Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah its just a ploy to get you to part with your money quickly, they have no idea when it will come out, and when the date comes and goes they will fall back on blaming SI for pushing the date back, when in reality that date was never a release date at all, but no one will buy something when they have no idea what date they will receive it.

yeah its just a ploy to get you to part with your money quickly, they have no idea when it will come out, and when the date comes and goes they will fall back on blaming SI for pushing the date back, when in reality that date was never a release date at all, but no one will buy something when they have no idea what date they will receive it.

So you haven't pre-ordered it then! ;)

I gotta start this post with I love the football Manager series since it first came out, This season I have been looking forward to it even more since Swansea have reached the premiership, but I really can't help being disappointed with the game, it just seems that they update the teams and give the press conference more options every year and every other thing seems irrelevant to the game, and its just put there to make it seem even more like a new game. I really hope that something new comes to this game to bring something fresh to the board because at the moment I can't help feeling that the game is getting very stale.

I would just like the ability to delete all scouts reports with one button, instead of having to do it individually. There are sometimes 20+ players scouted at one go!

Because of this waste of time I no longer use scouts to check other Divs., countries, etc. because it takes too long to delete the results. You can tell from the stars shown who you are interested in, the rest; one button delete please!

I would just like the ability to delete all scouts reports with one button, instead of having to do it individually. There are sometimes 20+ players scouted at one go!

Because of this waste of time I no longer use scouts to check other Divs., countries, etc. because it takes too long to delete the results. You can tell from the stars shown who you are interested in, the rest; one button delete please!

This already is possible. highlight one player, shift click to another in the list, right click and clear scout reports.

Don't know if FM11 is the same but, in FM10 you can remove groups of reports done through assignments; Scouting>Highlight Scout>Highlight Assignment>Click Remove Button.

HMV says release date is the 28th of October. Probably just a guess, but they do have links with SI and FM.

also last year the websites tried to guess the release dates. i remember that a lot of them said 29 october, and then was 5th november. the period will be the same, not before 20th october, not later 15th november.

SI last year revealed the release date on 18th september. this year could be similar...

A few things i'd like to see put right....

1. Now there is just one award (fifa ballon d'or) rather than the old two awards (world player and world footballer which in real life would be the ballon d'or and fifa world player of the year) so i would like to see that in addition to adding awards like world manager, best goal (fifa puskas award). Perhaps also have available the option to view past winners of the awards no longer being used (seeing as it's one new award the past winners of the previous awards will disappear.)

2. The european awards (such as striker, goal keeper and so on) are awarded at the wrong time, these awards are essentially the uefa club awards given out during the champions league draw so i'd like to see that made accurate with the stats used i.e. the champions league only and the timing of the award to match that of the champions league draw (yes i've tried with the editor but it simply does not work).

3. Lower league awards, such as in the championship, don't have awards for young player and team of the year (that i've seen anyway). Tried to add them but again they won't work.

4. Placing of the away fans and perhaps even being able to choose what stadium model your team plays in.

5. The intelligence of the board. Examples being Arsenal and Man Utd. Every single game i have played, as soon as Wenger and Fergie retire it all goes down the tubes for both sides. Now don't get me wrong, Man Utd mid-table is nice but i'd rather be able to fight them down to the wire. The board make stupid, very stupid choices for manager. Man Utd hired Mike Phelan as manager after Fergie..... Good assistant manager no doubt but he sure as hell isn't good enough to manage Man Utd.

6. Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. The two stand out players of our generation, notching 40 odd goals a season........ Never seen it happen in FM. I have no doubts that i could get 40-50 goals out of Messi and Ronaldo if they were in my team but they struggle to find 20 goals when left to the AI. I wanna see these two at their devastating best come FM12, have a real challenge knocking Barcelona off their perch!

That's all i have for now, no doubt i'll remember more to keep the Si bunch on their toes lol

Regens should be better distributed by countries like Portugal (i have seen about 2 or 3 good ones; never seen a good WINGER!!!), England, Africa, etc. There aren´t enough attacking fullbacks, wingers (there are a lot of CM´s with winger atributes), number 10's and maybe defensive midfielder´s; on the other hand there are some really fast DM´s with great dribbling skills (not sure why). In my opinion there is a lack of medium skilled regens, they are either really good or crap, a lot of national teams get filled with brazillians because of this.

I have to agree with this, since it was the issue that got me itchy from the very first fm2005. I doubt this will get the attention it needs this year, but that is the reason i can't play 4 or more seasons.

During a 3d match:

crowds - tick

players - tick

refs - tick

benched players - tick

physios - tick

manager - ....?

Why is there no manager in the dugout?

It would be fun to see a manager shouting instructions during a game.

There better be a massive Ray Winstone head in the stands as well, blocking the view of half the punters...

'Alright lads?'

During a 3d match:

crowds - tick

players - tick

refs - tick

benched players - tick

physios - tick

manager - ....?

Why is there no manager in the dugout?

It would be fun to see a manager shouting instructions during a game.

That explains why you have to give the game 10 minutes of match time to make a substitution and can't change your mind before the sub has been executed even if the score has changed.... we're managing the game from outside of the stadium. We don't even realise the score has changed between issuing a sub request and the sub being made!

Archived