The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Real Madrid :lol:

Anyone who thinks they're better than Atlético is mental, bossed on their own back yard.

Wonder if Marc will allow me to say that Cristiano was utterly ***** once again. He's had a shocking season by top player standards and stat padding against Espanyol and Malmo won't change that.

Real's record against Atleti has been terrible for a while now so i doubt many are surprised by that, and its not the criticising a performance i laugh at, just fyi.

Real are bloody awful in the big games atm.

Probably the best performance from Atletico in a little while as well, probably because the emphasis wasn't on them to break down a side for once. It's all irrelevant anyway as Barca are going to ease to the title.

Yeah the way Atletico play in big games they need a very fit and active outlet up-top who can put in the work of 2 men. That ended up being a David Villa who's legs had fallen off by December and a woefully out of form Adrian, yet still RM almost lost.

He already said something new to make us forget that one. With outbursts like that he will leave in the summer for sure.

Truth is it's not beneficial to nobody anymore. He is performing less, the team is not winning, when Bale returns it will be clear once again why he is seen as the new star of the team.

I like CR7 and truly hope he makes me a happy European champion in July. But it's time for him to leave Real.

He already said something new to make us forget that one. With outbursts like that he will leave in the summer for sure.

Truth is it's not beneficial to nobody anymore. He is performing less, the team is not winning, when Bale returns it will be clear once again why he is seen as the new star of the team.

I like CR7 and truly hope he makes me a happy European champion in July. But it's time for him to leave Real.

Not sure where he'd end up if he's already peaked. PSG would love the shirt sales from it and the superstar name and we all know Man Utd would have him back in a heartbeat. But those two seem the only two options and if van Gaal is still there/United don't have European football they'll be up against it to try and attract him.

Didn't see the game, but I'm sure there were worse performers then Ronaldo once again. We get you don't like him, so just becomes tedious when it's only him picked out of the Real Madrid each time they lose. Whole Real Madrid team are absolute bottlers in the big games since Jose left.

How can you honestly justify that opinion after by your own omission that you didn't even watch the game?

PSG for Cristiano then :D burning bridges with one last pay day to go.

Ronaldo did apparently whisper something to Blanc when they met in the group stages

"Oh what did he say, what did he say" and all that media rubbish and was apparently 'I like the way your team plays football' so the seeds had been sown for PSG down the line then it's whether he wants to move or not

Since G.Nev was appointed Valencia manager I've watched a lot of their games and I'm really liking la liga this season for some reason. Before I've only ever really watched Barcelona and Real but I'm wanting to find a club to follow properly. I find myself cheering for Barcelona a lot but I don't want to be one of those fans. I'm generally drawn to the lower clubs but I suppose the best way to do this is to keep watching games and see what sticks. I'm tempted by Getafe but they have Vergini who is ex-Sunderland so that won't work. And he's turd. Maybe Depor as they have Jonas but they're website looks like it's from the 90's and they dont have an airport that connects to the UK so I'll never see a game. I'm thinking along the lines of Sporting, Rayo, Espantol, Levante. Not really bothered by Sevilla, Athletic, Valencia, Betis, etc - the clubs with a decent history. Any suggestions. I could go proper hispter and follow a segunda team like Valladolid or Almeria but I'd prefer one I can watch every week on sky.

Decided to watch Betis vs Rayo in the hope that I'd be able to pick one of those but that didn't work. In the end I've gone with Deportivo based on watching that game and really wanting them to win against Granada. They have a few links with Newcastle with Colocinni, Luque, and Xisco being signed from them, and Jonás coming on and ending up going in goal for them helped. So, yeah, ¡Vamos Dépor! or something. Not won a game since the middle of December though - so I ain't no glory supporter.

Only in Spain can you get sent off for a perfectly good tackle :rolleyes:

Cleared the ball, caught Rakitic on the follow through. Joke decision by the ref wasnt even a foul.

That was a foul, not malicious but he followed with studs very high.

Didnt actually think that was a foul that led to the freekick that led to the second red card. You see that all the time in the lower leagues and its always play on.

second red card was with the penalty? or are you just chaining events together to try and argue that wasn't a red? :D

The pen came from a freekick striking the bar before Serigo was taken out from behind. He's trying to say he doesn't feel it was a freekick

He's been so good, baffling to think these are his first professional matches. Chelsea so **** at giving anyone an opportunity.

Hopefully his talent means we don't look past him. Has potential to be world class.

Watching the Betis game now. Kits so difficult to tell apart ffs.

Archived