Striking an offical

Very sure it's not in the game, but it's in the competition rules IRL, so that's why FM also adds it in rules.

Circa CM 00/01 it was in the game, but obviously it wasn't a good look on the game or the player. Headbutts, brawls with multiple reds have been in the game too. 

Edited by Nacaw

I assume it is in the rules of the league because it exists as a rule but cannot actually happen, I imagine it is similar to the fact only regens are ever reported leaving a nightclub because a real player may complain if they are reported doing that even in a game. 

So similarly a real life player may object to himself being represented as hitting an official even in a game, And you probably cannot make something like that happen only to regens with the match engine the way it is

So if it happened offscreen it would be pointless 

34 minutes ago, marclogan19 said:

I believe there are some things in game that can happen but only to regens or newgens, no real life player. Can't think of the top of my head but might be like a drugs ban or something

It's kind of a shame that you have to play 10+ years into the future to get the full effect of the personality/event spectrum

53 minutes ago, marclogan19 said:

I believe there are some things in game that can happen but only to regens or newgens, no real life player. Can't think of the top of my head but might be like a drugs ban or something

I think only re-gens 'come out' in the game.

13 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

Has anyone ever had a player get the 12 game ban for this? Does it happen or is that like frowned upon within the game?

SI have often advised that this type of incident, whilst it can happen rarely in real life, would not be represented in the game

Can't remember which version it was, but I remember having Giovanni Von bronkhorst sent off and bannrd for pushing the ref. It was when he just signed for Rangers. 

I do miss the brawls in the game. Certainly made those rival games more entertaining.

It's a shame they gave it the chuck.

11 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s false advertisement if it’s in the rules but doesn’t actually happen in the game. There should be some sort of note that says it doesn’t exist if you are even going to list it.

It's in the rules in the game (FM) because it's in the rules In real life (football).

I am assuming it isn't in for newgens because they can't program the match engine to differentiate between real and regen and setting it up to only happen after a certain date isn't worth the hassle 

We could have it happen off screen and just be told it happened but what is the point in that when people would complain about that too

If it isn't in there is a reason 

On 14/02/2021 at 06:46, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s false advertisement if it’s in the rules but doesn’t actually happen in the game. There should be some sort of note that says it doesn’t exist if you are even going to list it.

Not at all.  They include accurate rules as per that league. 

But there's very good reasons for it not actually happening in the game.

On 16/02/2021 at 09:02, kevhamster said:

Not at all.  They include accurate rules as per that league. 

But there's very good reasons for it not actually happening in the game.

Then make that note inside the game. Otherwise people will think it’s possible. Knowing the truth now, I’m more likely to sign a player than will get in a ref’s face knowing that it’s a 0% chance that he will actually strike someone and get a long suspension. 

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

That's why the trait "Argues with referees" doesn't have any impact whatsoever in the ME. So I don't understand why that is a trait.

Players do get booked for dissent or did on recent versions, I have seen a player get booked when another player has been sent off in the last couple of versions