The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky commentators so clueless, just because Lucas made his debut as a LB vs Barca last season in the Copa Del Rey doesn't mean that's his natural position :rolleyes:

He's played nearly every game since then as a CB ffs.

yeah, they really dont have a clue about the none Real/Barca sides in the league, was watching the Valencia-Sevilla game last week and they kept going on about how "Veteran" players have let Valencia down this season (which is true) but then went on to list Diego Alves, Jose Gaya and Andre Gomes as the main culprits, Alves who has been injured most the season and decent since he came back and Gomes + Gaya, who are 22 and 20 respectively, have both had multiple medium term injuries this season keeping them out for multiple months at a time and are both only in their second full season of La Liga football

I forgot he did Spanish football, can make him my least favourite over Armstrong. Most negative **** imaginable, every moment is somebody's fault never just a good goal or a brilliant save or a nice bit of defending :mad:

Fernando Torres really finding his form now, almost looks his old self :eek:

Haven't they always done that since Pep?

Surely this is their worst form since then. I don't remember anything as bad before.

Always had a small squad yeah, but they used the fringe players a lot more in past years.

Luis Enrique doesn't trust people like Bartra, Adriano, Munir, Sandro ..even Aleix Vidal. Could argue he's right not to trust them, but in that case they should have been replaced. It's basically a squad of 14 trusted outfield players (Arda Turan, Rafinha, Mathieu, Sergi Roberto outside of the first choice team). That's way too small.

They really lack another forward option who can deputise for the front 3, Arda is far more of a midfielder.

Still requires Barca to drop points again, which considering their schedule is unlikely but title race back on! Think Real are far more likely to get the upset win than Atletico though as I can't see Atleti winning out with the schedule they have+CL matches.

Always had a small squad yeah, but they used the fringe players a lot more in past years.

Luis Enrique doesn't trust people like Bartra, Adriano, Munir, Sandro ..even Aleix Vidal. Could argue he's right not to trust them, but in that case they should have been replaced. It's basically a squad of 14 trusted outfield players (Arda Turan, Rafinha, Mathieu, Sergi Roberto outside of the first choice team). That's way too small.

Seems to me that Barca like doing that though. They like to have a first choice (mostly world class XI) and then have loads of filler who hardly ever play.

Archived