It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I think Belgium is the weakest in that side.
Brazil>France>Uruguay>Belgium, although anything could happen.

Same goes for the other side, just a level below.
Croatia and England on around the same level, Colombia a bit lower because of their unpredictability and James injury and extremely organized Sweden that lacks quality. Russia as an outsider.

That's England's problem.

Why would losing to Colombia in a close game be a choke?

What has England achieved over the past couple of years or in this tournament so they could say they're favorites and not winning would be choking?

Because against all the teams left England should just be coasting to the final based on their team.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

maxresdefault.jpg

It's true though.

This was the ideal scenario I think, as hopefully (hopefully) the media and certain fans will not be such massively arrogant dicks now... (probably not). Let's not assume it's all easy wins until the final, because anyone who thinks that has been proven epicly wrong!

Just now, Andrew_ said:

They didn't create anything. Was pretty easy tbf.

Ok so here's one fan who hasn't learned.

Sudden death penalty win after missing one, yeah ****ing rolled over them didn't we?

2 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Ok so here's one fan who hasn't learned.

Sudden death penalty win after missing one, yeah ****ing rolled over them didn't we?

This thread is a joke and it's the first time in 22 years we've won when we were s***. Yeah, we are going to party \:D/

;)

Just now, Redshift said:

This thread is a joke and it's the first time in 22 years we've won when we were s***. Yeah, we are going to party \:D/

;)

Those who are joking are fine.

I don't think England played ****, they just lost it at the end. Inexperience perhaps.

But I'd say it's at most 12 years, England 1-0 Ecuador.

Anyone that turned their back on Gareth's brave lads during the game needs shaming! I'm looking at Bliss and Wands for a start. 

Also I thought Cuadrado was gonna rip Young apart tonight? I just hope Young remembers to take him out of his pocket before the Sweden game otherwise poor Juan may miss his flight home ;) 

22 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Who lost their nerve and changed the thread title? :D 

Me. 

I could post a video of me rapping world in motion to make up for it, but I'll save that for the final. 

**** me. I hate being England. 

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Anyone that turned their back on Gareth's brave lads during the game needs shaming! I'm looking at Bliss and Wands for a start. 

Also I thought Cuadrado was gonna rip Young apart tonight? I just hope Young remembers to take him out of his pocket before the Sweden game otherwise poor Juan may miss his flight home ;) 

Did Cuadrado do anything at all other than blazing a good chance over the bar? Poor Young must be having nightmares :D

3 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Me. 

I could post a video of me rapping world in motion to make up for it, but I'll save that for the final. 

**** me. I hate being England. 

Not good enough, I want a full reconstruction of the Colombian hitting the cross bar 

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Did Cuadrado do anything at all other than blazing a good chance over the bar? Poor Young must be having nightmares :D

He only managed that shot by moving into the middle of the pitch so he didn't have to face Young, who was excellent all night. 

10 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Not just Cuadrado, the way some were talking we'd have been on for a Brazil-Germany scoreline.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He only managed that shot by moving into the middle of the pitch so he didn't have to face Young, who was excellent all night. 

Was only because of Walker's mistake as well

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Still last longer then Gabriel Jesus's run in the Brazil team 

:hammer:

Gabriel Jesus will remain as a starter until he retires!

7 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Not just Cuadrado, the way some were talking we'd have been on for a Brazil-Germany scoreline.

Some really were building Colombia up like mega stars. Their absence on this thread tonight is noted. 

If we don't beat Sweden, who by the way, are absolutely utterly ****. I will be very very very disappointed. 

I was worried about Colombia game. After the first half, I wa quite pleased seeing how **** scared they were of us. 

They had nothing

Sweden, have less nothings. 

I have no doubt we're going semis

I'm. **** scared. 

There's a lot of work to do though. That discussion lives for another day. 

4 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Some really were building Colombia up like mega stars. Their absence on this thread tonight is noted. 

I think it has everything to do with it being [insert 'exotic, South American side'] and absolutely nothing else. Sure, they were no pushovers, but at the same time we're talking about a side who limped through qualification. Their recent results showed nothing of a side that were going to tear us apart.

Neither Colombia nor England looked impressive today. But England won in the end and I think they will reach the semis too, and then who knows.

Archived