*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Administrators
Contract negotiation and training in FMC are broken.
Contract negotiation in what sense? Seems fine to me, and I've not had issues. We're aware of the training issue and looking into that as a priority. For further FMC feedback please use the FMC Feedback thread, thanks.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed. :(

-Still persist the newgen bugs. Not enough newgens, sometimes no one, is produced for some leagues of Africa and Asia.

-Sometimes clubs disappeared from the leagues.

-Editor is broken after the update.

-Seedings not works properly.

-Regional divisions allocation doesn't work enough well before the update, and after that is worsed.

-newgen managers are hired to become coaches of national teams.

I'm sorry to say this, but this is the last FM I buy at the launch date.

In the player search all I can search for is Scouted Potential Ability is "At Least"

Where's "Is at most"?

I only want to search for players with "At most" 4 stars and so I can remove their scout reports... but when I select "at least" 4 stars it shows me all the players 4 star and above.

wheresatmost.PNG

Is there a faster way to remove scout reports?

Sounds like a nice update, going to try it now. Noticed the only one for Sweden was the budget, I'm in my 5th season will this still take effect? I'v just taken a team from 4th division to prem in 5 seasons and I got given a very poor wadge and transfer budget to say I'm now in the highest league.

Graphical:

- Players coming out from a tunnel, shaking hands, national anthems being sung for internationals.

- When winning/losing a league or trophy, I'd LOVE to see a ceremony, either something happening on the pitch with fireworks, lifting the trophy, collecting the medals or walking up the stadium and lifting the trophy in the stand like they do for the FA Cup. Guess this would just add something for those like myself who play in 3D and would kind of give you more of a thrill when winning things.

- Not enough realistic GK animations, for example I'v never seen a GK bring a player down when he's trying to go round him which is one of the most common things within football, neither do they dive at players feet enough.

Training:

- Being able to select more than one player when doing anything with individual training. At the moment for example if you wish to select the training workload for players's individual training from Average to Heavy you have to do it one by one and tbh that's a ball-ache. It's the same with all the features within Individual training.

- When selecting what a player should try to learn, for example 'Avoid using weaker foot', it would be great if before you chose, your assistant gave you options of what he thinks would be best for him. I know he does that if he doesn't agree on what you chose the player to learn but a few opinions beforehand would be great. Again with being able to select more than one player at a time this would be handy as you could select all your LM/LW players to 'Run down left flank as much as possible'.

-

Gameplay Issues:

- Gameplay is a little predictable, would like some more variation.

- At the moment it seems that if any little clever through ball is played behind my defenders they just stand still for the ST to run onto, surely they should be doing all they can to get a block in or run behind the GK to stop it on the line JT style?

In-Game:

- When praising a players recent form the only options are that he's improved? what about just being able to say, you've been class recently well done?

- Interactions with referee's for when something happens during/after a game?

- Would love more interactions in general with everyone.

- IMO the 'board' does my head-in on here, for example I needed a pitch relay, I'm top of the second division with 5 games left already crowned Champions and they say there's not enough money? surely they know the finances they'll receive from me going up can pay for a pitch relay? I mean after I go up for example it says I made a profit of like 800k so there is funds there. Would just like the board to be a little smarter with it's decision

- Board not offering more than a years contract to me when I'v taken them up 2 leagues in 4 years, really?

- Team talks at half time are rubbish and not detailed enough. Should be able to do more detailed shouts during the game.

- Transfers are awful on FM, teams buy players they don't need and half of them are shocking buys. Just seen United by a LB who should be playing in the championship or a lower prem team, would United really buy a 25 year old very AVERAGE player? realistically? no, please sort this.

These suggestions deserve lot of credit IMO.

restore points do not undo data, they may restore missing data that was previously there, but they will not revert your save back to the point it was at the restore point. That would be an incredibly complex thing to do, even for the SI guys, never mind Microsoft who have no connection to SI.

Fair enough. I use a Mac so wasn't entirely sure. I thought the system save points just took everything in it's current state (including all files, i.e., the FM save game file)and saved it every week or what ever, meaning if you revert back, your data at the point would be the same as it was, files included.

