Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Hopefully I not missed the right thread and posting here in the wrong one...

I made a project with mor than 5700 new players researched and added. So I spent much time in the editor.

- What I am missing there is the ability to show the players faces and the club logos which are in the document folders. This would make much things easier. Maybe with an option to turn the graphics off for low end machines.

- There are database entries for names (surnames and forenames). These entries should be editible and expandable for all users. There are so many nations where these lists are really too small. I don't see any reason why this should not be able for user to manage like any player or club. The best would be to have a CSV or something like that to could inlcude new names on the fly for save games.

- Showing (with colors or something else) how the player attributes are weighted. Just like they are in the research tools.

- Also having a hint which PA is mentioned would be nice.

Now the game:

- What I really miss for especially non pro clubs is that I cannot have youth player in my youth team which are not earning money. And if it is necessary to give them money I think 3.400 €/p.a. is really too much for a club where the first team players earn less then that... In some teers the youth player should not earn money. This incident destroy every money management of amateur clubs because you cannot hold youth players and also got no money to buy from other clubs. Also destroys this the club phylosophie to integrate own youth players.

- Contracts: A new option for transfer fees. E.g. after first season the player could go by fix fee X€ and after second season for Y€.

- If a player is not contracted and get no club which is paying the money he is wishing, then he should make some reasonable compromise and get to a club which is paying less or have not a great reputation before he still is unemployed.

- Possibility to include own fan sounds and goal hymns.

I have used the pre-game editor to make media files, and I think it would be a great benefit if it was possible filter & sort media sources by country and local region. It would also make it easier to create realistic media coverage if media sources could be assigned to more than 1 city. In my opinion medias' city and local region data should be visible within the game.

I have used the pre-game editor to make media files, and I think it would be a great benefit if it was possible filter & sort media sources by country and local region.

It is already...

It is already...

As far as I can see it isn't. Of course there is always a possibility that I'm wrong - would you mind elaborating your point?

As far as I can see it isn't. Of course there is always a possibility that I'm wrong - would you mind elaborating your point?

I checked it now with my editor open.

Country is not possible. There you are right. But filtering the local region is possible.

I checked it now with my editor open.

Country is not possible. There you are right. But filtering the local region is possible.

In FM14 it was possible to filter by local region, but that feature has been absent (at least I have not noticed it) from the FM15 editor presumably because media sources can now have more than one local region. Has the function been re-introduced? Do you have it in the "add condition" drop-down menu in the "edit filter" options? I can't see it anywhere, but then again I might not have the very latest version of the editor.

In FM14 it was possible to filter by local region, but that feature has been absent (at least I have not noticed it) from the FM15 editor presumably because media sources can now have more than one local region. Has the function been re-introduced? Do you have it in the "add condition" drop-down menu in the "edit filter" options? I can't see it anywhere, but then again I might not have the very latest version of the editor.

Ok, if that possibility was killed in FM15 you must excuse. :(

I have checked in FM14 editor. So your wish to reimplement is good.:thup:

When you begin and enter your profile you obivously put where you were born...... now other than being able to view this on your profile this data is pretty sort of needless in a way even though it is a nice touch but...............what if this was used as an added dimension with regard to job offers.... for example your from london but currently say managing carlisle ..... and after a while you want get the imaginary itch to get closer to london, so clubs could possibly sound you out say like orient, southend to see if you would be interested in moving closer to home etc if they ever were to change manager and if you would be willing to move if compensation could be agreed or something along those lines. Probably haven't explained this very well and I dare say it is kind of similar to having the favourite clubs choices but thought I would throw it out there anyhow. cheers

Ok, if that possibility was killed in FM15 you must excuse. :(

I have checked in FM14 editor. So your wish to reimplement is good.:thup:

Especially the local region filtering (and sorting) would be very good to have simply to easily keep track of what sort of balance of media sources of different scopes different local regions have. :thup:

Report transfer terms as undisclosed.

If I'm trying to unload players I don't want/need, I will take below asking price, which could cause fans to complain about the fee I accepted. An option to not release to the public would be nice.

Offer a player to clubs without said player knowing.

Gauging interest on a player is hard, since if you offer him up, he becomes aware and potentially destroys your locker room morale. There should be a way to shop players without them finding out.

Publically call out anybody through the media.

There should be an option to publically criticize or praise anybody in the game, at any time. Referees, coaches, owners, reporters, players, agents, leagues, anybody.

Fine players for poor training.

There should be an option to fine a player for poor training habits, not just poor game form. Maybe after a few fines that slack 16 year old will develop some work ethic, or perhaps leave the club so he can eat Cheez-Its and watch The Office re-runs.

