EURO 2020(1?) Football forum average draft - Group E

GunmaN1905

Group E  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Match 1

2. 2. Match 2

3. 3. Match 3

grff                                                                       PaulHartman71                                                          The Golden Boy

1850600_Wales.jpg.00660ef682b573452b1ed9image.png.e56753da84c3ae35865f8dda9506b84b.png1850598_Football_Manager_Team.jpg.c43937

Three matches in the group, please vote for the winner of each match.
Winner of each group advances to last 16 automatically.
Two second place teams with worst total vote difference are eliminated, so please vote carefully because every vote will count.

Polls are active for ~24h, give or take.

Everyone is welcome to vote, not just players participating in the draft!
Would also be nice if you could write a sentence or two to explain why you voted the way you did.

To avoid shambles, participants of the group can't vote. If you do, your votes don't count.

@Darius1998@Barry Cartman@Jorg@bestbrother@Baptista_8@Hazzaj@grff@Marius_R@PaulHartman71@Kawee@The Golden boy@Butts@Haguey@Citizen Kane@Yuko @sjg11@adhikapp@managerdude_66@SRL88@Sano@trueblue.85@SouthCoastRed@MaxeyN17@Harryseaess@Scott1892@Crispypaul@XuluBak

First rock-paper-scissors group for me.  Just on names, PaulHartman71 would take it comfortably, but his team is very unbalanced left vs right, and I could see Henry and Overmars stealing that result for grff. 

Midfield balance is coming at a premium in these lineups it seems, and Golden Boy's got that department comfortably won, couple that with two Ballon d'Or winners in attack and good fullbacks capable of playing the modern game? He takes the group for me.

Feels harsh to have a team with Šuker and Henry up front come last, and grff's choice of Hierro also deserves recognition, but beyond his back four he doesn't have much in terms of defensive contribution, in a bit of contrast to PaulHartman's midfield, who I think also balances pace creativity and goal scoring quite well, not to mention in Oliver Kahn is has a goalkeeper that can steal games almost on his own.

Match 1: Both teams have some balance issues in midfield. Both teams have basically 6 players going forward with no-one sitting and both teams have great forward players. This is incredibly close and I think it would be a back and forth match with no midfield control. I slightly prefer Paul's wide players and the Silva-Lampard combo would be crucial here. Henry and Suker would link up well but in a game where attack is King, I think Paul would edge this, 3-2.

Match 2: Golden Boy has a far more balanced team than either of the other two here, assuming this is late career Pirlo who sat and sprayed from deep. He wasn't known for his defensive ability and usually had a 3 behind him, but it is still more balanced, and I think he would win this match quite easily despite the slightly underwhelming Kovacic and Shay Given. Golden Boy by a couple of goals.

Match 3: Similar story again, Davids in a 3 offers slightly more protection than Grff's two, but he's never a sitting player. Golden Boy wins again by a couple.

Ultimately the first match was the crucial one for me.

The closest group for me so far.

Voting isn't done, but I have to give my opinion. :kriss:

I had to give the first game to grff.
That right side with Alpay-Helveg-Petrov-Mertens is too average even for my average draft. :D
Mertens isn't even a winger, especially not right winger.

Grff's team also has some question marks, his right side is also average, but Šuker-Henry is one of the best attacking duos in the game.

Second matchup was extremely close, but I ultimately decided for The Golden Boy. Midfelders+ wingers are better if you ask me. Defenses are about even, Kahn is a big plus for Paul, but Given was also a very good keeper.

And I went with Golden Boy for the last matchup. Again, his team ultimately looks the best in terms of balance.

Closest one so far, too bad there aren't more votes.

grff-PaulHartman71 12-10

grff-The Golden Boy 11-11

PaulHartman71-The Golden Boy 12-10

@grff wins the group with 23-21. Advances to knockouts.

@PaulHartman71 is second with 22-22.

@The Golden boy is eliminated with 21-23. Thanks for participating in the draft!

Really unlucky for both of you. Second place gets worse vote difference and you're eliminated even though you'd easily be second in most groups.