Round of 16: France v Argentina (1500BST)

Rob1981

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

Argentina looking hopeless at the back here

They look hopeless going forward as well... they don’t seem to know what to do with it? 

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

We've seen enough of Higuain and Aguero.

Messi doesn't like Dybala.

isn't it a case of Argentines liking "locals" in the team as well? similar to Brazil at points

I mean players from their domestic league which Pavon and Meza are.  Personally I'd be playing Aguero upfront in a 3 with Messi on the right and Dybala on the left but I'm not the manager

3 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Not see Messi get on the ball yet. 

Notably he tried to play a one-two in the build-up to France's penalty near the edge of the box. It went to Banega whose touch let Mbappé through. :D

not sure if Messi played it to Banega or if it was someone else after Messi passed it. 

Giroud with the slowest and most clueless off the ball run ever there. 

He was too busy staring at the grass he forgot to look for the ball, just started running in the wrong direction. What a pillock. 

Now that I think about it, Argentina have replaced England at this world cup. 

Struggling to get through the groups, just selecting some star players without a real gameplan. Shocking goalkeeper error as is customary for England. Goalkeeper not a locked down position because of that. 

Argentina are the new England. 

E: not to mention humped in the first KO round. 

Just now, JDownie said:

Now that I think about it, Argentina have replaced England at this world cup. 

Struggling to get through the groups, just selecting some star players without a real gameplan. Shocking goalkeeper error as is customary for England. Goalkeeper not a locked down position because of that. 

Argentina are the new England. 

What star players?

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Not saying they aren't right about the strikers, but the amount of lazy analysis this tournament about Argentina's problems this tournament baffles me.

How can people watch this back line and midfield **** themselves and think playing Agüero or Dybala is going to solve it???

But the only strength they have is attack and even then they keep picking these weird systems instead of just playing 2 strikers and Messi and at least going for it and causing the other side problems 

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

What star players?

Messi, Di Maria, Aguero have all been used without a clear gameplan for them. I don't think Higuain has played but traditionally when he plays for Argentina there's no real gameplan. Same for Dybala. 

Their squad selection features about 5 world class attackers and Sampaoli hasn't got a clue how to use them. Just like England with Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard. 

Archived