Wayne Rooney has done nothing for us since 2004

Baptista_8

All of the so called golden generation has done nothing, and I can't wait until they all are gone.
Harsh on Lampard and Cole.

Well considering all the hype many of those "world class" players England had for the last decade or so, the end product has been disappointing to say the least.

Forget the clubs, because it's pretty obvious the biggest factor behind English clubs winning in European Cups were foreign stars, with probably the partial exception of Beckham at United and Gerrard at Liverpool.

With the NT pretty much none of the "Stars" managed to shine because, let's be honest, you can't turn a handful of remarkable supporting acts into a group of leaders.

Add the chronic lack of a proper manager [you had one in Capello, finally, but oh no he's not English and he's a bit of a hardass, let's get rid of him!] and there you go...

A group of stagefrightened detueragonists directed by quite inadequate directors will always fluff their lines and deliver a poor show.

Capello got a deserved backlash. To qualify impressively he then went and contacted all the old timers and made a real mess out of things tactically as well as on a personal level. I am still astounded at the naivety of our defending after getting back to 2-1 at half-time against Germany.

I am not sure he totally repaired that. FA made him wait for a stamp of approval rather than saying you're in/out and then went on to go on about an English Manager. I think his departure was alright for both sides. Not sure he was totally into it at that stage and FA were like 'know what, it's alright if you leave'

I think everyone realised it's not the qualification that is an issue. We are gonna get there but were we sure Capello would be any better in a tournament? Luckily for him he left before we knew the answer to that

Archived