*Football Manager 2014 - ANNOUNCEMENT*

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What will the download size be for the beta?

It should be pretty close to the size of the final game, so look what the previous games req disk space wise, and you are pretty close.

I agree wholeheartedly. Fm has been head 'n' shoulders above any game series i've known but FM13 is the only version that i stopped playing months ago for the reason you hit upon that the ME was poor.

Absolutely couldn't agree more...first time ever I've stopped playing FM having enjoyed ALL previous versions...ME was a deal breaker and I've been tweeting miles to see if that absurd lofted through balls issue has been resolved but no response so can only surmise they haven't been able to work that out all this time later which is worrying given the length of time they've been trying and disappointing given how well the new graphical enhancements have come along..would have been great to see a fully functional and slick ME with the improved graphical representation

would have been great to see a fully functional and slick ME with the improved graphical representation

That's what i'm hoping for too. The graphical representation when the goalkeeper is trying to make an interception during a one on one situation looks odd and comical. The video blog on match engine for FM2014 posted earlier did not highlight this instance.

It should be pretty close to the size of the final game, so look what the previous games req disk space wise, and you are pretty close.

So about 6GB? Was looking forward to getting started but will have to wait til release. I'll have to buy a disc copy as I only have pre-paid internet.

Can't see it happening this weekend, taking everything into consideration and a lot of the online stores don't have the keys yet.

Also add to that that England are playing tonight, I am sure some of the guys over at SI would much rather watch that than listen to us whining about how the new release sucks as we can't win every game. ;)

In all truth though as much as I would love to play tonight I just don't see how it would be possible for them to release the beta tonight.

this wonderful change in the game's AI, congratulations to Sigames! The game will be much more realistic, ever mentioned this here :)

I want to see more through balls on the ground. For some reason the AI wants to do these dink balls over the top and classify that as a through ball. Hopefully at release or at the January transfer period they can make the AI do more passes in that range.

I want to see more through balls on the ground. For some reason the AI wants to do these dink balls over the top and classify that as a through ball. Hopefully at release or at the January transfer period they can make the AI do more passes in that range.

Ha! Indeed. My squad is technically good in comparison to the other clubs in my league, but we are the shortest! I desperately want to tell the players to keep the ball on the carpet but I can't stop them lobbing crosses and high-balls which my forwards have no chance of winning.

will there be an exact date for the beta release? or should we just expect them to release it then just say "BETA is open now"?

and is there a reason why there isn't a specified date for the release of the game. for example its not completely ready yet?

About 86 hours until FM14 Beta MAY get released. Generally 2 weeks before the full game officially gets released.

When will we receive beta keys?

Depends where you purchased the game from. You'll need to ask them.

Also IF the Beta is released Midnight Wednesday leading in to Thursday morning then enjoy this countdown clock ...

FM14 Beta Release Countdown (Possibly)

About 86 hours until FM14 Beta MAY get released. Generally 2 weeks before the full game officially gets released.

Depends where you purchased the game from. You'll need to ask them.

Also IF the Beta is released Midnight Wednesday leading in to Thursday morning then enjoy this countdown clock ...

FM14 Beta Release Countdown (Possibly)

LOL a countdown clock for something unconfirmed! I may as well start one for the end of the world, would be about as much point. I will assume this is ironic in which case Wiitastic has genuinely amused me. Cant believe I am adding to this debate but I feel inclined to make this one point, Demo/Beta releases are usually made when the SI office is adequately manned, I guess there is a lot that needs monitoring just in case something goes a bit astray, so expect the time of release to be after 10 in the morning, probably mid late afternoon. Of course, there is not confirmed date even so speculation is a bit pointless anyway.

will there be an exact date for the beta release? or should we just expect them to release it then just say "BETA is open now"?

and is there a reason why there isn't a specified date for the release of the game. for example its not completely ready yet?

Bold part is correct sort of. Be released in same way they'd announce a patch release

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I can't find it. Is there a beta and a demo or are they one and the same ? i.e. only available with a pre order ?

I'm pretty skint till release day and wanted to have a play beforehand with a demo to keep me going until full release.

Sorry if i am reading it wrong, But you are saying someone will release the game or the beta before steam? This is not possible as steam is needed for both, So if you have the game early you can't activate it before steam allows you. And the beta is only available through steam.

my girlfriend is already moaning.

I must be really lucky, my wife and I were talking about the beta possibly being released later in the week and she offered to let me play all weekend to "get a feel for it".

They haven't released the Beta yet. That's why.

It was made quite clear it would be available two weeks before hence that being this Thursday (17th Oct)!

Convienient for kids and teachers for that matter having day off due to strike.

Whether it will actually happen, god knows.

I must be really lucky, my wife and I were talking about the beta possibly being released later in the week and she offered to let me play all weekend to "get a feel for it".

Yeah ive already secured some champ days by offering to look after the missus's dogs for a couple of weekends so she can go away and have some time to herself with her friends. She really doesnt seem to realise that sitting with two hounds, playing FM is a fantastic afternoon, and she is actually doing me a favor!! :D

Yeah ive already secured some champ days by offering to look after the missus's dogs for a couple of weekends so she can go away and have some time to herself with her friends. She really doesnt seem to realise that sitting with two hounds, playing FM is a fantastic afternoon, and she is actually doing me a favor!! :D

Nicely done, my wife is a football fan so she is pretty handy for a real life assistant manager. I tried her on a game ofFM, but she didn't enjoy it. She doesn't mind me playing it though. Gives her a chance to watch Surbugatory and all that sort of stuff anyway.

Archived