Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
- User now gets to pick their feeder club when the board agree to allow the user to pick their own team rather than just pick from suggested clubs.

Can you tell me if the success rate when I do pick my own club has increased from previous versions? Do we need to check club reputation in FMRTE to make sure that the target club is in a proper range compared to our club, because the gap between the lower levels of "National" and "Continental" is so immense that it is not very useful. I suppose over half the clubs in the world have "national" reputation...

Maybe the board could hint a bit as to what kind of club they would think realistic?

I think the system is similar to previous versions, so you'd have to take certain factors into account. If for you that means using FMRTE then so be it.

I think the system is similar to previous versions, so you'd have to take certain factors into account. If for you that means using FMRTE then so be it.

I won't, but given the randomness of that option I really should if I ever decide to try it again. I opt to let the board find clubs as of now.

2 major problems:

1. No idea why but I can't offer contracts to free staff ?! It's written that I have to wait until a team accepts my offer... WTF ?!

2. max staff number has decreased radically: being a top team i only have 6 staff members now and can't get more. Also no option to ask for more staff...

The starting world reputation for Sunday league is now 0, so if you start a new game you'll get the full effects of that.

Whereas if you continue a game where you started with Sunday League at a higher number, which may now be higher if you have done ok, it will be a bit easier to motivate your players than if you restart.

Thanks for the answer, I created a new game and I got some job offers that I would think I shouldn't (an second-league Argentinean team, Gimnasia (J)), but maybe it has a low reputation. I did notice that at least there were less teams interested than before!

Okay this has turned into a fully fledged nightmare for me.

I went to uninstall Football Manager 2012, Steam still recognises it despite all the files having been removed as per the FAQ on here, and wants to download the update. Which can't happen... As per the original bloody problem.

So I go to uninstall Steam and start completely from scratch. Done that, go to install again, that's fine. It then won't finish the update of Steam itself to open. So I'm now stuck without Football Manager and without Steam.

This all happened with the last patch as well. I cannot be expected to go through all of this each time a patch is released. It's an absolute joke.

I am really, really fed up with this. Using Steam to run this game is a massive mistake, and I sincerely hope Sports Interactive take all of the complaints its had on board and decide to ditch it for 2013. If not, I can't see myself buying it. I don't think it's worth the hassle, the time or the money.

My thanks to Neil Brock however for his attempts to help.

I have no idea what you have done with the latest patch, but you've totally changed something...for the worse.

I currently play Football Manager 2012 with 'Default Player Selection' set to 'attributes', and 'Default Team Selection' set to 'squad', in Preferences > General.

These are the settings I've used since the game was launched with no problem at all. I hear that the latest patch was released today, launch the game, only to find something shocking staring right back at me. You've changed the player positions to portrait, where as before it was landscape. This now looks like it's been squeezed into a space it's clearly not designed for, and the coloured circles which reflect if they are comfortable in playing in the positions, now cover the letters like 'AMC' etc. To say it looks messy would be an understatement, and why it has changed is beyond my knowledge or understanding.

23rsht4.jpg

Please can you tell me how to rectify it my end? Or please change it your end. To inform you, I've deleted my Settings files just in case, and it's still the same.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the editor numerous times and I've also tried verifying the cache - every time I load the editor, it comes up with a green background and I can't clearly read any of the menu options.

Anything else I should be trying?

I've had this too, on top of not having the game at all at the moment, and none of the suggested fixes work.

Can someone remind me what I paid over £30 for? Because I'm sat here with no playable game and Steam is not working.

I've had this too, on top of not having the game at all at the moment, and none of the suggested fixes work.

Can someone remind me what I paid over £30 for? Because I'm sat here with no playable game and Steam is not working.

Sorry you're struggling like this.

My best recommendation at this point would be to speak to someone in Customer Services and have them get a better understanding of your machine and talk you through an installation.

You can find a route to contact them here:

http://www.sega.com/support/

If you drop them a note I'd expect them to respond pretty quick and they'll call you if you request.

