*Football Manager 2014 - ANNOUNCEMENT*

Without giving any thing away, do not want to spoil it for you guys, the new blog/video on the enhanced and additional interaction in the game, makes for an interesting listen.

Looks good. Dam it, in for a penny in for a pound. Am going to take the plunge and buy.

Latest video on 'interaction' here:

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought there was something about it being improved to make it easier for people to create leagues to put up in Steam Workshop. And then of course there is definitely this:

Sounds great really hope they have Gib in there.

In one of the video blogs it was announced that it will be possible to create challenges in the editor, and if you watch the top of the screen there was also a rules tab which I took as changing league rules without having to re-create nation league systems or using the AE will be possible at last.
I took it as that too:D I hope we are right as its something I have been asking for and hoping for each year...cant wait for the release now:o

Not sure if it has been asked or answered but is FM14 going to release with a dark skin?

It was a touch annoying on last years release that we were being told to basically play with the white skin as it was not white and then a few weeks later we got the dark skin.

If it is still up in the air it would be great if the devs released with the same skins that were in FM12, the dark grey skin was very easy on the eyes.

Not sure if it has been asked or answered but is FM14 going to release with a dark skin?

It was a touch annoying on last years release that we were being told to basically play with the white skin as it was not white and then a few weeks later we got the dark skin.

If it is still up in the air it would be great if the devs released with the same skins that were in FM12, the dark grey skin was very easy on the eyes.

Last I heard the official line was they didn't know.

It would be madness if they didn't in my opinion as the poll I saw overwhelmingly favoured a dark skin.

I use a Pro as well and one thing I have found is the included stylus isn't as good as some others on the market because the sensor isn't located in the tip, though the game doesn't help by not supporting touch properly - I have to double tap everything that would normally only require a single mouse click.

You'd think a gam like FM would be perfect for touch and stylus especially, particularly on the tactics screen.

Exactly. It's the perfect game for the Surface Pro (although Civ 5 is also pretty great and support touch properly), but having to double-tap all the time is pretty annoying.

Knowing whether or not the game will properly support touch is all that's stopping me from pre-ordering.

Yeah, doing another masters so on a self-imposed ban (FM13 been gone for 2 months now), and I need it for lengthy train journeys that weekend and then the xmas hols.

I wasn't meant to be buying it, but we all know how that goes

Of course I'm not saying my needs affect SI's obligation to release at all

Might just be me, but all the little changes are whats getting me excited this year, im not looking for major changes this year, just improving the heap of features already there. Things like testimonials, improved media and interaction are really getting me excited to move onto FM14.

Hey is there any chance you will implement players under 14? I guess that would make the player database to big, but it would be really cool if you could have "Kid-squads", like Arsenals soccer schools for kids or Barcelonas La Masia. Check the list on this site as an example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Masia

Then you could make players that are like 7 years old look smaller in the 3D-mode, and the ability to sign such young players, you see potential early often. Perhaps not in FM14 but in the future, it would be really cool.

Also I would like an improvement in the 3D-mode to see if a young player has potential, a REASON to watch him in a game yourself. Because right now people only look at the match rating, use Genie Scout/FMRTE and the key attributes, there would be really cool if you had to watch the player yourself and visit the game and then see yourself in the 3D-mode "This kid really looks promising". Too find out if you shall sign him. Of course the oppinion from the Scout and the attributes should matter too though.

A couple of bugs I spotted in FM13: When I DONT give youngsters that just came in a contract and another club sign him, he is still in my squad. It can be hidden by checking the box "Hide players that are not in the club" but yeah, should be there. Also when I as a manager of the A-team, for example Valencia, offer a contract to a player in the reserve team he thinks that I am offering him a contract in the A-team, but im just helping the reserves. In Spain the reserve team actually plays in a competition with A-teams, for example they can go up to Liga Adelante/Segunda, compared to for example England when the reserve teams has its own division just to give players playing time and no promotions etc.

Really looking forward to the game.

Hey is there any chance you will implement players under 14? I guess that would make the player database to big, but it would be really cool if you could have "Kid-squads", like Arsenals soccer schools for kids or Barcelonas La Masia. Check the list on this site as an example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Masia

Then you could make players that are like 7 years old look smaller in the 3D-mode, and the ability to sign such young players, you see potential early often. Perhaps not in FM14 but in the future, it would be really cool.