Time wasting needs work.

Too often I will select 'waste time' while trying to see out a game and players will run up the field, cut inside and take a wild shot, instead of dribbling to the corner to hold the ball or passing it around the back. If I select 'waste time', players should prioritize that and not attempt risky forward passes 3 seconds after winning the ball back.

Upgrading the grounds crew.

Ten matches into league play and my field is in shambles after being relaid in the summer. I would love to bring in some more guys to take care of the field so it can be nurtured through the season instead of completely unplayable by mid-October.

Time Zones in Preferences

It will be nice to be able to choose a time-zone so the hours when the matches are being played are after the timezone from what country you're playing (in real life) :)

When i sign a player, all old scouting reports are unretrievable. I would like to see why I was attracted by a player, even when his stars have diminished from 4 to 2 stars.

Also this could be a nice graph, how his star rating evolves over time.

Grtz

I would also like a visual representation of where my scouts are active (on the world map, so I can minimise the travel movements)

I'd like the possibility to fully specify the languages I speak when starting a new game. As it is now, I start as a Dutch manager and the game decides I'm fluent in Dutch, English, and German; no way to remove or alter one of those. I think this is unnecessary, because the possibility of adding second and more languages is already there. Just have one language pre-selected, and leave adding more to the user. Even the first language should be able to be altered. Just because someone has a certain nationality doesn't necessarily mean they're fluent in the language, or speak it at all.

I don't see the point in restricting the scouting to a maximum of 500 players, because I can scout those and if I select other 500 I add them to the scouting pool too.

Removing this limit would make it easier to scout large amounts of players without having to select groups of 500 each time.

Player positioning

Player positioning on the pitch, offensively and defensively, is so important for your team to play how and where you want. It's something Pep Guardiola talks about constantly, and obsessively.

One of the older versions of the game had this option, where the pitch was split into 12 segments, 4 down and 3 across. Then when you click on a segment, it shows the team shape if the ball was in that segment (for both offensively and defensively). I'd love to see this brought back. It brought me a lot of success for things like positioning the attacking mid in the 6 yard box when a winger is delivering the ball from the byline, and putting the striker on the far post etc. Also useful for dropping my anchor man back into defence when defending deep to be a false centreback etc.

Please bring it back.

this would be great.

Maybe an option to send some players out to warm up before we pick who to substitute on? Probably would seem like just a gimmick but would be good to have a feature like this in-game.

I've recently gotten a new stadium and it's also gotten some expansion.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a 3D tour of the ground so we could admire the new stands etc? This would require not too much designing/coding. It would basically be match engine with no players and the stadium in focus (this is already done on the beginning of matches when director camera is selected) perhaps with a few basic navigation buttons like zoom in/out, rotate and such. Think Google Earth.

As an additional feature, you could have a "time travel" option which would show how the ground was (re)developed over time.

Thanks for reading - I hope someone on the SI team likes the idea :)

Maybe an option to send some players out to warm up before we pick who to substitute on? Probably would seem like just a gimmick but would be good to have a feature like this in-game.

Seems rather fiddly to me, an annoyingly unnecessary extra step. Especially as players IRL warm up throughout the game. Better to assume that when you make a substitution the player has completed his warm up, and the appropriate paperwork completed as has the fourth officials inspection of the players equipment. The only way that I think the warm up can be represented from a game play perspective is that a player coming on for an injured player hasn't gone for their warm up. So they may take longer to get up to speed with the game, or be more susceptible to injury themselves. Which may already be in the game, just not very obviously.

add brazilian fourth division

it's a profissional league! Conference south and north are semipro and are in database.

It's nothing to do with whether it's professional or not, it's more about whether there's enough Brazilian volunteers who know about the fourth division to research it for SI to an acceptable standard.

in fact we have a Brazilian official and unofficial research very intense. The real difficulty is that the participating teams of the fourth division are classified from the state championships. The Brazilian fourth division does not have a league or pyramid shape as the other divisions alongthe world and it seems that the SI does not want to spend time developing this specific format of the brazilian fourth division.

It's nothing to do with whether it's professional or not, it's more about whether there's enough Brazilian volunteers who know about the fourth division to research it for SI to an acceptable standard.

Perhaps it could be made so that the unique ids (when turned on from the preferences) would be copied on the clipboard when they are clicked on?

As time is coming for the last update...

I wish we could edit club names with the In-Game Editor. We can change player, staff, stadium names, why not Club Names as well. I saw some clubs created with pre-game editor and I CAN'T CHANGE their names with lnc files. Seems the lnc files only work with clubs that are from the original SI datababse.

I won't be starting a new game of course, but I really would like to change some names. Hopefully someone from SI reads this thread.