Cheers

Matt

last patch destroyed the game for me. When I adjust the budget for more wage, I cannot go back to have more transfer funds for a long time. First I was like OK I guess I ll have go with that but later I could not transfer any players or staff members when I maximized my wages. I also had some problems with arraging friendly matches. and I have these problems as well:

2 major problems:

1. No idea why but I can't offer contracts to free staff ?! It's written that I have to wait until a team accepts my offer... WTF ?!

2. max staff number has decreased radically: being a top team i only have 6 staff members now and can't get more. Also no option to ask for more staff...

So I wanted to go back to the previous patch which was 12.0.4, I believe, but unlike FM 11 when you click start new game, FM12 does not offer you which version of the game you wanna play. I couldn't find a way to choose the previous version of the game or delete the 12.1 version. I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it but I keeps updating the game with 12.1 patch. does anybody know how to get rid of that 12.1?

2 major problems:

i report the same for some reason only allows 1 coach

I am now *OFFICIALLY* pissed off about Football Managers move to the Steam client.

I just tried to open FM2012, but instead I get a message from Steam saying "Game Not Available*

Upon closing this I get another message with a status bar. It says "Updating ~30minutes remaining"

After a couple of minutes, this is replaced by a message saying "Steam Network Busy" and my update is PAUSED.

I am now staring at a game - a SINGLE PLAYER GAME - that I am unable to play due to network issues.

This is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Before Steam, when there was an update available, I could download the update when I felt like it in the background while playing the game. When the download had finished I could then install the update - when I felt like it.

Update all good here. Took less than 2 minutes and completely without any problems. No extraneous issues and skins still work fine. The promotion/relegation colours bars are all fine for me too. Guess I got lucky? ;)

I am in the year 2023 in the Croatian first league and the league still has 27 games and a new patch is supposed to fix it.

I expect a new stadium and I have a very good team for which I have struggled all these years. and how I see the patch only works if

I start from scratch. I do not wish to do this because I am not to blame for that. that's what your problem is not the entire year have not worked so now saving with patchis.

why can not do that that it worked in 2023 in the old save game. I paid money for this game and I expect I get what I paid.

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

Do you mean if i start a new game with say FC UNITED (after they grt promoted) the game will be harder? If so ill start a new game.

PS: any changes on transfer system? I read the whole changleist but didnt see anything, or i missed it. cant grt teams to buy off me but show heaps of interest, and even for 0 its really hard to get rid of them (even the best players)

But an update made a game harder is simply ridiculous.

What made the game easier or harder should be your skill as manager because ALL THIS TIME SI always said that the AI acts the same towards all teams human and computers.

This is not PES or FIFA with difficulty level game. It's a sim.

But an update made a game harder is simply ridiculous.

What made the game easier or harder should be your skill as manager because ALL THIS TIME SI always said that the AI acts the same towards all teams human and computers.

This is not PES or FIFA with difficulty level game. It's a sim.

True but the game Is a tad easy. A little more challenging wouldnt hurt. Can anyone answer my previous post?

Update all good here. Took less than 2 minutes and completely without any problems. No extraneous issues and skins still work fine. The promotion/relegation colours bars are all fine for me too. Guess I got lucky? ;)

Lucky X2!

I had no issues with the update on Steam and the game is functioning just fine!!!

Now back to my Whitecaps save!!!:thup:

Are there any changes (even minor ones) to how the A.I. approaches team building or transfers? Are they a bit more active or able a little better decisions?

I didn't see any mention in the changelist but I'm hoping I missed something or that there's some changes due to other factors fixed.

i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.

even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.

and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.

could please anybody from Si tell me why this happens ? the whole forum in germany is worried about what happened after the latest patch

Very disappointed there aren't any ME changes. I'm sick to the back teeth of my defenders not actually defending!

