*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

I started my game today in the end of february in my dortmund game. The best player in my youth intake had one star potential. My youth facilities are very good. I loaded the last autosave and tried again as i thought it must be a bug and again the best player has again just 1 star potential.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
I just played Arsenal in the Capital Cup and I got the pre match odds message for every other match being played (West Brom favourites for Blackburn class) is this a bug or is it an addition through the patch?

There's a change which has made this happen as stated here:

- If you're playing from a pre-patch save game it will have checked "Pre-Match Media" and "Refereeing Performances" as active in the Manage Subscriptions screen. If you don't want these, just uncheck them and you won't see them again.

• Administrators
Yep I wasn't calling it a bug, I was using it as proof that clubs were indeed now active!

Ill try to get something uploaded for the conversation ending, for the player on loan being my all time average rating record, for me resigning from an international job and being told that I had placed an advert for manager

Edit - blast my game just autosaved on top of itself. Ill keep an eye out in future

Thanks for getting back to me either way.

I started my game today in the end of february in my dortmund game. The best player in my youth intake had one star potential. My youth facilities are very good. I loaded the last autosave and tried again as i thought it must be a bug and again the best player has again just 1 star potential.

See post #131

No one know anything about post #143 ?

Certain leagues are split into sections (English u19s top division for example), this means that any leagues a player creates in the editor will not need to have these sections with the same number of teams in each. Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

• Administrators
Could be reading too much into things, and I'm sorry I was distracted and overwrote my save, but if you could confirm viewing of this thread then I'd be grateful - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339092-Various-Non-ME-bugs?p=8391554#post8391554

Yeah ideally we prefer one thread per issue if you could, but thanks for posting :thup:

Is the feeder/parent club issue fixed? I'm 11 seasons in the game and my board never manages to find a feeder club.

As Man Utd I am still yet to have the board find a 'commercial' club to form a link with despite numnerous requests and searches from them.

how do i make board takeovers appear in my news?

You can't unless you subscribe to EVERY club in EVERY league within your game, as the option for 'board takeover' news is incorrectly in the 'club' section of subscriptions as opposed to being in the 'league' section of subscriptions where it should be. The same goes for info on clubs moving into new stadia.

I've been modding one of the skins i downloaded, so not sure if it's related to this, but when I click of any league' news instead of headlines I get only "No news" written on the page.

Anyone with the same prob?

edit:I am talking about when clicking on Wolrd scrolling to say Serie A, then checking their news headlines. Transfer rumours are still full of news, f.e. while clicking on News gets me a blank screen with No News written only..

And contract negotiations just get worse. It is not negotiation it is just player asks you give less he lowers demands just a little bit and after that he refuses even just a little change. This patch gives extra bugs as it solves so in general there is no improvements.

Quick question : Is it possible to go back to use the 13.1.3 ? I definitly think this new "update" is just a big joke.

How can i delete this thing from my laptop ?

I have a team full of players who want to run alone with the ball, they all try to strike without help. There is too many yellow cards than before (And before the amount of cards was great), the game is slower than before, I have 100 of messages of info from leagues I didn't subscribe, crossing who are not crossing but just very high shoot, etc...

Sorry to be that "rude" but this update look like what SI & Sega use to do with Football Manager Live : Update full of bugs without consistency.

Again, sorry for my poor level of english.

For those reporting an increase in news for subscribed competitions:

- If you're playing from a pre-patch save game it will have checked "Pre-Match Media" and "Refereeing Performances" as active in the Manage Subscriptions screen. If you don't want these, just uncheck them and you won't see them again.

- If you play a new game with the update these items will NOT be checked by default.

I believe this is a slight knock-on from fixes that went in to the subscription system. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Tried this and it hasn't worked. I'm getting 60-70 of these messages before every match now. Incredibly annoying.

It seems that some settings didn`t stay how we want them.

After patch i notice that it change the training to very low, it doesn`t help if i change it cause it goes back to very low after continue.

That is pretty annoying and would make me stop playing FM if it can`t be changed with a quick fix, i didn`t payed to be a beta tester sorry!

Before this new update there were some little problems with saving settings in preferences, but with these i could live since they stayed the same during playing after i change it when i load game.

• Administrators
Loading Level 9 database and get a message saying the number of teams promoted don't match the number of teams relegated (no problems pre-patch)- then the game looks like it goes into safe mode

Obviously the editor doesn't work either

Yeah we're looking into this - think the database doesn't match the game now due to changes within the lower leagues.

• Administrators
Quick question : Is it possible to go back to use the 13.1.3 ? I definitly think this new "update" is just a big joke.

How can i delete this thing from my laptop ?

I have a team full of players who want to run alone with the ball, they all try to strike without help. There is too many yellow cards than before (And before the amount of cards was great), the game is slower than before, I have 100 of messages of info from leagues I didn't subscribe, crossing who are not crossing but just very high shoot, etc...

I use to work for Sega (1 day was enough to realise few things) and I am not surpprise by the result of that "update" : they didn't test it enough *because they do not have enough people - I do not blame these testers who work hard in poor condition and bad atmosphere) and use customer who paid to test for free !

Sorry to be that "rude" but this update look like what SI & Sega use to do with Football Manager Live : Update full of bugs without consistency.

Again, sorry for my poor level of english.

