*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It can

Not it can't. Kanu tried a first time shot and the ball hit his shin, in these cases the players had full control of the ball and all the time in the world to do what they wanted with it. So they deliberately sent the ball in orbit. Are you accusing virtual players to take bribes? :)

Of course it can and I actually laughed so hard when it happened I almost fell from my chair.

That was about the funniest thing I have ever seen in FM and it isn't necessarily a bug, could be a bump in the pitch for all I know.

But for me it summed up all the wtf moments I had with this match engine in one super wtf.

:lol:

I guess as long as it’s a very rare event then it’s just mirroring just how crap professional footballers often are. I mean how often do you watch a premiership game and end up thinking how much do you get paid to produce this rubbish, after a shot on goal ends up near the corner flag, happens a fair amount.

If the game has weird stuff like this deliberately coded out it'll become a predictable bore. Football throws up some extra-ordinary events from time to time, and Football Manager should reflect that.

So the issue is, if that kind of miss happens once a month its a bug. If it happens once every two or three seasons, its a fantastic bit of added realism (intentional or not). A bug that should be left in! :lol:

Of course.

I saw it happen once in 5 or 6 seasons I played in FMC beta with different teams, so it's really, really rare.

2 annoying things that I notice and I think were not issues before this version:

- Now when going on a team's page I need an extra click to see that team's ranking.

- If I can remember correctly, we used to have a drop-down menu on a team's/league's/player's page to pick a different team/league/player in the same league/country/team. Now I have to use the Up or Down arrow, which means I can click 100 times before finding what I want...

I love that Brazilian auto-reaction of just diving once it didn't go his way.

Envious much? How many World Cups does your nation have? How many world caliber players does your nation produce?

If you want to see dives then I suggest watching the Mexican league.

Envious much? How many World Cups does your nation have? How many world caliber players does your nation produce?

If you want to see dives then I suggest watching the Mexican league.

This is not the thread to discuss 'diving = world cup wins'.

Anybody else finding it really hard to negotiate with players on FM13?

Not just new signings, even my current players are asking for massive pay increases and are unwilling to budge. (never saw such requests on previous FM's)

At least on previous FM's you could also sway them a little, with other added bonuses, or high signing on/agent fees.. doesn't seem to make a difference on FM13.

Yeah there is absolutely no negotiating with any decent player, even one who is a supporter of the club you are at. Its extreme to say the least. Very poor and needs addressing in the next patch for me.

Probably a stupid question but i bought the game via a store . I used the beta key to play the game but when i receive the game on dvd /cd , should i install it to get the 'updated' version or will steam do this automatic without me using the dvd ?

Thanks

• Administrators
Probably a stupid question but i bought the game via a store . I used the beta key to play the game but when i receive the game on dvd /cd , should i install it to get the 'updated' version or will steam do this automatic without me using the dvd ?

Thanks

You'll need to 'upgrade' with the code on the back of the manual. Enter that into Steam and it'll upgrade into the full version at 00:01am. Thanks.

Any info about if we will have a patch that improves the match engine, goal keepers, defending, etc with the full release tonight?

Just be patient as everyone. Wait for the mifnight UK time and I'm sure there will be a changelist in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Any info about if we will have a patch that improves the match engine, goal keepers, defending, etc with the full release tonight?

As for the match engine, we'll surely have these:

Match v1310

-----------

- Improved player reactions to ball in general

- More fixes to general keeper issues

- Small tweak to pressing speed

- Small tweak to range of D-line depth

- Small reduction in boring passes by limited players

- Defenders now drop back at goal kicks when instructed to collect from keeper

Match v1311

-----------

- Fixed keeper fumbling ball on own line for no reason

- Fixed 2 other small keeper anomalies

And possibly some more.

Nice to know but how do you know that ? Are you hoping for that or are you certain ?

i know for certain beacuse it's been mentioned a lot of times by SI that when Beta gets updated to full game tonight, that full game will have updated code.

Just over six hours to go and I can barely contain myself. The Beta before the update was terrible, the update made it just about playable for me. Waiting for midnight and the change list is killing me. I don't ever remember being this excited about a release of Football Manager because I can see the potential in this year's version. Part of me hopes for a much improved match engine come midnight, the other part, the part that has to get up tomorrow at 0530 for work, hopes it's rubbish.

Just over six hours to go and I can barely contain myself. The Beta before the update was terrible, the update made it just about playable for me. Waiting for midnight and the change list is killing me. I don't ever remember being this excited about a release of Football Manager because I can see the potential in this year's version. Part of me hopes for a much improved match engine come midnight, the other part, the part that has to get up tomorrow at 0530 for work, hopes it's rubbish.

