*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

This update is definitely save game compatible?

Updates like this are always save game compatible. It's just data changes (ie in February for January transfer window) that tend to not be save game compatible.

Glad to see crosses have been fixed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifteen games into my first season with Luton, I always start in the Blue square, I’m playing a 4 2 3 1 system short passing, high tempo game with high time wasting to slow down the play in my half. So far won twelve, drawn three but with only three clean sheets. Firstly I have to say this is the most immersive FM I’ve played, the first time I’ve really felt like I’m having proper interaction with my staff. I don’t have issues with the training, it’s taken some getting used too but it seems realistic to me to hire staff to coach and for them get on with the job, thus leaving the manager in a more supervisory role. In this version I check back and talk with staff far more often and they have a much better range of advice to give, scouting also seems much more immersive and realistic, as well as more of a joint exercise with my staff, in earlier versions I mainly by-passed scouts and did it myself.

THE MATCH ENGINE

Firstly its looks much better and again more immersive, however the bugs do need some sorting, most of my goals conceded have come from crosses or the ball rebounding of the keeper not to mention the ones I find most irritating, the keeper is asked to pass or throw to the defence, they knock the ball around for a bit then under little or no pressure it gets passed back to the keeper who also under no pressure hoofs the ball up the pitch giving away possession immediately, the opposition then runs past my static defence and keeper and scores.

Seems to me that many of the problems in regards unrealistic attacking play comes from the inability of the defence to tackle, mark tightly or press the ball, fix that and the ratio of goals from crosses should drop. Proper marking tackling and pressing should also cut the pass completion rate; this is way too high for players in all but the top teams and even then rarely. On saying that for me, one of the great pleasures in the game is to try to get a side together that even in the lower leagues bears some kind of resemblance to Barcelona, scouting, comparing and trying to buy players that will play the beautiful game is far more interesting than winning leagues and cups.

Post this then try the update

Match engine still unplayable, arguably worse! Goals still coming from crosses, players not listening to tacticss/ instructions, more errors including players standing still and then just getting tackled! Other than the match engine, i love the game, just unplayable until all bugs are fixed or the fm12 match engine is implemented in the game

Well it could be you've not actually got the new version ;)

But anyway, it's too early to say after a few games what the match engine is like. Need to run a half season or more to determine whether it genuinely is worse or better.... Some matches might just be dominated by crossed goals anyway - they shouldn't go away altogether.

Well it could be you've not actually got the new version ;)

But anyway, it's too early to say after a few games what the match engine is like. Need to run a half season or more to determine whether it genuinely is worse or better.... Some matches might just be dominated by crossed goals anyway - they shouldn't go away altogether.

what you on about "it could be youve not got the new version" ... im writing in this thread because ive got the update you muppet, if i didnt have the latest version why would i write in here

Ummm, just updated, when i watch previous results that have already been played, the scoreline is completely different, for example, as Torquay i drew 1-1 with Plymouth, after the update re-watching this already played fixture resulted in a 4-0 win for Torquay even though the scoreline said 1-1... ???

Is this good? Who are you playing as?

On first glance it seems like the ME might now be too easy....

Everton, and if anything, counter attacks may be a bit too easy, though it could be from chelsea pushing to equalise as the 2nd and 3rd goals were in the last 15 mins

what you on about "it could be youve not got the new version" ... im writing in this thread because ive got the update you muppet, if i didnt have the latest version why would i write in here

You seem to be the only person saying there's no change or possibly worse..... Still I wouldn't jump to conclusions after a couple of games - that would mean I was a muppet.....

Dude, sort your attitude out.

It was a perfectly reasonable (and polite) response, and seeing as the old feedback thread was closed this is the only official feedback thread to use, so you could have easily found this was the only place to post your issues (old version or new).

If you have any issues why not post them in the bugs forum and contribute.

There's a wink at the end there Kermit, ie. KIDDING :rolleyes:

TBH I wasn't joking all that much - it's easy for someone to open Steam, and run the game having assumed the update has finished downloading.

There've been a fair few finger malfunctions with this and FM doesn't attract the most computer savvy players - like the guy who was convinced he couldn't access the beta at all and wanted a refund yada yada - he had his library filtered to only show installed games and FM wasn't showing up being he hadn't installed it yet...

Easily done if you're not familiar with Steam.