No offence but you don't know anything about how the internal SI QA team test the game so I'd appreciate you don't claim to know things you know nothing about. And stating it 'is a big joke' is actually incredibly rude. I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326330-The-current-state-of-the-forums-%E2%80%93-Feedback-Constructive-Criticism-and-Forum-Rules.

I still can't find the update, I've re-loaded the game several times and it still doesn't show. The default database is still showing. Do I need to activate it in steam somewhere, I've gone offline and back online there several times and still nothing showing

I still can't find the update, I've re-loaded the game several times and it still doesn't show. The default database is still showing. Do I need to activate it in steam somewhere, I've gone offline and back online there several times and still nothing showing

The database still remains default!

In the preferences menu you can see the version 13.2

There's a change which has made this happen as stated here:

Neil, I'm currently doing an online game with a friend. We both are getting the pre-match news items for a bunch of games. We've both unchecked "Pre-Match Media" and "Refereeing Performances", but we are still getting about 40-50 news items before every match. Any ideas?

No offence but you don't know anything about how the internal SI QA team test the game so I'd appreciate you don't claim to know things you know nothing about. And stating it 'is a big joke' is actually incredibly rude. I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326330-The-current-state-of-the-forums-%E2%80%93-Feedback-Constructive-Criticism-and-Forum-Rules.

Hi Neil,

Sorry if my post was rude in your opinion.

When you say I do not know anything about how the Internal SI QA team test the game, it's true. But I know how works the Sega QA in Chiswick where I add the possibility to work. I do not know if they continu to test FM, but when I was their (4 or 5y ago), a (smal) team was working to test FM. Normally, I was there for that tittle but they finally put me on Rome game. But I am not there to speak about myself.

And when I say "it is a big joke", I really feel it. I was enjoying the game even with his issues but since I have downloaded the last update, it's not the case anymore.

I didn't use any "rude" or "bad" words to explain my disappointment, I stayed polite (again, I am sorry if you took it different way). I have paid for a game and I feel bad with that last update.

My question still the same : Is it possible to reverse the situation and have the 13.1.3 back ? (Someone told me probably no, but maybe you are more well aware of the answer).

PS : I have edited my previous post.

Can't be bothered to read through the comments to see what has been mentioned so far - too busy playing.

Winter transfer window and especially deadline day have been amazing. Signings left right and center. Maybe a bit excessive. Anyway,I had the first 3 offers for any of my players without offering them to clubs (transfer offers that is) or listing them in 7 and a half seasons. Far more dynamic. I just wonder what Barca wants with yet another good but not good enough striker for 45 million, but hey, not my money, is it? Never really had problems selling before, but now it is even easier to rip teams for 20 million for a fringe player (sold Kirchhoff, 29 yrs old and only 4th choice for 16M to Real and they didn't even try to noegotiate it down).

What I think is excessive is the load fees. regularly get offers of 400k or more per month for some of my youngsters. Yes, these guys might be playing their share of matches for every other club including the other big guns but still, 5 M a year for a 1 year loan deal without option to buy? I'll gladly take it, but I can see this being an issue for people relying on loan players to fill gaps or improve the team if the AI also expects that kind of money.

Other than that I didn't notice many changes. I hope the fixture congestion around the Club WC goes away (if I get there again by winning the CL) - this season had to play 4 matches in 7 or 8 days, including back to back (Cup, next day CWC semis), and the back to back occured twice before.

Anyway, good job. Now I just have to wait and see whether the goal glut normalizes and how that fares whan I go up against a team that is no cannon fodder.

After the update my attribute screen now appears like this:

1zgu9lg.jpg

And I've tried clearing the cache and reloading the skin, no difference. Any ideas? I did change to the dark skin after the update, but then went back to the default one after my laptop crashed at one point as I was playing.

ETA: Unread news items are also illegible:

103j5mq.jpg

Patch is looking good so far, it's way better than the previous in my opinion, can't see any major problem. There's one little thing that is bothering me though. Since the update, the "graphical attribute" is looking all rough and "pixelated" for me. It's not a concern anyways, far from that, i can get use to it, but since this is the feedback thread, i thought i'd share this ahaha

http://i47.tinypic.com/34hw321.jpg

• Administrators
After the update my attribute screen now appears like this:

1zgu9lg.jpg

And I've tried clearing the cache and reloading the skin, no difference. Any ideas? I did change to the dark skin after the update, but then went back to the default one after my laptop crashed at one point as I was playing.

ETA: Unread news items are also illegible:

103j5mq.jpg

Can you please try deleting your settings files as shown here - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=69

Then reverifying your cache as shown here - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=83

Finally try changing from GPU rendering as explained here? - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=86

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I've set my Assistant to handle all Match Preparation... Yet, in game, he is repeatedly suggesting I set Match Preparation to something specific, such as Defend Setpieces, when, really, he is supposed to be handling it... so why does he keep mentioning it?

Is he actually handling it? Or is it a bug?

the GUI is still a bit slow and clunky. Seems to take a second to switch through tabs, especially the 'overview' tab. Some constructive feedback though - the GUI makes you click far too much to find information, on FM12 if I wanted to know something it was all there, on this GUI i have to go through a couple of pages to see it. Though I understand this can't be changed now, just something to think about for FM14.

Archived