM13 Tactics won't work due to the overhaul of Tactics in FM14.

Is there any reason "Allow Wide Players To Swap" shouldn't be available when you have only one wide player on the pitch, and have him swap sides throughout the game? Seems like a logical extension of its current functionality, would allow asymmetrical formations to be a bit less predictable.

Does anyone else find the way of denoting new formations as 4-2DM-3-1 instead of 4-2-3-1 DM a little jarring, to me it just looks odd. Likewise for 4-1-2-2-1, I really don't understand why it needs to be 4-1DM-2-2-1.

Other than that I have to say I'm flabergasted by how much faster FM14 is than FM13, hopefully that'll stick all the way through long saves where the numbers of plaers increases quite substantially.

See post 973.

This is crazy. This is a relegation playoff with a team from a division below when my end-of-season form got me within a point of safety. Seriously???

I put the tactic to "overload" in the last 20 minutes when we needed 3 quick goals - but other than that, the tactic is what I would usually play with. This game is very badly flawed at the moment. I hope it'll be fixed in time for the main release - they usually are, so fingers crossed. Just disappointed that the promised 2-weeks early version is unplayable.

Archived