Anyway, thank for the info.

restore points do not undo data, they may restore missing data that was previously there, but they will not revert your save back to the point it was at the restore point. That would be an incredibly complex thing to do, even for the SI guys, never mind Microsoft who have no connection to SI.

Does if you've set system restore to keep that folder backed up.. used to use it all the time when I bothered having system restore on.

The next patch date has already more or less to be released? And what is his focus?

The advanced editor can we expect it?

I would earnestly ask, how can you melhorarassem the most processing, even simplifying something .. I'm afavor the game faster is better, pure play even wipe some features heavier, leaving closer fm 2012 :)

If you could put in the game the option to postpone game would also be really cool

As well as having more exchanges of players by teams, and one idea would be news about the fans, partying kind of securities or preparations for a big game

One thing I want to know because it has not arrived in time, the more fm 2012 was wrong was the Confederations Cup and world cup competitions in Brazil did not stop, a gross error that had to be fixed, gone are the congratulations!

Hey,

I am quite happy with the patch, although I do have a little problem which I was hoping someone could help me with

I am currently playing a network game with my friend, and the season has went quite quickly, however since the update his games are taking FOREVER. It nothing to do with the highlights, its the "between highlights" that goes up really slowly. We have doubled checked settings, however we are puzzled. Do you think it might have anything to do with it being a saved game? Also to clarify, we have played the game on network, on this save, on 6 different nights and its only been since the patch, that the game has slowed for him.

Any Help?

• SI Staff

Individual Training:

Originally there was a bug regarding the arranged sort of the list of player’s when a change of training focus was made. To fix that problem the coders have had to disable the arranged sort as a potential fix went in previously but had caused other issues on this panel. A filter has now been added to the 13.2.0 update and by using these; the user is able to filter by position.

Nice patch, guys. Nice new dark skin.

I've started a new game as my save with Wrexham had gone on for about ten seasons and was built on the back of the previous bugs (still made it to the Championship though!).

Any news on the following:

Lack of loan players from Premier League parent clubs

Automatic Apologise/Resign when applying for other jobs (should be able to try and keep it secret).

Ability to use any member of staff for 'assistant reports' (for those who have better ability recognition).

Ability to set default member of staff for 'pre-match opposition instructions' and 'half time recommendation' (and full time, I guess).

Ability to talk to the press when you sold a player whose contract was up and wouldn't renew - annoying that its an instant negative when you get 2.5 million at the 6 months left point, rather than sweet FA when he leaves on a free.

Ability to talk to a player and ask why his form is dipping. Players are rarely shown as unhappy and even more rarely able to discuss their 'unhappiness'.

Ability to terminate a players contract after you've offered it (refused) then talked to them and convinced them that they wont play. As it stands, they just stay in your squad and you lose the option to get rid.

Those are off the top of my head.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

D

Am I the only one that has injury problems? I get around 1-2 minor/major injuries per game. I must be doing something wrong but I didn't have a problem before the 13.2 update.

I played 4 games and in every game my players got an injury or 2 injuries.

My training is on high but overall is medium because I was making more of a match training. Anyone has the same problem or any idea how I can solve it?

Am I the only one that has injury problems? I get around 1-2 minor/major injuries per game. I must be doing something wrong but I didn't have a problem before the 13.2 update.

I played 4 games and in every game my players got an injury or 2 injuries.

My training is on high but overall is medium because I was making more of a match training. Anyone has the same problem or any idea how I can solve it?

Ironically, I had a lot of injuries pre-patch.

I know this seems obvious, but just double check your pitch condition, players natural fitness and injury susceptibility etc. If they're happening on the pitch, check your individual tackling sliders. If its happening off the pitch, review your fitness training.

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Interesting!

I am currently in a 23 years career and have my tactics that I am happy with. I don't ever shut my laptop down, it put it into hibernate or sleep mode, therefore FM doesn't need to be reloaded

I didn't update my FM to 13.1.3 until 3/4 weeks after the launch date.