My first game after the update, and my defenders defended some crosses. I didn't concede a goal from a cross, because my defense knew what they were doing. Before the update, I was conceding 2+ goals from crosses in each game. My keeper made some saves as well, which is new for him :p

• Administrators

We're having some Internet problems at SI Towers (worst timing ever!) so am currently posting from my phone. Apologies if we're not very active on the forums for a little while but we're working to get things back up and running soon. Thanks.

We're having some Internet problems at SI Towers (worst timing ever!) so am currently posting from my phone. Apologies if we're not very active on the forums for a little while but we're working to get things back up and running soon. Thanks.

That's the spirit well done bet your phone bill will be huge!!

I dont think its the goals from crosses that was broken, it was the awful positioning of the full backs that was the culprit in my eyes. FB cuts out the crossing like any normal FB would try to do = less goals from crosses.

I dont think its the goals from crosses that was broken, it was the awful positioning of the full backs that was the culprit in my eyes. FB cuts out the crossing like any normal FB would try to do = less goals from crosses.

I agree it was just the defending that was the issue, no-one closing the crosser and noone noticing the other striker/winger in yards of space at the back post, barely ever goals from headers.

I saw hunners of playing skying over headers from crosses from 2 yards out, so I hope it is defending has been toned up instead of crossing/heading toned down.

second game in my career and ended 0-0 so theroy of too many goals is out - yay. If this is what came out in beta I think people would be more impressed. Still a few issues needing ironed out (too much players sliding over the pitch) but I'm much more pleased and confident that si have and will impove this in another patch - hopefully in another two weeks time:)

I have just witnessed more of the same i am affraid SI. Crosses going straight in the back of the net, long through balls from the opposition going straight through to the striker and instead of the keeper rushing out in an attempt to save it he just stands still and waits for the advancing striker to score. I have been playing tis game now for years and have to say that i am hugely disappointed in this years M.E. The user interface is good but the M.E makes the game unplayable. Sorry am just being honest. Please fix these issues.

Hi. I'm brazilian, so I'm sorry for my English. I have a question: will i need to start a new game to see the corrections on the match engine?

If this isn't the right place to ask, i'm sorry.

EDIT: Sorry for my double post.

Hi. I'm brazilian, so I'm sorry for my English. I have a question: will i need to start a new game to see the corrections on the match engine?

If this isn't the right place to ask, i'm sorry.

I think you can carry on with your old save, just clear your cache firts.

Just want to say thank you devs and mods. Been quite a few insults thrown around but if you need further evidence that SIgames care, this is it. I mean what kind of company releases an update for their beta a week before release? When SIgames said they are looking into it, I must confess that I thought they were the biggest liars in town. As if you would release an update for a beta. It just isn't worth it. So glad I have been proven wrong and must commend you fellas for the effort. Time to jump in again.

I have just witnessed more of the same i am affraid SI. Crosses going straight in the back of the net, long through balls from the opposition going straight through to the striker and instead of the keeper rushing out in an attempt to save it he just stands still and waits for the advancing striker to score. I have been playing tis game now for years and have to say that i am hugely disappointed in this years M.E. The user interface is good but the M.E makes the game unplayable. Sorry am just being honest. Please fix these issues.

I had the same issue...with the keeper not rushing out...BUT.. maybe you havent updated the BETA as such

Im certain SI has fixed this issue

Ill still not bother with the beta then, I have played 3 games on the whole thing and never went back. The amount of goals is ridiculous

I'd still give the beta a go mate even more so now with it been updated you never know :) the more feed back the better

I'm yet to play with the update. But does this new update mean that wide wingers are ineffective on FM once more? And you will very rarely see any headed goals from crosses, even playing as West Ham? :p

On the past few FM's, playing without widemen and overloading the middle, were always the best/most successful tactics..

I best get started on creating a narrow/wingerless formation. :(

I'm having a slight hitch with the new update, in pre-match team selection screen, for my starting 11 only the players surnames are displayed. The first initials are displaying for the subs just not the starting 11. Not a big problem but just something I've noticed.

Match engine improvements are good thus far, no phantom "goals" yet :)

Can we get detailed info about changes relating to the DoF please ?

Mine is still useless...

The quality of DoF highly depends on his CA. So if you sign some kid from the block he is going to be completely useless, but if you sign some "monster" that it's a different story.

If you are talking about some other issue, then I'm sorry that I couldn't help :D

Sorry if im being thick, is this the demo out now or is this another pre order update, just wondering if I can play the demo now.

I think this is only a pre release BETA update. I believe that SI will announce when DEMO comes out.

Archived