FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, K94 said:

These are minor points, but:

• Has a penalty been disallowed after VAR check in your saves yet? I'm two full seasons in, and haven't seen a single penalty call disallowed by VAR. Sort of breaks the game immersion and the anxiety/excitement I should be feeling once a ref is called to VAR. Especially since IRL, if a penalty is allowed and the ref is called for a VAR check, it usually means there's something important he has missed, therefore the penalty rarely will stand. Seems to be the entire opposite in FM

I've had quite a few penalties not given after a VAR check, probably around 50% of the time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 часов назад, Wizard boy сказал:

The ME is a bit choppy at times. I had to lower graphics and I have a pretty powerful pc with 4080 card. hoping the one next year with the new engine is smoother. Do like the look of the ME though. 

Have you noticed any lag in the rain?

On 27/10/2023 at 21:00, Novem9 said:

I can't say it's the same issue as before. I remember this old problem.

For now I have even 73-76% possession at full time of official matches. But some suspicious matches happened where AI underdog had a lot of ball control

Is this more inline with what you had?

image.png.fe58bdfe895869763f80fb7d9d5300e6.pngT

9 minuti fa, endtime ha scritto:

I've had quite a few penalties not given after a VAR check, probably around 50% of the time.

Still might need to be higher to improve realism, but I'm glad to hear it's happening in saves. Just thought I'd ask as it felt really odd to have never seen it in two full seasons

1 hour ago, mitzra3l said:

This is going to be a very tough first 25 seasons with these kind of transfers running around :D

image.thumb.png.66c460d5490af6b6ac097b7bf8ebf01d.png

LOL those transfers are Ridiculous, complete immersion breaker, abada to chelsea from celtic for almost 70 million euro.....am so glad i refunded this game.

25 minutes ago, K94 said:

Still might need to be higher to improve realism, but I'm glad to hear it's happening in saves. Just thought I'd ask as it felt really odd to have never seen it in two full seasons

Don't think i've ever seen it in FM23 or FM24 so far, except when the foul is outside the box.

7 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

The £6-7 on top of the cost of the game in game editor? To fix problems with the game?

Anyway i know fewer injuries than real life football etc but the goalkeeper injury hing is being looked at right? Teams frequently losing their starting keeper every season so far, Just not a thing irl.

And just so it doesn't look like i am whining about having a player injured, just did a quick check (am only 1 1/2 seasons in, no simming)

Edersons had 2 months out, Ramsdale 3 months out (currently injured), Matt Turner 2 months (currently injured), Nick Pope 3 months, Alison 2 months (broke his arm, catching the ball). Areola 2 months...its December of the second season and thats just glancing at the top 8 on least conceded where Slonina seems to be the only fit keeper. Wait, you said top 8 and there are only 7 keepers there...

image.thumb.png.51b6118b26d6fc22e0f2a4dc1f15360a.png

I'll stop now :D i am sure you have it under control. Just wanted some context for my ramblings.

1 hour ago, K94 said:

These are minor points, but:

• Has a penalty been disallowed after VAR check in your saves yet? I'm two full seasons in, and haven't seen a single penalty call disallowed by VAR. Sort of breaks the game immersion and the anxiety/excitement I should be feeling once a ref is called to VAR. Especially since IRL, if a penalty is allowed and the ref is called for a VAR check, it usually means there's something important he has missed, therefore the penalty rarely will stand. Seems to be the entire opposite in FM.
  • Why does a highlight pop up, just for nothing to happen for 10 seconds... Because the team doctors are on the pitch to carry someone out? Why in the world would I need to see that? It just makes the highlight start off "wonky" as I keep wondering if the game broke down.

1) yes its happened a lot to me. 

2) what highlights are you playing on? Extended? Key? Comprehensive? Some highlights will show a simple injury, and thats what youre probably seeing. 

30 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

LOL those transfers are Ridiculous, complete immersion breaker, abada to chelsea from celtic for almost 70 million euro.....am so glad i refunded this game.