Nearly hoyed in 70 hours of the beta, really enjoyed it, got a cracking team going; really the launch for me is all about getting my hands on the editor and creating a FM in my vision, so that's what i'll be doing in the next 24 hours with FM.

I thought I had it bad getting up at 630! Boss asked me come in at 7 instead of 8 tomorrow about 5mins before I left today!! Gutted I was, Gonna be on it till 1am maximum! (I hope) haha

The full game will be pretty much the same. There will be changes, but that's basically it.

Just started season 3 and them 3 have come to me (Norwich), a mid table prem team on loan. Weird enough, but what is worse is that they are all a lot weaker than they were, and i mean loads weaker! Grant Holt edges Ibra out of the team, and Sneijder can't get past Johnny Howson for a spot in the side! Can there be something to control this? I appreciate they will have declined if they have been injuerd/ didn't play much, but this is ridiculous!

I find some of the transfer dealings strange in FM13. For example, Walcott and Huntelaar happily sign new contracts within the first few days when there is growing suspicions that they may move in real life. Players like Kaká are not on the transfer list when Mourinho has said that he is in real life. There are also inconsistancies between the normal version and FMC, where José Callejón is on the transfer list on FMC, but not on the normal version.

The game has crashed 3 times for me already (2 XML parsing and another one) which is concerning.

I find some of the transfer dealings strange in FM13. For example, Walcott and Huntelaar happily sign new contracts within the first few days when there is growing suspicions that they may move in real life. Players like Kaká are not on the transfer list when Mourinho has said that he is in real life. There are also inconsistancies between the normal version and FMC, where José Callejón is on the transfer list on FMC, but not on the normal version.

The game has crashed 3 times for me already (2 XML parsing and another one) which is concerning.

Report in bugs forums anything you feel is not right. Crashes espeacially. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Release-Beta-and-Demo-Bugs-Forum

Just started season 3 and them 3 have come to me (Norwich), a mid table prem team on loan. Weird enough, but what is worse is that they are all a lot weaker than they were, and i mean loads weaker! Grant Holt edges Ibra out of the team, and Sneijder can't get past Johnny Howson for a spot in the side! Can there be something to control this? I appreciate they will have declined if they have been injuerd/ didn't play much, but this is ridiculous!

That bothers me a lot too. I wish the older players joining clubs in China, USA, Australia etc for a final pay day happened more in the game.

Will there be a small data update ie sean dyche to burnley eddie howe to bournmouth and the other manager moves round

No, this sort of data was finalized a few weeks back so there won't be any changes until the next data update. (Probably after the January Transfer window)

Question, how does Smith score from here, the ball is highlighted and it’s not been passed back. My third goal also rather strange as Mansfield’s defender and Gk got confused on the edge of the penalty area and left the ball for Shaw to run past them and score.

Looks like one of the issues with the goalkeepers. This aspect should be fixed in tonights update so you shouldn't see it again.. hopefully. :thup:

Just be patient as everyone. Wait for the mifnight UK time and I'm sure there will be a changelist in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Yeah, I am patient, no push on developers since I am sure they are trying their best to get it all together.

I was just wondering if there is a list of the things that's being fixed.

Yeah, I am patient, no push on developers since I am sure they are trying their best to get it all together.

I was just wondering if there is a list of the things that's being fixed.

The list always used to come couple of minutes after the patch/update was released, so it will be like that this time as well. :)

This is kind of weird.

I was playing as Real Madrid yesterday and C. Ronaldo got Red Card in the first leg of Spanish Super Cup.

& I am playing as Barcelona today and Ronaldo got Red Card against me in the first leg of Spanish Super Cup too

:| what is wrong with him? or is this something programmed?

Don't mind losing these types of games maybe once or twice a season......but all too common disappointingly.

http://i50.tinypic.com/kehf10.jpg

I agree to a point, in fact was just about to post this...

s3hnrd.jpg

I played the Demo through as Man Utd and lost/drew quite a few like this, was hoping this kind of thing was going to be seen a lot less in FM13.

I have to excuse the game for yours, they had 3 ccc's which may well have been tap-ins and it does'nt say how many shots you had from distance, still frustrating if its happening all the time though.

So to confirm all the problems will definitely be fixed when the game is released tommorow. Right?

No way all problems are going to be fixed. No such thing as a bugless software. SI will give their best shot though.

Archived