Catch 22 scenario for me really. Get so many different views on what is good and bad, but at the end of the day it is up to me what I think of it. I do tend to agree, it would be good to be given the option of which verison you want to play. It's not like Windows where updates are essential due to security reasons. It is an interesting discussion

However, what must be put on record, SI spend weeks and weeks updating the game with these patches and I am very grateful that they do, 13.1.3 is great for me at the moment

You may need to do this for each league/cup you are subscribed to.

unfortunately you will have to this,i play with 20+ leagues major pain.

continued for 2 days(game) time and had 90 messages in inbox

every match,awards,tranfers and everything else, just press remove all and just keep what you want to know. saves alot of time.

This was regarding the question of italian tax bug fix. I thought this was fixed in 13.1.3? can you clarify? i restarted my game when advised the italian tax bug needed a new save to fix upon 13.1.13 release, i dont really want to start a new game again.

The Italian tax bug wasn't fixed with 13.1.3 so restarting would not have changed anything. It was omitted from that release. It has, however, been fixed for 13.2 but requires a new save for the changes to take effect.

The Italian tax bug wasn't fixed with 13.1.3 so restarting would not have changed anything. It was omitted from that release. It has, however, been fixed for 13.2 but requires a new save for the changes to take effect.

You sure? i thought i remembered Paul C saying that when the fix for UK tax issues was released the italian one was done the same time but required a re-start.

You sure? i thought i remembered Paul C saying that when the fix for UK tax issues was released the italian one was done the same time but required a re-start.

From the Italy bugs thread

26-11-2012 12:49 - It shouldn't, and it's an error on our part that it still does.

You should adjust the 'Pension Employer' Tax rate found in the editor (Nations > Italy > Tax) from 38% to 23%.

Cheers.

If they tried or not I don't know, but there are excessive taxes in the Italian leagues. In 13.1.3 they are still there, regardless of a restart in save. In 13.2 they're fixed, if you start a new game.

Hello, guys! Im from Russia. Exсuseme, idont speak english. Im play my save for FC Sumy (Ukraine). My club attented to Champions League. My club played against Fenerbahce in the first qualifying round. Path 13.1.3. I won: 2-0, 4-2. The draw for the next round:

uefachampionsleagueo.png

49170699.png

45023837.png

This bug incorrect coefficients present in new path 13.2.0 too

Another issue are the scores, they are horrible and unrealistic. CL quarter final 1st leg: Barca 7-1 Arsenal, 2nd leg: Barca 1-11 Arsenal.. Seen so many results like 6-0 and 6-4 ect. Also the amount of injuries is nasty, half my squad are now injured.

(Cant' post SS's).

We've all done that at some point. :D
Well done making yourself look like a complete moron. That was what you were going for right? :applause:
The database hasn't been updated' date=' so is still 13.0.

The game build is 13.2. If you go to 'Game Status' it will say 13.2. If you start a new game the database will say 13.0. This has been explained plenty of times. Trying to pick out snippets from the rest of your diatribe, maybe the mods are slightly frustrated because of people like yourself who spout off after not even being able to follow instructions or see questions that have been answered 100 times? How can you judge their reaction to anything after your nonsense post.

If the laws of the game were to be followed properly, sarcastic applause like yours should be an instant booking....[/quote']

Hey, screw you all, I'm no noob lol.

I also think passing off information that isn't true as "fact" should be an instant bookable offense.

I've been playing since 98/99 and building computers for longer.

Yes, I've checked the version, it says 13.0. I'm not uninstalling Steam till later today so I will report back with how it goes during a reboot. I am really patient but this is kind of b/s you have to understand for a student who pays $80-120 for a title and doesn't get it. By the same token can you all start sending me $80-120 and I send you .exe's that don't launch? Hm... anyway I will get to nerd it out tonight. I get my Windows PC! The issues have been on a Macbook Pro and specifically through Steam (I only used this once my dvd-drive buggered up).