Right because transfers like this have never happened. If you have nothing to add to the table…u know the rest. 

edit: LMAO and u find this immersive breaking because CHELSEA of all teams payed that. 

HAHAHAHA

Edited by Dadecane

Just now, Dadecane said:

Right because transfers like this have never happened. If you have nothing to add to the table…u know the rest. 

Those prices for alot of them between Ai clubs have not happened in FM games before, granted human managers have been able to get alot more out of there transfers, but these transfers are all Ai controlled so theres a big problem in the game, its not realistic. Dont get upset because parts of FM24 are not in a good place and may never be, which is a shame for a game that clamied to be 'The most complete version of FM ever' which was clearly just a marketing slogan.

7 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

edit: LMAO and u find this immersive breaking because CHELSEA of all teams payed that. 

HAHAHAHA

Do you think a Scottish Club is going to sell a player for nearly 70 Million Euro in the next 10 years nevermind in the next 2 years? If the answer is 'NO' then its unrealistic and not true to real life is it!

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Do you think a Scottish Club is going to sell a player for nearly 70 Million Euro in the next 10 years nevermind in the next 2 years? If the answer is 'NO' then its unrealistic and not true to real life is it!

If a scottish club produces a player wanted by all of europes big dogs, then YES. And im sure chelsea will be first in line to pay it. 

7 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Those prices for alot of them between Ai clubs have not happened in FM games before, granted human managers have been able to get alot more out of there transfers, but these transfers are all Ai controlled so theres a big problem in the game, its not realistic. Dont get upset because parts of FM24 are not in a good place and may never be, which is a shame for a game that clamied to be 'The most complete version of FM ever' which was clearly just a marketing slogan.

I dont see anything broken or immersion breaking to be honest. Do you want the video game to simulate life 1 to 1? Thats absurd. 

transfers are getting crazier and crazier every year SPECIALLY the price english teams are paying for average guys (chelsea cough cough)

if some of the guys on the list were sold in 2 years do those prices seem wrong or unrealistic to you? It doesnt seem to me. And what world do u live in that u think these transfers COULD NEVER HAPPEN?

some people just like to **** off a happy meal. 

Just dropping by to say that Trent being a natural RWB, but not RB, is an absolutely ridiculous decision. Liverpool has been playing a back four every single match they've played since Trent came into the team. Yes, we've played him high up the field and yes we've now played him as an inverted WB for a while. But he's always been a RB. You can argue he's almost playing like an IFB now, dropping in between Van Dijk and Konate and spraying passes upfield.

9 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

If a scottish club produces a player wanted by all of europes big dogs, then YES. And im sure chelsea will be first in line to pay it. 

Well if you you actually think that then i dont quite know what to say.....i guess i'll leave you to play your game where scottish clubs are selling players for 70 mil euro and you think thats possible and realistic in real life.

Just now, iAlwaysWin said:

Well if you you actually think that then i dont quite know what to say.....i guess i'll leave you to play your game where scottish clubs are selling players for 70 mil euro and you think thats possible and realistic in real life.

Here we go w the hyperbole. The image shows ONE player being sold by a scottish club at that price. One. And u think thats unrealistic because youve told yourself its 12 guys theyre selling at that price I guess. Be my guest. 

2 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Here we go w the hyperbole. The image shows ONE player being sold by a scottish club at that price. One. And u think thats unrealistic because youve told yourself its 12 guys theyre selling at that price I guess. Be my guest. 

It is like when Haaland was claimed to be overpowered, They said he'd never score that many. Then he did

Big ask, but are we going to get any hotfixes before the official release, to see if any bugs may have been missed by internal testers and then setup for a possible release a Day 1 patch. (I suspect the answer is no...)

29 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

If we're going to pull at that realism string, there's plenty more you'll pull out with it.  FM suffers from a distinct lack of context in all areas, a lot of the little intangibles that real life football has are either completely impossible to model, or just missing.  It's why the England team is far more successful in-game, it's why Premier League clubs actually use their money relatively sensibly, and it's why Scottish clubs will dig their heels in and get what players are worth, rather than just kowtowing like they would here.  