I would like to create custom training roles of attributes i think are important, instead of choosing like 10 attributes by choosing an individual role or a specific attribute to train, i would like to be able to make my own. An example would be i would like my DC to train Tackling, Positioning, Marking and Jumping Reach only, so i could create that and put all my DC's on it.

Please, please make it easier to find staff/scouts with a knowledge of an area

When a player corners you to talk about something, it would be nice to be able to pull references to what they are talking about so you can know what they are talking about.

E.g just had a player complain to me that he wants a better contract. The player and I already had run-ins prior in the year and he was on my hatelist so naturally I chose to dismiss his complains, after the conversation I looked at his contract and turns out he was right, his current contract is quite bad. It would have been nice if what the player wants to talk about is presented during the conversation. e.g not getting enough appearances, show his appearance total and average performances to date.

When a player corners you to talk about something, it would be nice to be able to pull references to what they are talking about so you can know what they are talking about.

E.g just had a player complain to me that he wants a better contract. The player and I already had run-ins prior in the year and he was on my hatelist so naturally I chose to dismiss his complains, after the conversation I looked at his contract and turns out he was right, his current contract is quite bad. It would have been nice if what the player wants to talk about is presented during the conversation. e.g not getting enough appearances, show his appearance total and average performances to date.

You can already click the player and bring up his page and all that information then return to the conversation.

Dynamic Competition history in clubs (i.e. as the club improves and wins better quality competitions, old, extinct or more minor competitions need to drop off) so that things like old english south aren't included. Maybe for clubs over a certain reputation competitions under a certain reputation should be removed. Also order them by reputation so that capital one cup isn't after old english south...

Add this for manager's history to show the number of times you have won each other cups

Allow history of each cup in both. So at the moment it shows league history but if you click on say champions league or FA cup it should show your history in the same way

Add total apps, scorer for competitions like the league - I can see that my prolific striker has broken my club records but I can't see where he is against Henry, Shearer, Cole etc... Has my long-term centre back caught up with the late great Gary Speed...?

Club and career history overviews like the season stats option that currently exists

You can already click the player and bring up his page and all that information then return to the conversation.
Nope, when I click away from the screen, the conversation ends. Every other conversation I can do this in but with players, the conversation always ends.

Apologies if this is already in here (I still play FM11 until my kids are a bit more grown up and I actually get time to properly play) but I've just had a bid accepted by my chairman for my best player. I know it happens in real life but I'd like an option to talk to him and tell him my disgust at the paltry offer he accepted (or just my disgust at it anyway) and even go so far as threaten to resign if the bid goes through.

A player-manager role for human managers. At the moment, the game have reputations like Sunday League footballer, ex-international and etc, why not the player-manager? Player-manager role are pretty common nowadays too, especially in the lower leagues. Ryan Giggs was also a player-manager for awhile last season.

Attributes will be set randomly by the position that human manager selects. IE, a defender will get better defensive attributes. His attributes must at least be decent enough for him to play in the league/club he manages.

Being a FMC player now, maybe this can be some sort of an unlockable. :D

I think that the whole Fluidity concept needs an overhaul. Instead, we should have separate instructions for vertical compactness, creative freedom (in some way, maybe not as it was earlier) and other instructions affected by Fluidity. Also, horizontal spread (narrow-wide) should be looked into, teams should still be able to play narrow formation (narrow 4-4-2, for example) without focusing the passes through the middle. Fluidity just isn't right. Instructions for controling space between the lines and width should be improved. Think of Sacchi, whole team in 25x25m.

I guess this is more suitable to this thread.

There seem to have been a lot of threads like this recently where people clearly don't know/understand how qualification out of the Group Stage works in the European competitions when three teams finish level on points. It'd be a nice touch if, a few days before the final match (when you receive the match preparation news item) the game sent you a new item reminding you of how qualification works, with particular detail where the scenario has the potential to be complicated, and what you need to do to get a certain position. So in the case above it'd say something like:

Should Leverkusen, Juventus and Swansea all finish level on points, the Champions League head-to-head rules stipulate that the final positions will be decided using a mini-league compiled of the results between them, and ignoring those against Club Brugge who are already guaranteed to finish bottom. Therefore:

If Leverkusen lose or draw against Clube Brugge, Juventus and Swansea will both qualify for the next stage. Because of Swansea's win against Juventus earlier in the Group Stage, they know that a draw in this situation will see them win the group, whereas Juventus must win the match to come 1st. The top team in the group will be rewarded with a superior seeding in the First Knockout Round, and will be guaranteed to play the first leg away from home.

