[FM23][SKIN] WTCS5 by Bluestillidie00 and WorkTheSpace | v1.2 Released 2023/01/18 | New Attributeless Version

TCSSkin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to edit a few small things on this to make it better for myself. Couple of things that I just cant work out. Has anyone done so?

I managed to get rid of the "torn paper" on the right hand side of the top bar but cannot for the life of me find where the one on the right hand side is. Also the way the bar transitions from club colour to grey, anyone know how to make it just the colour of the team/competition you are in?

Capture.JPG

Also on the 2nd picture below, couple of things I've tried to figure out and cant. Is it possible to move the top line to make it central like the rest of the top area? and Below the stadium picture where it says "EFL Championship" id like to add the competition logo above it. Anyone know the XML line/s id need to add to achive this?

Capture1.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jimbo22

1 hour ago, jimbo22 said:

Managed to edit a few small things on this to make it better for myself. Couple of things that I just cant work out. Has anyone done so?

I managed to get rid of the "torn paper" on the right hand side of the top bar but cannot for the life of me find where the one on the right hand side is. Also the way the bar transitions from club colour to grey, anyone know how to make it just the colour of the team/competition you are in?

Capture.JPG

Also on the 2nd picture below, couple of things I've tried to figure out and cant. Is it possible to move the top line to make it central like the rest of the top area? and Below the stadium picture where it says "EFL Championship" id like to add the competition logo above it. Anyone know the XML line/s id need to add to achive this?

Capture1.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Look at this

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

Look at this

Thank you, I managed to get most of it I still cannot work out the very top line, tried deleting a bunch of things and it causes an error. I'll live with that though as i've got the look better for myself.

Capture2.JPG

1 hour ago, jimbo22 said:

Thank you, I managed to get most of it I still cannot work out the very top line, tried deleting a bunch of things and it causes an error. I'll live with that though as i've got the look better for myself.

Capture2.JPG

if you delete line 6 to 9 at the top

and the last </widget> in the file line 278

<widget class="plain_box" id="fdep" allow_single_bar_click="true" red_replacement="bordered_box">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="247232" type="use" value="Fixture Details" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

Just now, snowofman said:

and the last </widget> in the file line 278

Thats what was causing the issue, i deleted the first part and that caused an error and I knew it was the right lines of code but the last widget. I'd never have gotten that lol.

Thank you so very much. 

17 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Thats what was causing the issue, i deleted the first part and that caused an error and I knew it was the right lines of code but the last widget. I'd never have gotten that lol.

Thank you so very much. 

you're welcome

Just like to say thanks for the skin. Too many skin makers, IMO, go too far away from whats needed and go overboard. This skin is close to the original and with some good tweeks makes it so much better. 

Will be interesting to see where you guys take it in the coming updates. 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

On 27/10/2022 at 14:15, rootcoors said:

Thanks again for this, loving this skin so far - fantastic work.

One question I do have, is it possible for me to make the pitch flat on the player profile in the positions area? Thanks.

Sorry to ask again, just wondered if anyone did know how to do this easily please?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, rootcoors said:

Sorry to ask again, just wondered if anyone did know how to do this easily please?

Thanks in advance.

go to "panels\player\tcs\selector\big\positions.xml", edit line 41 and set 

pitch_perspective="0.05"

to

pitch_perspective="0"

3 hours ago, Rivanov said:

For some reason the colors for my own team and the competition are both white. That makes it quite hard to distinguish. ;)

Where can I adjust this?SCR-20221104-fsp.png.850447bbe02dafa030077edcd524c4b2.png

panels/widgets/data hub polygon analyser visualisation.xml

And change the colours for one or both lines. The first layer colour is for league, the second layer is your player.

image.png.790a39c26b77acd3ff4bfb5128c8b521.pngimage.png.dd4f928dc24966c99d2983c9e37da28c.png

8 minutes ago, keysi said:

panels/widgets/data hub polygon analyser visualisation.xml

And change the colours for one or both lines. The first layer colour is for league, the second layer is your player.

image.png.790a39c26b77acd3ff4bfb5128c8b521.pngimage.png.dd4f928dc24966c99d2983c9e37da28c.png

Thanks! I changed fg to white in my skin settings xml. And that caused this issue. I now changed it directly in the data polygon xml.

