Final: France vs Croatia, 4pm BST

GunmaN1905

It's been really entertaining, but I think it's safe to say that this WC has the worst teams in top4 since 2002.

Unbelievably stacked France playing way below their capabilities and scraping wins based on set pieces, dubious penalties and terrible mistakes from opposition.

Croatian team playing to their best, but with couple of glaring holes in the lineup and absolutely no depth anywhere other than midfield.

Belgium that has played some great football, but also lack defensive quality.

England, even though you guys will hate me, that's just an average knockout round level team, but had a lot of things going their way.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Croatia are so strong mentally that I think they will come out and score one more. However France could well improve and score another 2. 

Can't wait to see the second half :thup:

Well at least I wasn't wrong :lol:

Good to see Mbappe has already perfected an arms-folded goal celebration that makes you want to punch him in the face. A worthy successor to Cristiano Ronaldo if he is set to take over on Best-Player-In-The-World duty.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

It's been really entertaining, but I think it's safe to say that this WC has the worst teams in top4 since 2002.

Unbelievably stacked France playing way below their capabilities and scraping wins based on set pieces, dubious penalties and terrible mistakes from opposition.

Croatian team playing to their best, but with couple of glaring holes in the lineup and absolutely no depth anywhere other than midfield.

Belgium that has played some great football, but also lack defensive quality.

England, even though you guys will hate me, that's just an average knockout round level team, but had a lot of things going their way.

Couldn't give a rat's arse, this world cup has been brilliant and the last 4 being comparatively "weak" has added to it

this wc was made to the French side. Pogba foul in the first goal and that penalty happens cause French president was there "watching". Delivered even before it started!

Just now, merry_miller said:

Still gutted it's not us :( that 1 defensive slip cost us.  

It's not you because you had no quality.

Look at how France dismantled Croatia once they got the lead.

You had 2 more chances when you led, then completely fell apart and deservedly lost.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I don't disagree with you there, to be honest.

In my eyes, the top three at this tournament were the best three teams, but yes, they don't exactly compare well to France 1998 or Germany 2010/2014.

Just now, CFuller said:

I don't disagree with you there, to be honest.

In my eyes, the top three at this tournament were the best three teams, but yes, they don't exactly compare well to France 1998 or Germany 2010/2014.

Probably Belgium as second best team.

I think that all finalists from 2006 onwards are better than these teams, except for maybe Argentina.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Probably Belgium as second best team.

I think that all finalists from 2006 onwards are better than these teams, except for maybe Argentina.

I have Belgium as the second-best team ahead of Croatia as well, to be honest.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

I have Belgium as the second-best team ahead of Croatia as well, to be honest.

@daylight Said it yesterday - if Belgium hadn't finished above England they'd make the final and might have beaten France, as the final is a different beast and their actual match was a tight one decided by a setpiece.

Just now, JDownie said:

@daylight Said it yesterday - if Belgium hadn't finished above England they'd make the final and might have beaten France, as the final is a different beast and their actual match was a tight one decided by a setpiece.

Honestly, it's not.

If they replayed the game 10 times, it would be maybe 7-3 or 6-4 for France.
Belgium didn't deserve the final because even Croatia created more against France than they did.

But France winning it with this playstyle is anti-propaganda for football.

When Greece did it, it was good because they had no other possible way of playing.
This French team is by far the most stacked one on the tournament and they're really dislikeable, in terms of both playstyle and player behaviour.

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

For all we know, they could've collapsed against Colombia or blown it against Croatia (I don't think Sweden would have caused them problems). That's neither here nor there, though. I'm just saying that Belgium have been marginally more impressive than Croatia.

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Not sure I'd say France have been the best team in this tournament.

They're definitely been the smartest team tactical. 

Croatia and Belgium have been more entertaining though

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Honestly, it's not.

If they replayed the game 10 times, it would be maybe 7-3 or 6-4 for France.
Belgium didn't deserve the final because even Croatia created more against France than they did.

But France winning it with this playstyle is anti-propaganda for football.

When Greece did it, it was good because they had no other possible way of playing.
This French team is by far the most stacked one on the tournament and they're really dislikeable, in terms of both playstyle and player behaviour.

I didn't see the game but Hugo Lloris got a lot of credit for keeping a clean sheet against Belgium. 

Just now, JDownie said:

No I was just mocking. 

France will go out at the group stages though. 

After a draw against Curaçao and a 2-0 loss to Uzbekistan, thus ending their defence before the last 32 stage. ;)

Archived