Wayne Rooney has done nothing for us since 2004

Baptista_8

Below average, sluggish sloppy performances.

Costing the team with poor attitude/stupid suspensions.

I'd have bought him off for either Ox or Defoe yesterday if half our team weren't so shattered.

I'd take the Rooney from 2004 over the one in 2012 any day of the week.

Don't really think that he has a poor attitude but obviously the stamp on Carvalho and him being suspended for the first few games wasn't very helpful. He didn't have the best of games yesterday but its hard as a striker when you're living on scraps from Carroll headers and being marked by two centre backs all the time. Also didn't help him that England rarely pushed up so when he did get the ball he was outnumbered and 40 yards from goal. Obviously, he did have probably one of our best chances yesterday but we didn't really try to attack other than set pieces. I think he played better for England in the Euro's because he was allowed to go where he wanted rather than be the main goalscoring striker and was more aggressive with his dribbling and more direct. Maybe we need to be more attacking to get the best out of him and risk us conceding a few more than trying to win 1-0 etc from set pieces or counter attacks

someone would have brought on a winger in Chamberlain for Rooney.

Clever that.

Wow, someone playing in a different position to their natural one!

He couldn't have been much worse than Rooney, and could definitely see him playing the behind the striker role very well. We needed something more than what Rooney was offering, which was very little.

He was a much better spontaneous (good word) forward than he is a composed play-maker. He'll naturally get involved in the game when played up-front, but he's been told to do too much of that, looks like he slows play down too much.

tbf to him, every time he got the ball yesterday he was just surrounded by players. I don't think he has been as poor as people make out since 2004, but of course, underachieved. Bearing in mind he was PFA runner up this year, winner two years ago and outstanding the last half of the 10-11 season, you have to ask questions about England too.

We need to stop relying on players to win matches and start winning them as a team, any attacking unit we can field is better with Rooney involved if they actually play as a unit, rather than giving him the ball 4v1 and expecting him to win it. He's not someone who creates chances from nothing, he creates chances for others as a by-product of trying to get on the end of things and score goals, something he's (by a quite pathetically colossal distance considering the size of our country) the best in England at.

He's our only 20 goal a season striker, we need to start providing for him and stop expecting him to do a central midfielders job because ours isn't good enough.

Wiki says no: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)#Goalscorers

Joint second with Dzeko, behind a Greek fella :D Amazing stuff.

7 against Kazakhstan, Andorra, Belarus

Oh and 2 against Croatia

Does it count if you only show up to the pre-party?

Rooney is talented as hell, but he hasn't shown up since 2006. Unlike other strikers, he's regressing with age in England's shirt

He needs to start scoring in tournaments, not in the glorified qualifier ceremonies

I was reading from Wiki, otherwise why would I talk about the sh*t teams he scored against in the Qs

I was talking about his goalscoring first before getting to the last sentence about his tournaments and he scored after WC 2006 against Holland, innit?

Archived