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

If we're going to pull at that realism string, there's plenty more you'll pull out with it.  FM suffers from a distinct lack of context in all areas, a lot of the little intangibles that real life football has are either completely impossible to model, or just missing.  It's why the England team is far more successful in-game, it's why Premier League clubs actually use their money relatively sensibly, and it's why Scottish clubs will dig their heels in and get what players are worth, rather than just kowtowing like they would here.  

Listen if your happy with a Scottish side selling a player for 70 million euro then be my guest, but its not realistic and it will never be realistic which reinforces my decision to refund this game.

1 hour ago, iAlwaysWin said:

A fella (Daveincid) will update his 'increased realism' pack to sort much of this imbalance out; he'll get it out pretty quickly after the editor is available too.

1 hour ago, Purple Bane said:

And just so it doesn't look like i am whining about having a player injured, just did a quick check (am only 1 1/2 seasons in, no simming)

Edersons had 2 months out, Ramsdale 3 months out (currently injured), Matt Turner 2 months (currently injured), Nick Pope 3 months, Alison 2 months (broke his arm, catching the ball). Areola 2 months...its December of the second season and thats just glancing at the top 8 on least conceded where Slonina seems to be the only fit keeper. Wait, you said top 8 and there are only 7 keepers there...

image.thumb.png.51b6118b26d6fc22e0f2a4dc1f15360a.png

I'll stop now :D i am sure you have it under control. Just wanted some context for my ramblings.

I also noticed there are way too often GK injuries in matches, hope it's just a bug that will be fixed in the final release

19 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

The ME is a bit choppy at times. I had to lower graphics and I have a pretty powerful pc with 4080 card. hoping the one next year with the new engine is smoother. Do like the look of the ME though. 

Thats strange. I only have a 1080 and it ran flawless for me.

1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

I dont see anything broken or immersion breaking to be honest. Do you want the video game to simulate life 1 to 1? Thats absurd. 

transfers are getting crazier and crazier every year SPECIALLY the price english teams are paying for average guys (chelsea cough cough)

if some of the guys on the list were sold in 2 years do those prices seem wrong or unrealistic to you? It doesnt seem to me. And what world do u live in that u think these transfers COULD NEVER HAPPEN?

some people just like to **** off a happy meal. 

I don't find the price tag on Bellingham unrealistic, I'm just pointing out it'll be difficult to challenge teams like Man City that see no problem in spending 300M+ on a player. IMO JB5 is nowadays the best player in world, so it's not a matter of he's worth the money, I think he's worth it

I'm binning the game for now, it's enjoyable in the mindless numbers go up way, but there's too many issues once you start paying even a little bit of attention to what's going on outside of your own club. Even the ME, while improved, has the problem where every team plays the same type of football, with laser accurate short quick passes. Maybe I'll go back once the full version is released.

1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

HAHAHAHA

You're spot on mate, I've seen Chelsea splash that kind of big money for players that are at most useful to warm the bench

7 minutes ago, mitzra3l said:

I don't find the price tag on Bellingham unrealistic, I'm just pointing out it'll be difficult to challenge teams like Man City that see no problem in spending 300M+ on a player. IMO JB5 is nowadays the best player in world, so it's not a matter of he's worth the money, I think he's worth it

Even thou Neymar moved to PSG 6 years ago for €222 million, a transfer that is still yet to be broken in over 6 years. Yes i agree players could potentially move to clubs for astromical fees in the future, the rate in which this happens in FM24 is way to unrealistic.

4 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Is there at least one person in the world who needs in-game Twitter? But this function probably wastes resources when generating new days? 

I enjoy it. It adds context and immersion to a glorified spreadsheet. Besides as a LLM who don’t exploit the scouting, you get players recommended to you by random fans and news sites that you otherwise would probably never shortlist.

Besides, it is easily enough to ignore and I’m sure it adds nothing to processing speed.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

13 minutes ago, mitzra3l said:

You're spot on mate, I've seen Chelsea splash that kind of big money for players that are at most useful to warm the bench

Chelsea have signed 2 players over 100 million euro in the last 2 years, enzo fernandez and caicedo, all the rest are under 80 mil euro, so i dont think its the individual prices that are the problem for chelsea, its the amount of actual players they have signed.