If however Leverkusen are victorious in Brussels, the winner of thee Juventus-Swansea match will qualify as group winners, with Leverkusen securing 2nd place and the losers from Juventus-Swansea having to settle for 3rd spot and a place in the Europa League First Knockout Round.

Should Leverkusen win away to Club Brugge and the Juventus-Swansea game end in a draw, all three of these teams will finish level on 11 points. Therefore, a new table shall be used that excludes the results against bottom-placed Club Brugge. The three remaining teams will be sorted based on goal difference and then goals scored within this mini-table. As Leverkusen have already played both Juventus and Swansea twice, they will in such a mini-table finish with a goal difference of 1. Meanwhile, Juventus and Swansea would finish with goal differences of 0 and -1 respectively, since neither of their tallies would change following a draw. Therefore, should all three teams finish on 11 points, Leverkusen will win the group, with Juventus qualifying alongside them and Swansea having to settle for the Europa League.

(This paragraph would of course be longer in GD was also on course to be equal, because then it'd go to goals scored which can be affected by these matches. In such a case, or where GD can change because on of the head-to-head teams needs to beat another for 3 teams to be equal, the exact parameters needed in comparison to the concurrent match should be stated. Where goals scored may also be equal, goals scored away from home between the teams also needs to be considered).

(In more complex situations, this'd be followed be a paragraph on the criteria should even the mini-league be equal: overall GD, then overall Goals Scored, then UEFA Coefficient. I've never ever seen it go this far, but should even the Coefficient be equal somehow then it should go to a drawing of lots between the two teams in questions immediately prior to the draw for the next round).

Then, if they are currently disabled, it'd be nice to have the following line added:

Your assistant reccomends that you enable some additional Match Feed Notifications for the next game, so that you receive updates on the score from the concurrent match and the live league table positions.

The buttons at the bottom should then be "Show Table", "Show Results", and "Enable Notifications".

This could also impact the match preparation news item, which would ideally immediately follow this in your inbox. For instance:

"Your assistant would normally recommend practising the defence of set plays due to the opposition's strength in this area. However, due to the fact Swansea are likely to need a victory against the defensively tight Juventus to progress to the next round, whereas they know that a draw would be enough to secure progress, you may wish to consider instead preparing your team's attacking movement in an effort to break them down".

Something similar could be implemented for the last few crucial games in a league campaign, although there is generally far less potential for confusion.

A thing people asked for since FM08 from what i remember. Dynamic rivalries ! If for 10 years i'm battling for the title with a team that isn't on my rivals list, they should become one, if not a fierce rival ! It would be a breath of fresh air.

why don't numbers have any affect on players, for example when some high profile players move to a new club, but get given an unusual number there is no difference, but for a player like di maria who moved to man united which has a huge history in the number 7, surely that would have an affect on his morale.

but players do have preferred numbers, like fellaini (25) and valencia (25). surely a players morale could be boosted by being given his favourite number.

some players are given absurd numbers, and there numbers change every season at not controled clubs, this could fix that problem.

there could also be a fan influence.

players could become confused if a manager changes there number too often, or if they get moved to their favourite number or a historic number, they could be glad.

some numbers mean different things in countries, maybe that could be implemented.

but i would also take a look at some cases like david de gea for example. his favourite number is 13, but he is obviously going to always stay as number 1.

why can't you manage u18, u21 clubs, this would be good for journeyman careers. also u21, u18 internationals

how about player careers, where you choose important choices, or even just a quick player design before managing, like design your player, what they did, who they played for, and how long

how about an option to do live transfers. i don't now how to name it but basically when you start a game after the winter update, you don't start with the players, but instead...

they slowly join as future transfers on the date they are in real life.

this could also be for the normal game, so players like welbeck could be available on the first game of the season and then later sold

what about the ability to do cheeky tactics, such as the trowing on the players back, corner touches to be able to dribble the ball. or simply touching the ball at a free kick before shooting

tutorials for different countries would help, or just reminders that it docent work like it does in your home country.

for example i try to play in america and get so confused on the drafting

It's not one suggestion one post you know :p

Or are you trying to rack up your post total? haha.

why can't you manage u18, u21 clubs, this would be good for journeyman careers. also u21, u18 internationals

You can manage u21 and u18 international squad.

i got ideas as i went, i was writing, pressed send, and then was like, ooh what about this

MAPS please, when i manage away from England i would love to see where the 2 teams are based and maybe some more info like miles, i have asked many times before and never been knocked back but i just thought id throw it in the hat again, i would even do the job for near minimum wage ;)

Nope, when I click away from the screen, the conversation ends. Every other conversation I can do this in but with players, the conversation always ends.

You can then turn to the player en click on the interaction menu, there your conversation is visible again