Thanks @keysi!

10 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

When people are editing these and the skin your working on doesnt have the xml, where do you get it from to edit? like above this skin doesnt have the data hub polygon analyser visualisation.xml 

steam-games\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data
has all the fmf files for you  to unpack

3 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

When people are editing these and the skin your working on doesnt have the xml, where do you get it from to edit? like above this skin doesnt have the data hub polygon analyser visualisation.xml 

Can't get the skin to load on windows. I got it working on Mac, but I've just transferred over to windows and it's not working. Downloaded the file and extracted it with WinZip (using evaluation version - does this affect it?), extracted the files to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2023 > skins, but I don't get the option to select the skin when I go back into Football Manager. Any advice would be appreciated as I loved using the skin and would struggle to go back to using just the standard FM one.

IGNORE: finally got it working!

Edited by ForrestGrump

5 minutes ago, stevemc said:

No I’ve been looking at tweaks on the Base Skin but I’ve not had much time on it to be honest recently.

Allright thanks! I added transparancy bit to the specific line in client object browser.xml, but that doesnt work unfortunately.

<widget class="inner_contrast_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/content/secondary/paper" transparency="0.7">

Edited by Rivanov

Hi @bluestillidie00 @workthespace is there any way to hide player attribute numbers without affecting staff attribute numbers? Currently I’ve set the opacity of the numbers to 0 in the advanced skin colours settings, but that also affects staff, which I don’t want to do. Is there some code or something that can be altered so that is specific to players only? Thanks. 

17 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

Hi @bluestillidie00 @workthespace is there any way to hide player attribute numbers without affecting staff attribute numbers? Currently I’ve set the opacity of the numbers to 0 in the advanced skin colours settings, but that also affects staff, which I don’t want to do. Is there some code or something that can be altered so that is specific to players only? Thanks. 

Edit the appearance of all players attributes in person properties.xml.

1 hour ago, keysi said:

Edit the appearance of all players attributes in person properties.xml.

Thanks, but I couldn't find it in the skin, so I added person properties.xml from another skin. I've tried editing the size to 0 for the attributes but nothing changes when clearing cache and reloading skin, nor reloading game.

Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. If someone can make this work on this skin, I'll be happy to make a donation towards a beer or beverage of your choice!

Edited by TacticalGenius

1 hour ago, TacticalGenius said:

Thanks, but I couldn't find it in the skin, so I added person properties.xml from another skin. I've tried editing the size to 0 for the attributes but nothing changes when clearing cache and reloading skin, nor reloading game.

Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. If someone can make this work on this skin, I'll be happy to make a donation towards a beer or beverage of your choice!

You can try pointing the attributes at a graphic. See how it has been done here. You can choose any graphic you like really, but be advised you will probably need to adjust the size of individual containers to make them sit properly over the number you wish to block. You can try changing - use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" to false, otherwise, with the .png I have posted anyway, you will see attribute colour through the image (how I play). You can also try deleting the value here: change "pf20" to ""           

<record id="search_filter">
                <integer id="id" value="pf20" />
            </record>

But no idea how that will affect anything.

star.png

person properties.xml

1 hour ago, TacticalGenius said:

You can take the skin with stars instead of attributes as an inspiration - he is using the 'appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star1" >'. Why not to create the simple transparent paper and use it instead of stars?

So, you will have, for example, this

image.png.486e76bfbf9b5d11642aa6498328abb9.png

29 minutes ago, keysi said:

You can take the skin with stars instead of attributes as an inspiration - he is using the 'appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star1" >'. Why not to create the simple transparent paper and use it instead of stars?