47 минут назад, Mars_Blackmon сказал:

I enjoy it. It adds context and immersion to a glorified spreadsheet. Besides as a LLM who don’t exploit the scouting, you get players recommended to you by random fans and news sites that you otherwise would probably never shortlist.

Good for you. I was really interested to see the positive reviews

47 минут назад, Mars_Blackmon сказал:

Besides, it is easily enough to ignore and I’m sure it adds nothing to processing speed.

Who knows. I remove subscriptions that accumulate and it seems to improve performance between days

Edited by Novem9

Is it just me or is the game a bit too easy ?

Player decision making in the match engine has been greatly improved which is fantastic but the ai managers seems unable to attack properly.

I started with Brighton playing possession style football, won the Europa League in the first season and in the second season came second in the league and I am in the cl final and fa cup final .

Even top teams seem to be unable to cope against my possession style setup, I completely dominate almost all games even against top teams which seem unable to attack well .

Also there are lots of non sensical formations which top team managers use , playing two inside forwards with two inverted wingbacks on both flanks for example which makes no sense whatsoever.

Guardiola has been sacked in my second season and I am equal points with man utd in second and first place, Aston Villa was leading the league for most of the season.

Most of the ai goals against me happen from set pieces or chaotic penalty box actions , the ai managers seem unable to effectively counter attack or created attacking patterns in possession.

Hope this improves in the release version 

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

A fella (Daveincid) will update his 'increased realism' pack to sort much of this imbalance out; he'll get it out pretty quickly after the editor is available too.

Speaking of which, has he mentioned a release date for his first update anywhere?

22 minutes ago, thejay said:

Is it just me or is the game a bit too easy ?

Player decision making in the match engine has been greatly improved which is fantastic but the ai managers seems unable to attack properly.

I started with Brighton playing possession style football, won the Europa League in the first season and in the second season came second in the league and I am in the cl final and fa cup final .

Even top teams seem to be unable to cope against my possession style setup, I completely dominate almost all games even against top teams which seem unable to attack well .

Also there are lots of non sensical formations which top team managers use , playing two inside forwards with two inverted wingbacks on both flanks for example which makes no sense whatsoever.

Guardiola has been sacked in my second season and I am equal points with man utd in second and first place, Aston Villa was leading the league for most of the season.

Most of the ai goals against me happen from set pieces or chaotic penalty box actions , the ai managers seem unable to effectively counter attack or created attacking patterns in possession.

Hope this improves in the release version 

Join the club!

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/match-engine-and-set-piece-creator/tactics/overachieving-in-fm24-3-promotions-in-a-row-r18198/

3 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Do you think a Scottish Club is going to sell a player for nearly 70 Million Euro in the next 10 years nevermind in the next 2 years? 

Quite possibly given an average player like Jota left for £25 million this very summer IRL. 

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is everyone finding the game too easy?

Finding I do great against good teams like Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham. Then lose to Brentford, Wolves and the likes.
But only bought the game last night, so haven't had time to play much.

22 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You can assign left and right side throw in takers. Click on the throw in takers name in at the top left, and this will bring up a window allowing you to choose different takers for left and right. 

Thanks for the reply. IIRC this wasn't possible for the short routine. When i switched it to Long Throw it was already set up sensibly. I'll have another look at it tonight. I think there might be an issue of it defaulting to the first choice on the other side if the other first choice isn't on the pitch. But again, i'll check it before jumping to conclusions :)

40 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'm over achieving but I'm also finding I'm doing way more match management than I'd normal do in say FM23 where I'd just have a tactic that always worked and win 80% of my games.

Now I'm still winning 80% of the time but feel I'm working for it.

56 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Can't speak for everyone, But I find the game too easy to a level that I don't even enjoy playing it anymore. There is no reward in grinding as you can overachiever with the default gegen press tactic