There are some ME changes, including one to change defenders behaviour at goal kicks to reduce the issue of goal kicks being headed back for one-on-ones. It's mentioned earlier in this thread along with a few other changes by PaulC

How come the 12.1 database is nowhere to be found? What I mean by that is, when you go to start a new game it says the latest version running is 12.0 and then when you go to choose the database you want, the default one is the only option. YET when I do load a new game it says it's running the 12.1 version at the top of my screen. Can someone explain to me why this is?

• SI Staff

I think you need to be looking at big clubs ( Premier League or big Championship ) for it to make a big difference tbh.

Do you mean if i start a new game with say FC UNITED (after they grt promoted) the game will be harder? If so ill start a new game.

PS: any changes on transfer system? I read the whole changleist but didnt see anything, or i missed it. cant grt teams to buy off me but show heaps of interest, and even for 0 its really hard to get rid of them (even the best players)

How come the 12.1 database is nowhere to be found? What I mean by that is, when you go to start a new game it says the latest version running is 12.0 and then when you go to choose the database you want, the default one is the only option. YET when I do load a new game it says it's running the 12.1 version at the top of my screen. Can someone explain to me why this is?

Simply because there is no db updates. So what u see is correct.

There are some ME changes, including one to change defenders behaviour at goal kicks to reduce the issue of goal kicks being headed back for one-on-ones. It's mentioned earlier in this thread along with a few other changes by PaulC
The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery

- Harder to get header on target under pressure

- Better AI attacking corner set-up

- Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction

- Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third

- Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,

Paul

Hmmm, maybe i spoke too soon.... The defensive positioning of my full backs was what was really frustrating me the most recently! I hope this is better now.

Just been trying this out and it's a lot faster than it was before.

Thanks Andy.

I might leave the scout reports to build up a bit longer and see how it goes. Been clearing them out monthly (game time).

But I'm also only Scouting players with 3.5 stars or higher - so not generating as many scout reports as before (3 stars and below).

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery

- Harder to get header on target under pressure

- Better AI attacking corner set-up

- Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction

- Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third

- Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,

Paul

What have you done to long throws? Before the patch I would get the odd goal from them as I have a fullback with long throws 18 and takes flat bullet like throws but now every one is cleared by the defence leading to a counter attack from the other team. Also 2 major problems with throw ins around the area...... the players always set up the same as they do for a corner which I do not want them to anymore as they keep losing the ball and getting counter attacked but I do not want to change my corner set up, I think it is stupid that players always line up the same for throw ins and free kicks from wide areas using your corner instructions! Also if I have a player who trys long flat throws as a pref move then no matter what I set throw ins to, even if I set them to short he stills hurls it into the box which I do not always want him to do if that tactic is not paying off which it never does now the patch is out.

I haven't touched throw ins.

You have touched header efficiency and some defensive positioning anamolies, so it is possible that a corner tactic that worked fine for all three situations in which it is used (corners, throw-ins and indirect free-kicks) is no longer well-balanced and will need a change.

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.

Will these changes take affect in the next season, or they will never take affect unless we start a new game?

Sorry to hear that, I assume you're running in full screen mode? We're aware of the relegation colours and we're looking into it. Very odd as we've not seen this at all internally - when using a default skin does it show up?

Yes it happened on full screen mode, i've tried using the default skin and they still wouldn't show up.

I haven't touched throw ins.

You know as well as I do that you do not need to touch something directly for it to be effected in the match engine. Many times tweaks on one thing lead to something else being effected, you are a computer programmer Paul for god sake so you know full well these things can happen so for you to give that very short unhelpfull answer to genuine feedback from someone trying to help you fix problems in your game is a bit disapointing.

Could you maybe comment on why throw ins and wide free kicks use the corner settings to set up player positions and why if I have a guy who takes long flat throws into the box that he does it at every chance and I cannot set any option to stop this other than drop him or have him unlearn the move which I don't want to do as sometimes I like long throws but at the moment something you did in the match engine is rendering long throws useless and I cannot do anything about it unless I change my corner set up which is insane. Or do you not agree?

Archived