I don't think SI are legally allowed to include any player under 16 years of age.

I don't think SI are legally allowed to include any player under 16 years of age.

I've seen a few 15 year olds come into the youth academy I'm sure, and I may be wrong, but some have been 14 too. Maybe they can get away with it if they're regens. Still, I wouldn't support adding anything lower than that into the game - it would just be an extra level of complexity into the game that just isn't really needed. It's already enough of a long slog for some to see a player from age 14-16 right up to their retirement - about 20 years in some cases - I can't see the point in extending that. And it would bloat the database.

Yeah newgens are totally different forameuss, I don't think we are are quite at the stage where fictional blobfaces have rights needing protection.

Although what would happen if their AI becomes so advanced that they can genuinely feel harm?

google-skynet.png

I've seen a few 15 year olds come into the youth academy I'm sure, and I may be wrong, but some have been 14 too. Maybe they can get away with it if they're regens. Still, I wouldn't support adding anything lower than that into the game - it would just be an extra level of complexity into the game that just isn't really needed. It's already enough of a long slog for some to see a player from age 14-16 right up to their retirement - about 20 years in some cases - I can't see the point in extending that. And it would bloat the database.

Yes, I get 15 year olds into my youth squad evey year, and sometimes 14 year olds too. All regens. You could always use an in-game editor to change their birth dates if you want them even younger.

BETA you mean? Demo is a few days before release

Well Beta is another name for the demo anyway to be honest ...

For those that are able to download and play the Beta version, it will be 99% of the whole game. just fm.exe and the data editor will be missing.

An increase in board interaction seemed like a good innovation, but the option to leak information to the press? That really seems a bit over the top and not the direction I want to see the game go. Really, if you leak information to the press, as far as I am concerned, you have lost the trust of the club and also it suggest you have a pretty pathetic personality! Yes, you can get sacked because of your actions, but you can also be rewarded.

An increase in board interaction seemed like a good innovation, but the option to leak information to the press? That really seems a bit over the top and not the direction I want to see the game go. Really, if you leak information to the press, as far as I am concerned, you have lost the trust of the club and also it suggest you have a pretty pathetic personality! Yes, you can get sacked because of your actions, but you can also be rewarded.

Sounds like real life? Very high risk move that wouldn't be for most people and only in extreme circumstances.

Well Beta is another name for the demo anyway to be honest ...

For those that are able to download and play the Beta version, it will be 99% of the whole game. just fm.exe and the data editor will be missing.

Please don't make inaccurate statements like this.

The Beta is not the Demo, they are distinctly different.

The Beta has other things disabled besides the Editor and it may be done differently this time round anyway.

Hi would the system requirement be more or less the same as FM 2013. It says its the same in Steam. Just wanted to make sure

Yup pretty much the same, in fact ironically optimisation may improve performance on lower spec machines, bit pot luck that though of course.

Hi guys, i preordered the game from Playstore (a Turkish retailer), they say that they will send the beta code for the preorders but when i check here it looks that playstore.com isn't one of your official retailers...

Please clearify this there are a lot of Turkish fm fans who bought the game from playstore.com, would we play the beta game?

So I just preordered the game via Steam store. How can I acces the beta on its release date? Will I get a code in my e-mail or something?

Nothing you need to do, it will auto download as soon as it's released.

Please say players shooting from 45 yards all the time and hitting the corner flag is fixed!

It was always a problem in FM13 and was never fixed in my opinion.

The issue I had with the game is I loved it up untill matchday because this years FM has had the worst Match Engine to date.

Does anyone agree with me ?

Please say players shooting from 45 yards all the time and hitting the corner flag is fixed!

It was always a problem in FM13 and was never fixed in my opinion.

The issue I had with the game is I loved it up untill matchday because this years FM has had the worst Match Engine to date.

Does anyone agree with me ?

I agree wholeheartedly. Fm has been head 'n' shoulders above any game series i've known but FM13 is the only version that i stopped playing months ago for the reason you hit upon that the ME was poor.

Archived