*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why so many players get so animated about the early Beta release. Especially given how polished this year's Beta really is. As mentioned above, one hotfix. 

If you don't want to be a tester, just see the Beta as your test run. If you want to help your community and report bugs, then there is the option to do that. If you don't want an unfinished game, wait for the full release.

Don't people want choice these days?

1 hour ago, Kyznar said:

Do we know if the game is out at midnight? I just presumed it was gunna be early afternoon tomorrow. But now im 2nd guessing myself, it would be nice if we had the time confirmed. But a lack of communication is unsurprising.

The official realeas time is 6pm (GMT) on the 8th November. Anything earlier is a bonus. We usually get a good bonus, but don't rely on it

19 minutes ago, jlammi said:

I putted 10€ to my steam wallet, now i can buy In Game Editor when its coming out.

Surely the editor will be free this year, considering a lot of people use it to fix persistent bugs. Cost of living crisis and all that.

Or maybe they're okay charging for it because 'value for money'.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Surely the editor will be free this year, considering a lot of people use it to fix persistent bugs. Cost of living crisis and all that.

He means the ingame editor. The pre-game editor is always free.

If you know that and are just being snarky, my response is that staying at home and playing Football Manager is one of the best tips to coping with the cost of living crisis there is.

Edited by phnompenhandy

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I wish, but I doubt it. 

Last year, they actually increased the price of the in-game editor. 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Interesting analysis there but you've mistaken your opinion for irrefutable facts. Unless you've got some statistical data to back it up, of course. 

If you're beating-up SI Games over the cost of living crisis you're wasting time that you should be spending writing to your MP to ask what he or she is doing about non-doms, tax loopholes, windfall taxes and laws on rent increases that are bigger drivers of the cost of living crisis than SI Games' optional FM23 Editor. 

5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

He means the ingame editor. The pre-game editor is always free.

If you know that and are just being snarky, my response is that staying at home and playing Football Manager is one of the best tips to coping with the cost of living crisis there is.

It's the in game editor that people use to fix bugs in their long term saves. For example transfer revenue retention getting stuck has been around for years.

4 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Interesting analysis there but you've mistaken your opinion for irrefutable facts. Unless you've got some statistical data to back it up, of course. 

If you're beating-up SI Games over the cost of living crisis you're wasting time that you should be spending writing to your MP to ask what he or she is doing about non-doms, tax loopholes, windfall taxes and laws on rent increases that are bigger drivers of the cost of living crisis than SI Games' optional FM23 Editor. 

I wasn't being entirely serious regarding the cost of living comment, I was always for them charging for the in game cheat tool until I learned that people were using it to correct bugs. 

It was a bit snarky but charging for this doesn't sit right with me when they're making record sales of the actual game. It should absolutely be bundled.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I wasn't being entirely serious regarding the cost of living comment, I was always for them charging for the in game cheat tool until I learned that people were using it to correct bugs. 

It was a bit snarky but charging for this doesn't sit right with me when they're making record sales of the actual game. It should absolutely be bundled.

Agree it should be free with the game. Its not like they throw so much money at a tool, they themselves use! And to be fair, it is a clunky bit of software! And for the price you pay for it.....wow!

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

So the vast majority who don't want to use it should have to pay for the small majority who want to use it? Its not required for the game its a nice to have that takes a lot of development, seems perfectly suited to being an optional extra which is charged for

16 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Not much point writing to dulledic mp's who all espouse the same failed policies. The reason for the biggest tax of all inflation is the insane panicdemic spending policies, backed by almost all gullible mp's. The lad has a good point a nominal fee for the editor set by Mr Jacobson would be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, jim owen said:

So the vast majority who don't want to use it should have to pay for the small majority who want to use it? Its not required for the game its a nice to have that takes a lot of development, seems perfectly suited to being an optional extra which is charged for

I didn't think anybody should be paying for it but now I think you alone should be buying it for everyone.

I don't really understand the hatred towards the editor costing money, I always buy it and 10 euros~ is cheap.

If this was Blizzard or something it would cost 30 quid and you would have to pay a monthly fee.

6 minutes ago, jim owen said:

It used to be free with the game.... no development needed to edit files :)

Just now, Trucce said:

I don't really understand the hatred towards the editor costing money, I always buy it and 10 euros~ is cheap.

If this was Blizzard or something it would cost 30 quid and you would have to pay a monthly fee.

I'd agree if it wasn't being used to fix the game for a lot of people. 

Trying to stay really positive, but at the moment it feels a bit like a Christmas Eve where I've already discovered my present - and it's a bit too similar to something I already have.