So, you will have, for example, this

image.png.486e76bfbf9b5d11642aa6498328abb9.png

That's exactly what I want, but everything you said there may as well be in Dutch for all I understood of it.

Would anyone be able to help or advise with the below request?

1, looking to drop the side bar down to sit level with the title bar and also round off the corners to match

2. how can i adjust the head underneath the cyan so they sit level with each other instead of the lower level joining up with the side bar

3. the edges on the right side are also very slightly out of line, how can i get them level

really appreciate any help that could be offered as they are pretty much the final personal tweaks i want to make to this superb skin

image.thumb.png.1925932e962eace768b94f4edb066f38.png

Edited by slav85

@Rivanov As far as I could make out the issue is to do with the background pattern bits in the client object panel (towards the top of the XML). I'm by no means an expert but I just deleted these out and it allowed the custom backgrounds to come through, although I was playing around a lot trying to make it work so it may have been something else I did!

image.thumb.png.8aaeb424395bf0f7b1dc35cfc252a30d.png

image.thumb.png.0096fafb9c87c66e60f13b26661371aa.pngimage.thumb.png.3f510ab78a8553eee31f3b94add55148.png

2 hours ago, DivineOne said:

I have a question: How come so many skin makers, including this one do not enhance the amount of players on the competition screen:

w5itD0h.png

Clearly that wasted space could be used by prolonging the list by 3 players. You might consider this a request.

It's very easy to change it yourself in the xml file.

There is a line where it defines the maximum results shown. Currently it's set to three. But you can change that to whatever you want.

9 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Which one(s) for the ones in the screenshot above ?

competition/competition overview panel.xml

There you find the maximum_items part

-<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0"/>
-<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" priority="1" default_height="-1" gap="15" minimum_height="126">
<record id="default_properties" file="competition/competition overview player stats panel" minimum_width="250" default_width="-1" maximum_items="5"/>
<!-- CPS_GOALS-->
-<container class="competition_player_stats_panel" navigation_container="true" type="2" priority="1">
<record id="object_property" set_property="objt" get_property="objt"/>
</container>
<!-- CPS_AVERAGE_RATING -->
-<container class="competition_player_stats_panel" navigation_container="true" type="74" priority="2">
</container>
<!-- CPS_ASSISTS -->
-<container class="competition_player_stats_panel" navigation_container="true" type="5" priority="3">
</container>
<!-- CPS_ASSISTS -->
-<container class="competition_player_stats_panel" navigation_container="true" type="75" priority="3">
</container>
</container>

Edited by Rivanov

I appreciate you trying to help, but it's difficult to edit a file that doesn't exist. (and copy/pasting from the flut skin that does have it, doesn't work, I tried it).

And the fact that it's supposedly easy makes me even more surprised that apparently this doesn't bother anyone.

14 minutes ago, DivineOne said:

I appreciate you trying to help, but it's difficult to edit a file that doesn't exist. (and copy/pasting from the flut skin that does have it, doesn't work, I tried it).

And the fact that it's supposedly easy makes me even more surprised that apparently this doesn't bother anyone.

extract the file

To answer your question, few things. 

A) What works for your resolution might not work for others with lower resolutions. The base skin requires a ton of empty space so the skin can scale from the lowest possible resolution.

B) Haven't looked at the competition screens yet and to be honest, i find the default one fine. Packing as much information into any space isn't what my skin attempts to do. 

1 hour ago, DivineOne said:

It did bother me.. that's why I changed it myself.SCR-20221110-rj2.thumb.png.14462ef736696cc9877852fb84c3ed7e.png

3 hours ago, Rivanov said:

It did bother me.. that's why I changed it myself.SCR-20221110-rj2.thumb.png.14462ef736696cc9877852fb84c3ed7e.png

Sorry - I’m going to have to call you out on this. You haven’t ‘changed it yourself’ as that is the exact panel from my skin.

I’m all for people sharing what has been made but don’t try and call it your own.