By the way guys how great is it that after all these years we can still say which of all the versions were our favourite? FM08 was definitely high up there as the last truly enjoyable experience with CM0304 being the "mammoth" title it was along with CM0102. I think I heard on an interview same kind of groups involved in those games so I don't see why the experience and feel of it has changed so much? Specifically in regards to player development is where they've faltered (and not come up with anything) which make it a "less enjoyable" experience whereas it's little issues such as the one I'm currently having which make it "crap" and way beyond the enjoyable part... borders on thievery especially because I'm an Australian Turk who's had to up with the "no one buys in Turkey" comments... well I still have my original CDROMS from more than 10-15 years ago. I paid I expect a playable version and never had installation issues due to this (even through Steam which I've used for the last 3 versions).

I get my Alienware M17x laptop today which means I get to finally have more than 25 players on the main screen! I was so sick of players snapping at me for dropping them to the reserves soon as the players piled up on the main screen but I can't help my OCD of not having to scroll down for other players. I obviously got it for other reasons too but I'm especially enthused to see how FM13 runs on it (3.8ghz turbo, 32gB ram, Intel 520 ssd, 680-m graphics, etcetc). Should be fun!

One thing I'm noticing is that teams are not offered by its players, I'm in the middle of the first season, and nobody wants to buy my players, the market has to be busiest, it could also improve.

I even providing for a reasonable price proposals do not appear: /

my biggest complaint is that during a match you click the make a substitution button and then on the substitution box you cannot change a players role IE set the striker coming on to play poacher or whatever instead of Target man which the outgoing player was doing or change the oncoming midfielder to play as a ball winning midfielder etc .

Instead you have to wait until after the substitution has occured and then click the change player role button

Oh and another minor gripe is how those options for change player role and target opposition player are hidden away under the small downward arrow

Is there a way to get the new dark theme on the old 13.1.3 patch? I don't want to update mine, but I do want the old skin. Is there a separate file for this?

I am really patient but this is kind of b/s you have to understand for a student who pays $80-120 for a title and doesn't get it.

You'll overpay for an Alienware laptop running Windows and then have the cheek to complain about the cost of this game and what you get for that....

But why should we have to? If I did that I'll no longer get MY pre-match odds, which I still want. I just don't want the pre-match odds for all the other games in the league.... why has this been included? Please reply

Of course you'll get your own pre-match odds. You get this news as default.

As I said earlier in the thread it's a knock-on for pre-update saves due to other fixes. It does not affect new games.

Of course you'll get your own pre-match odds. You get this news as default.

As I said earlier in the thread it's a knock-on for pre-update saves due to other fixes. It does not affect new games.

Ah right OK. Should've read the whole 3 page thread then.

Thanks for the reply - I'll slink away to my save now... sorry for my moan-athon :)

Hi,

I do not know if someone else noticed that issue : I think there is a problem with the fitness ! My guys are 75% fitness after 60 - 65min. With the 13.1.3, it was not like that. My players were at that level of fitness at the end of the 90min.

Also, there is more injuries and knock during matchs (there is maybe a link with the fitness ?).

Sorry, I would like to upload my save, but I do not understand how to do it.

My player profile now has 2 less boxes, really annoying me atm due to it being perfectly arranged before.

I run the same size window, 1600x900

I've tried using both skins and a downloaded one, I have tried it in windowed mode. I have restarted laptop but can't get the extra boxes back,.

I have also noticed that now on the player profile page that the players preffered foot and height. Which before only appered ocassionly on the profile page when I changed skin or before a restart for example but normal it would go away and let me have more boxes.

Reading some of these posts, I honestly could cry. Football Manager is slowly dying a death, and it's such a shame.

The 'testing' team (if there is one) must already be on their christmas hols.

Reading the comments since 13.2 came out I'm really worried. From past experience I know and fully appreciate that the game is never anywhere near "finished" or perfect until the January update but this year they just don't seem to be able to get it right, or even close to right. Just firing the game up now for the first time since 13.2 came out. Will be watching my first few games from behind the sofa, nervously fearing the worst. Must do better next year SI. I only say this because I have come to expect so much more from you over the years. I have faith though and I will buy FM14 regardless of how bad things get. After all, what is the alternative? Fifa Manager? Getting a life? No thanks. :-)

Archived