Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry SteveoRobbo, but I disagree with you here.

For a start, Fireworks night is a British thing. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the world on that night, and this is a global release. It's also not our fault that that falls on a Friday this year, which is the day that games are released.

Most people in the UK get paid monthly, at the end of the month, so whether it was the week before, or the week after, Fireworks day, makes no difference at all to whether people have money in their pockets or not. Most firework displays are over by 9 too, so lots of time to play the game in the evening.

The release date, from a selfish personal perspective, is really annoying as I too was meant to be at a fireworks display that evening, and it's my birthday the day before, so I'm likely to now have to spend my birthday in 2 or 3 different countries doing PR, then rushing back to the UK for midnight openings, and will likely miss out on the fireworks as I'll be doing more interviews. But, the thing is, it's the right day for us to release the game with the quality that we want to have. So that's why it is then, and I've already accepted another year without being able to spend my birthday with my friends.

From a selfish standpoint - couldn't be worse timing! :p My birthday on the 3rd and then my wedding on the 7th followed by honeymoon until the 20th November so I will have an agonising wait whilst on a white beach in Antigua to play the new game :-)

GT5, COD and FM all released at roughly the same time?

I'm surprised FM is being released in that week, I would expect COD to be the hottest game of the year and people to be saving their money for that, being around £50 and all.

Least FM comes first and you can get a good weekends play of it! ;)

Excellent news about release date, was hoping i wasnt going to have to wait until xmas before game came out....

Cant believe people seriously complaining about release because its bonfire night lol.... the game will still be in the shops the next day and probibly even the next week if that suits u better, most of us want it asap...

thats a weeks holiday i will be taking now ;)

Great news Miles - although you did such a great job on FM2010 i won't be in any rush to go and buy on release day as am still enjoying my save from release day last year...on the verge of winning the premierhsip with torquay for the first time in 2030

...maybe ask for 2011 for christmas instead :)

For a start, Fireworks night is a British thing. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the world on that night, and this is a global release. It's also not our fault that that falls on a Friday this year, which is the day that games are released.

thanks miles for supporting international customers as well.

• SI Staff
If I buy the game retail, will I then be able to play the game through steam?

Yes.

Will it be the same release date for the USA? (Steam, obviously, as I can't get it anywhere else).

Not 100% sure yet. US release dates are normally Tuesday, rather than Friday's, but we're pushing for a Friday release there anyway...

Could I have a proper answer now as to whether FM11 will be coming out for the ipad?

We will only ever talk about things that we've announced. We have made no announcements about whether we are, or not, going to make another version of FMH for iPod.

Don't buy from Steam, you will get ripped off at the price they are offering!

Personally, I think their price (£29.99) is pretty damn reasonable, considering the average amount of time spent playing FM10 for those customers who are playing via Steam is well over 100 hours.

Personally, I think their price (£29.99) is pretty damn reasonable, considering the average amount of time spent playing FM10 for those customers who are playing via Steam is well over 100 hours.

Still, as a Belgian user I can buy the game from Zavvi for € 30,45, while on steam it gets sold at € 49,99.

Pretty big difference.

Not 100% sure yet. US release dates are normally Tuesday, rather than Friday's, but we're pushing for a Friday release there anyway...

I guess it is too much to hope for a November 2nd release for us 'Merican based FM'ers? :p

Currently, $39.99 for me on Steam but that's with a bunch of 'bonus' games I would never want. Is that the Steam price for FM 2011 or will it come down after release minus the bonus games?

Excellent stuff, glad to see there's a release date. Those blabbering on saying it should've been released sooner/later than November 5th are moaning for moanings sake obviously. The date that websites had was NOT an official release date confirmed by SI, so the whole leak garbage and moving it because of that, I don't buy that for a second. Also moaning about it being released on bonfire night. Get a grip. So what if it comes out on bonfire night? I wasn't aware that people spent all day and night at a bonfire. Not SI's fault that bonfire night happens to be a Friday, the same day that games get released in the UK. Get over yourselves. Boo hoo, parents will have to buy fireworks as well as the game in the same week, oh the tragedy. Honestly, ridiculous to moan because of that.

• SI Staff
Still, as a Belgian user I can buy the game from Zavvi for € 30,45, while on steam it gets sold at € 49,99.

Pretty big difference.

We don't set prices, obviously, and I have no idea how Zavvi are managing to sell it that cheaply, but that's their issue rather than mine :)

I guess it is too much to hope for a November 2nd release for us 'Merican based FM'ers? :p

Currently, $39.99 for me on Steam but that's with a bunch of 'bonus' games I would never want. Is that the Steam price for FM 2011 or will it come down after release minus the bonus games?

No chance of it being earlier in the US, no. We don't set retail prices, but I'd doubt very much it'd fall. The pre-order "bonuses" are just that - free gifts for pre-ordering.

Miles, regarding the demo. Will there be 2 versions again? strawberry and vanilla?thanks

Don't know yet, and I won't even start thinking about that until the game is made and going through final QA processes.

Judging by previous year's Steam experience, I would say it'll come down to $29.99 around March/April 2011 and $15-20 range in July/Aug 2011. So good luck waiting for that.

But you can expect surprise week-end or mid-week sale in Steam that can offer anywhere between 10-75% of discount. But that's not confirmed, just a guess. I got FM09 in Steam weekend sale in Jan'2010 and I bought FM2010 @ $29.99 at another SEGA sale, IIRC.

So if you can wait, eventually price will come down. But I'm sure you don't wanna miss another epic release from SI. :D

I still don't understand the reason to have kids.......anyway....I think I'll celebrate Guy Fawkes Night (never heard of it 'til this thread) for the first time this year in NYC......I'm always looking for a new date to celebrate!!

Judging by previous year's Steam experience, I would say it'll come down to $29.99 around March/April 2011 and $15-20 range in July/Aug 2011. So good luck waiting for that.

But you can expect surprise week-end or mid-week sale in Steam that can offer anywhere between 10-75% of discount. But that's not confirmed, just a guess. I got FM09 in Steam weekend sale in Jan'2010 and I bought FM2010 @ $29.99 at another SEGA sale, IIRC.

So if you can wait, eventually price will come down. But I'm sure you don't wanna miss another epic release from SI. :D

Thanks Arjiit (and also to Miles for his response).

I just didn't want to pre-order with crappy games for $39.99 if come release day I could get just FM2011 for a lesser price. I don't plan on waiting unless Civ V is so freaking awesome I can't stop playing it :)

In all probability I'll pre-order this weekend (since today is payday (bi-weekly) for me :) )

Miles,

I may have missed it, but any chance that FM 11 will be availalbe in United States retail stores this year? If not I will pre-order online, otherwise I will wait for release day to walk into a shop and buy it just like you folks in Europe do!

Thanks....

Sorry SteveoRobbo, but I disagree with you here.

Hey, what about the rest of the Commonwealth? I know we celebrate it here in New Zealand as well :p (We will celebrate anything that involves sticking it to the British ;))

But I do agree with Miles, there is no way that it will affect sales, now to go book a week off work Nov 5th-11th or so ;)

GT5, the hottest release in PS3 history, 3 days before FM. Like hell FM takes priority. GT5 is 5(?) years in the making, FM11 isn't. All in all, GT5 takes priority, then FM11, then COD BlackOps.

And here was me hoping FM would be a couple of weeks before GT5 :(

Tbh, this must be one of the best winters for games - F1 2010, Fifa11, GT5, FM11, COD and LBP2 all within 10 weeks... Gonna be expensive :o

Archived