I'm desperate to be proven wrong though - I've even booked tomorrow off.

"Record sales" does not equate to "Record profits".  I now appreciate you were being playful there but it's often forgotten that SI have bills to pay, employees to look after all of whom have spiralling bills themselves. 
Short of winning the lottery or a PPP contract from Government, we're all in it, thank goodness for escapism in computer games. 

Just now, Trucce said:

Its an issue because it used to be free... Its literally a database editor. How can someone charge for an editor? 

Would you like to be charged for a plastic fork that comes with your ready meal?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, greenz81 said:

I always thought the whole point of 'Beta' was having alot of free testers.... All i see Miles doing is using the 'Beta' numbers as a badge of honor.... 'Look how many people buy the game pre-release!'

We are beta testers.... and are buying the game so our experience with the full game is as enjoyable as possible. But there is no feedback to the beta testers.... just 'upload the PKM'. No feedback. No current issues. Nothing!

They shouldnt call it 'Beta' anymore.... just call it 'Early-release' because in the last 2 weeks, we've had 1 hotfix! Let me repeat.... 1! In a beta test!!!

It's the Early Access Beta. We ask people to contribute if they want and anything raised via our Bug Tracker is checked over by our team and if required, logged into our internal database and given a priority. Given the number of hours people have been putting into the game, some managers have already got some pretty hefty careers underway. 

In terms of raised issues on our Bug Tracker, we tell you whether the issue is under review, a known issue, not a bug or requires more info. Then, when new versions or updates are released we go back to those we identify as being addressed and mark them resolved.

The full version of FM23 comes out on the 8th November. As in previous years after launch we'll be looking to release updates throughout the cycle to potentially introduce new aspects where we can introduced to world football, database updates after the Winter transfer update and fix issues where we're able to do so, primarily based on what is flagged by our community. When we do so, we release pretty comprehensive changelists highlighting what's been addressed. And again, will go through the Tracker and update where possible. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Its an issue because it used to be free... Its literally a database editor. How can someone charge for an editor? 

Would you like to be charged for a plastic fork that comes with your ready meal?

The IGE has never been free. Only the pre-game editor. Which is still free. 

1 minute ago, Nonlondoner said:

"Record sales" does not equate to "Record profits".  I now appreciate you were being playful there but it's often forgotten that SI have bills to pay, employees to look after all of whom have spiralling bills themselves. 
Short of winning the lottery or a PPP contract from Government, we're all in it, thank goodness for escapism in computer games. 

A fair point but I think it's safe to say that they're doing okay. If they were struggling I doubt they'd be spending big on licensing. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

It's the Early Access Beta. We ask people to contribute if they want and anything raised via our Bug Tracker is checked over by our team and if required, logged into our internal database and given a priority. Given the number of hours people have been putting into the game, some managers have already got some pretty hefty careers underway. 

In terms of raised issues on our Bug Tracker, we tell you whether the issue is under review, a known issue, not a bug or requires more info. Then, when new versions or updates are released we go back to those we identify as being addressed and mark them resolved.

The full version of FM23 comes out on the 8th November. As in previous years after launch we'll be looking to release updates throughout the cycle to potentially introduce new aspects where we can introduced to world football, database updates after the Winter transfer update and fix issues where we're able to do so, primarily based on what is flagged by our community. When we do so, we release pretty comprehensive changelists highlighting what's been addressed. And again, will go through the Tracker and update where possible. 

Can I ask why Football Manager is so adamant on just 2 main updates In a yearly cycle? 

This kind of model is genuinely insane to me when you compare it to most other games. Why is there not rolling updates constantly throughout the game cycle? 

9 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I live in Sweden so I'm used to getting taxed and charged for everything under the sun.

OnT: There's a lot of things that used to be free in our society, that's not free anymore. However I don't believe the editor used to be free, might be wrong though.

Edited by Trucce

2 minutes ago, Just4Downloads said:

Can I ask why Football Manager is so adamant on just 2 main updates In a yearly cycle? 

This kind of model is genuinely insane to me when you compare it to most other games. Why is there not rolling updates constantly throughout the game cycle? 

Is there not 3 updates now?

10 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Be self-employed and so control how much tax you send them.

24 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

It's never been free. 

The pre-game editor is, however, free. Always has been and I suspect always will be. 

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

They just tweeted and deleted? I thought it was announcing the full game had dropped. 

Saw the tweet which was a minute trailer video of Rodri and Gundogan promoting the game. Still said release tomorrow.