Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Republican. I might watch the news for 10 minutes this evening, but I don't really get it. It's just a funeral. Nothing's going to happen. I mean, obviously if I was live screen-shotting I could get ahead of the memes. It is going to be one of the most important days for memes. I concede that.

The Coronation might be a bit interesting, and for those people who watching it all is important, that's fine. Ceremony is important for some.

Just now, The_jagster said:

Watching as it's significant but my word am I going to have to absorb a lot of nonsense.

Same here.

I did learn something from Huw though. That being drawn on a gun carriage only dares back to Queen Victoria on 1901 and only because the horses misbehaved that day. They thoughtnug looked so good they kept it.

We're such a bonkers country.

1 hour ago, hardeepR said:

I’m a bit disappointed by the lack watch parties on the various streaming services :( 
It’s surely what she would have wanted.

( Incidentally @Confused Clarity when this thread is closed - and hopefully joins the hall of fame - that you finish it with a suitable “what she would wanted” comment :) )

Am I really having to be the one who honours the end of her reign with the last word on this thread? 

Surely @SouthCoastRed would be a better person, considering he was there for the entire duration?

Edited by Confused Clarity

4 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

:( Singles thread is still active, if you need advice after today.

Already had the argument about 'why do you not want to go?', 'oh, I don't know love  something to do with getting up with our daughter at half 5, having work tommorow and not wanting to go to Central London to sit in a fecking park because everything else is shut.'

Suffice to say, she was unimpressed.

Edited by sc91

4 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

So who else *isn't* watching this?

I've just got zero interest in it. I watched an hour of coverage on the day she died but not a single second since. 

I haven’t turned the TV on and am about to go out for the day.

I don’t mind if people want to watch it, but find it odd the amount of people doing so who are just moaning about it. 

9 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I've just got zero interest in it. I watched an hour of coverage on the day she died but not a single second since. 

Got a bingo card of things to spot to keep the daughter interested, spotted a load already on the BBC feed though... just gotta find the actual royals, black rod, tall paul, Elton John and a few others.

Hoping to sneak off for a run though, because **** watching this all the way through

Edited by Bootador

5 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Now if the government had followed my plan and designated this weekend a period of mourning, they would have had access to the coaches Premier League football clubs use instead of, well, these school bus classics

They should have made Biden get on the buses like everybody else.

13 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I'm not watching.

I've got nothing else to do today, but I've got no interest in watching it. 

14 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I might watch House of the Dragon instead. Or Babestation….

31 minutes ago, sc91 said:

Misses going into Central London to meet her mom, which means I am going. :mad:.

Sorry mate but your missus is an idiot :D 

Its one thing not being bothered about the royal funeral but why would you voluntarily go into central London at that time?!

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Everyone is gagging to get back to normal, you're straight into v important fiscal events this week.

Yep. Today will be very much the bookend I think.

There'll still be ralk of it of course, but as with most deaths, i expect the funeral will be when the majority moves on.