Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a small problem...

smallproblem.png

It seems I've lost the ability to confirm tactical changes during a match. I'm not entirely sure if this is patch related, but I did not encoutner this problem last night before the game was updated.

I should add, I switched tactics by clicking on the backup tactic I had set-up. It doesn't matter what I do afterwards; the confirm button remains greyed out.

Scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation are still returning after one day. This is by design. However, improvements have been made to the amount and standard of players the scout reports on.

Cheers,

Ben

Will they still stay on assignment for an extended period of time when they are scouting a full knowledge nation within a region scouting assignment?

I found that if an English scout was scouting in England as part of a UK & Ireland assignment they would remain in England for a number of months rather than the single day under a single nation assignment. I'm really not sure that the fix people were looking for was an additional line of text saying why a scout can provide a full player list after 1 day.

I'm sorry but the advanced editor has never been supported and we do not want users editing their games with it, it was never designed or intended for that.

I bought fm12 especially because there was an advanced panel ... when I bought the game, this feature was present and therefore I think it's my right to continue to use this editor because I paid for it ... now that I can no longer use this editor, the game does not interest me any more ...

Dear Sigames, since 1996 I'm a customer and a fan of Championship Manager/Football Manager. I respect you for what you made in all these years, but I'm really really disappointed about what you're doing with the editor.

Did you ever ask yourselves why a lot of people use the advanced editor or want to learn how to use it? Because there is an abyss, a grotesque and unbelievable difference between features of the advanced panel and the ones of the basic editor.

FM2011 editor had some new features compared to the one of FM2010, but this year the editor is almost the same of previous edition!

There are too restrictions with the basic editor, so please, please, please, please: release a patch for the editor to upgrade it with a lot of new features.

We want to make league structures like MLS, we want to make editable subdivisions into other subdivisions, we want to have the possibility to insert a list of specific stadiums for a competition, we want to have several features currently present only into the advanced editor.

This is a constructive criticism and I hope you can do something to release important upgrades for the basic editor.

Regards

I bought fm12 especially because there was an advanced panel ... when I bought the game, this feature was present and therefore I think it's my right to continue to use this editor because I paid for it ... now that I can no longer use this editor, the game does not interest me any more ...

Its not and has never been a feature.

Its not supported.

Since I downloaded the update, I have a big problem. Everytime I try to sign a player or a staff, the bar where I can edit my transfer budget gets greyed out and I can't edit it anymore. I had no problems before but since the update has come, it happened everytime

Since I downloaded the update, I have a big problem. Everytime I try to sign a player or a staff, the bar where I can edit my transfer budget gets greyed out and I can't edit it anymore. I had no problems before but since the update has come, it happened everytime

Is this happening with starting a new game? Do you have the allow transfer budgets selected when creating a new game?

Its not and has never been a feature.

Its not supported.

although it is not supported when I bought the game was there, so it's my right to continue to have this, as I paid for this, it's like if you go to buy a TV and then after two months they tell you that you can not see a channel ...

although it is not supported when I bought the game was there, so it's my right to continue to have this, as I paid for this, it's like if you go to buy a TV and then after two months they tell you that you can not see a channel ...

thats hardly the same.

it was not there until you edited some files. I'm surprised it took them this long to remove it completely.

Any reason why i cant load my own skin? Only have the optio for the Light & Dark SI options...
I'm having the same problem. It's not picking up the custom skins since the update?

It's picking up all the other graphics etc, just not the skins...

Hello

The skins I had downloaded are now not available - I had been using flex12 skin which is still in the corect folder but does not appear in the dop down box under preferences. Any ideas?

What he said.
This......
This, please help. The default font is horrible and I can't play at the mo!
Custom skin problems getting completely ignored?! Help.
Custom skins...................................................................................................................
I was using flex before the patch and when it got patched flex Disappeared. Only decent skin on this year's version imo.

Still no reason for this? I prefer the custom Skin I was using.

The default dark skin is ok for now, but I'm hoping to get my custom Skin working again soon...

Still no reason for this? I prefer the custom Skin I was using.

The default dark skin is ok for now, but I'm hoping to get my custom Skin working again soon...

its a glitch.. custom skins work just fine for me.

Is this happening with starting a new game? Do you have the allow transfer budgets selected when creating a new game?

I started a new game and it happened again and I have transfer budget allowed. It happens evertime I offer a contract to some staff.

I think what SI have tried to do is stop people moving transfer funds to the wage budget to improve the contract offer they can make & then move the amount back to the transfer funds to complete the deal.

The fix that has been used sounds a little too imprecise, for me a better option would be to temporarily partition the necessary funds to complete the deal from the main transfer budget, if the deal falls through then the funds are once again made available.

