Football Manager 2019 - BETA, Previous versions time of release

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 99 said:

My soon to be wife doesn't like football but already asked me to teach her how to play. I think she realized it's the only way we will do something together for the next month. I love her.

I tried this. Got as far as "so what do I do?" before we gave up on it.

5 minutes ago, steff91 said:
1 minute ago, BnadnerB said:

I bet that info is correct, most men will be smaller in real life so create their manager to fit in with their wish of being taller!

I always report my height correctly, but maybe tweak the weight a bit lol

3 minutes ago, BnadnerB said:

I bet that info is correct, most men will be smaller in real life so create their manager to fit in with their wish of being taller!

I quite often invent a complete character in terms of name, appearance etc. Adds to the role playing element for me, especially when playing in overseas leagues.

Just keep going into the steam library in the lingering hope that we see this in the next few hours - preferably before i have to go start dreaded work..

install.PNG.cfff6d4531601e81d075a7378c2f4e94.PNG

1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

I quite often invent a complete character in terms of name, appearance etc. Adds to the role playing element for me, especially when playing in overseas leagues.

Unfortunately I lack the imagination to do that. Although I once made a female version of myself. She was weird, the beard didn’t help

2 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

actually thought of doing that myself  at times too,never did though

10 minutes ago, JavierChicharito14 said:

I have a feeling that those youtubers know when will the beta release

WAiting for goldenfm to drop the last tactics video after that beta will be available !

Of course they don't. Even Miles probably doesn't know exactly right now. 

Just now, gunner86 said:

Unfortunately I lack the imagination to do that. Although I once made a female version of myself. She was weird, the beard didn’t help

:D

I mean, I don't go as far as some other FM'ers in creating back-stories etc. But certainly a suitable name for a particular nation and a new appearance. Keeps things fresh.

Reading this thread is so funny. Being 36 I remember the old days before steam when you didn’t get a beta. Back then it was whether your local computer shop would release the game to you early. I do remember driving around on my way home from work one year as SI decided to let some stores sell it early. Ended up in a blockbusters of all places.

Then it progressed on to internet shopping & the forums having threads of play.com have sent my copy early with the usual melt down threads of people getting their copies through the post late.

How times have changed 😬

1 minute ago, Dawsey said:

Reading this thread is so funny. Being 36 I remember the old days before steam when you didn’t get a beta. Back then it was whether your local computer shop would release the game to you early. I do remember driving around on my way home from work one year as SI decided to let some stores sell it early. Ended up in a blockbusters of all places.

Then it progressed on to internet shopping & the forums having threads of play.com have sent my copy early with the usual melt down threads of people getting their copies through the post late.

How times have changed 😬

Wandering into Menzies and trying to half-inch a disk off the front of Amiga Action, before X-Copy came along and nobody ever paid for computer games ever again

2 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

How times have changed 😬

Steam is far from perfect, but I prefer this to venturing out into a cold & dark November evening to go to my local Game which would be populated with people mostly 20 years younger than me to pick up a physical copy.

7 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

How times have changed 😬

I’d forgotten all about play.com I remember preordering one version of the game from them and them posting it to the wrong block of flats. 

That and that alone are the entire reason I moved into a house.

I remember queuing up outside of GAME on FM release day, thinking it was a big queue for FM... turns out they had received a new batch of Consoles that day and people were waiting in line for those... the look on the staff members face when I said I was there for FM and not the console 🤣

8 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

How times have changed 😬

Haha same here mate, 33 and I remember going into blockbuster one day and I think it was FM08 or around that time was just sitting there. Couldn't find it anywhere else. Good times man.

9 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

How times have changed 😬

That was a proper nostalgia trip!

Hello to everyone :)

So what are you guys doing while waiting for beta release?

My Savegame of FM 18 is gone due to a Software Error of my System, so i cant play Pool in Year 2025 anymore :/ Beside that, its hard to play with fingers crossed anyway.

5 minutes ago, steff91 said:

Dont know why people actually buy physical copies of the game

collection/display

same with books -- every book is available in digital format now but you'd still like to have a physical copy on your display case

Archived