Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, titchuk said:

This is all you get. Unless they do something around the coronation but don't think they will.

2 minutes ago, HopOnBaby said:

It's likely to be next spring or summer, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't a bank holiday, tbh.

I had a think about this.

Definitely next year.

Definitely when the weather gets better so April onwards but probably  won’t to leave it as late  June/July. Probably also won’t do anything during public examinations (so that rules out 15th May to June 24th but allows the halfterm with the second May Bank Holiday which could be moved.)

In addition there is Easter weekend is 16/17th April - fixed and May 1st is the early Bank Holiday which could be moved.

So my bet is either 1) last Saturday of April with a Friday Bank Holiday and keep the Monday Holiday or no holiday Friday. Or 2) Similar to the Jubilee this year have it during May half-term moving the Monday Bank Holiday as needed - 4 day weekend?

3 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Getting processioned out here. Need to fire something up on PC whilst respectfully leaving the footage on.

I've been taking advantage of the unexpected day off by sitting on my arse playing FM all morning and browsing this thread.

2 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Getting processioned out here. Need to fire something up on PC whilst respectfully leaving the footage on.

My mother has decided to phone her mums old neighbour to see how she is.

Probably because my mother can't go five minutes without being on the phone, so was close to going into withdrawal symptoms.

I dont see the coronation being during the football season as like today you'll need a **** load of police so would be unable to police the games so either some careful planning will be needed or they'll do it post season. Weather is perhaps a little more relaible in June than April/early May too

Just now, Confused Clarity said:

It's not real. It's been posted already.

I did check, for science, and the adult channels are just running adverts all morning.

I was hoping for some sombre looking glamour models dressed in black lingerie tbh.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

I dont see the coronation being during the football season as like today you'll need a **** load of police so would be unable to police the games so either some careful planning will be needed or they'll do it post season. Weather is perhaps a little more relaible in June than April/early May too

Why would or should they care about disrupting the football season?

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I did check, for science, and the adult channels are just running adverts all morning.

I was hoping for some sombre looking glamour models dressed in black lingerie tbh.

All the sports channels are showing it though. I've put a fiver on Royal Engineers

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

most coronations take about a year from previous kings and queens, so summer would be out of tradition but less chance of being soaked in something like September

I'd say May/June more likely

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Fair play if you're still watching. Checked in a couple of times after 11, couldn't watch more than a minute at time, just not for me, though thought camera coverage looked incredible. 

There was one shot of the procession going past Churchill's statue with the camera positioned over Churchills shoulder as if looking on that just looked incredible. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The final day of the EPL is Sunday the 28th May (with 4 London teams at home) so in theory you could have the Coronation on Saturday 27th or even Friday 26th ?

1 minute ago, cms186 said:

I can barely comprehend wasting half a day to queue up to see a coffin for a few seconds, but to do it twice boggles my mind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62951092

Bit selfish really, considering there were people who missed out by minutes.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They'll pick a date for the coronation, and every one else will having to work around it. It's going to be several months before the earliest chance it happens I think though. But they will absolutely give zero ****s about football, or much else. 

9 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Bit selfish really, considering there were people who missed out by minutes.

It is selfish and not really justifiable but anyone who missed out only really has themselves to blame.

Sadly we now have the nonsense commentary again.