For those of you who have problems with custom skins not showing up try this:

(Explained for Flex12 skin)

Fix: Go to the Flex12 folder.

There is a file called: flex12.xml

Open it with an editor (wordpad or such)

Change the line: <string id="required_version" value="12.0.1" translate="false"/>

to

<string id="required_version" value="12.1.0" translate="false"/>

Other skins should have a similar .xml file. Check in the folder an look for "required_version" value and see if changing it to 12.1.0 helps.

It works for Flex12 so i guess it might work for other skins too.

Best

For those of you who have problems with custom skins not shing up try this:

Change the line: <string id="required_version" value="12.0.1" translate="false"/>

to

Other skins should have a similar .xml file. Check in the folder an look for "required_version" value and see if changing it to 12.1.0 helps.

Best

This just did the trick, at last I can start enjoying my save again. :D

Thanks for that. :thup:

• SI Staff

As previously stated it was not there from the beginning you had to edit things to make advanced rules appear, we did something at the start of the year to try and stop people using it, but unforunatly other ways were found, we have taken steps again to stop this being used. It is not supported and we can get many issues arising with people's game from using of these function, that isn't and never was intended to be used the by the public.

I think what SI have tried to do is stop people moving transfer funds to the wage budget to improve the contract offer they can make & then move the amount back to the transfer funds to complete the deal.

The fix that has been used sounds a little too imprecise, for me a better option would be to temporarily partition the necessary funds to complete the deal from the main transfer budget, if the deal falls through then the funds are once again made available.

So I won't be able to sign any player until the deals fall through. That's really stupid. However I asked on an other forum and there people said it wouldn't happen in their saves

to

Best

This has seemed to have worked, cheers pal.

Steam is refusing to update the game for me.

It states 'Download starting' but doesn't do anything. If I go to the downloads part of Steam I'm presented with the 'Resume All' option, but this does nothing. Every now and then it crashes too.

In addition to this, every time I open Steam I have to do it about two or three times, as it keeps wanting to download an update that never finishes and always starts again with only a few MB to go.

If anyone can help with that, I'd really appreciate it. Read on for my thoughts on Steam...

I've had so many problems with Steam, I absolutely hate it. If I pay for a game, I should be the one to decide when I can play it. Not a third party application that is as far as I can tell, absolutely useless and only a hindrance. I live in an area with an exceptionally slow internet connection, with no signs of an upgrade to fibre optic in the near future. It is not fair to assume that all Football Manager customers have access to a speedy internet connection and can therefore immediately download and install updates and get on with playing the game. It really is a steaming pile of something, I'll give it that.

• SI Staff
I've got a small problem...

smallproblem.png

It seems I've lost the ability to confirm tactical changes during a match. I'm not entirely sure if this is patch related, but I did not encoutner this problem last night before the game was updated.

I should add, I switched tactics by clicking on the backup tactic I had set-up. It doesn't matter what I do afterwards; the confirm button remains greyed out.

What you have to do when you change to your backup tactic is then set it as the Current Tactic using the [>] button, you should then be able to confirm the tactical changes.

So I won't be able to sign any player until the deals fall through. That's really stupid. However I asked on an other forum and there people said it wouldn't happen in their saves

You should still be able to sign players, what you cannot do is fudge your accounts to spend more than you have been budgeted for, at least that is what I think SI are trying to prevent.

As an example if you have a wage budget of £45,000 but are spending £50,000 the board will normally restrict how much you can offer in future contract talks so to get around this in past versions you could move all your transfer budget to your wage budget to remove the wage restriction, then once you've agreed terms with a player move the funds back into your transfer kitty.

thats hardly the same.

it was not there until you edited some files. I'm surprised it took them this long to remove it completely.

So kill all the modders that make change to the games like Elder Scrolls, GTA, Crysis, Gothic, Dragon Age and so on.

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

Did they correct the issue with the ex Sunday League reputation or why do you recommend it?

If you're having issues with the patch we very much recommend verifying the cache as described in the FAQ, this will resolve the majority of issues when attempting to run the game.

Neil, ive tried it that way. But still, once youre editing a Language File it cant be loaded anymore in the Game. Any Idea why that happens?

to

Best

Brilliant stuff, cheers!!

So kill all the modders that make change to the games like Elder Scrolls, GTA, Crysis, Gothic, Dragon Age and so on.

they are not editing files to change features of the editor that never was intended for the public.

*shrugs*

The update crashed steam, and then I was unable to open it again. Now I have uninstalled the game and steam and it's taking a lifetime to reinstall. This a common issue with updating through steam? Might sound stupid but it's the first year I've been using it for FM.

Archived