The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember that happening before EUH? Been some ball boy shenanigans were they've stopped a quick throw (which is hardly unique to Atletico) but nothing when the ball was clearly in play like that.

Looks like Simeone actually did order the throw.

https://twitter.com/musicoloko7/status/723953171920498688

In which case ban is fully deserved, awful bit of cheating.

its happened in Spanish football before, i dont know if Atletico have done it before

Oh yeah I remember stuff like that happening before just not at an Atletico game in the last few years since. Seems weird to say he has previous for it, ball boys at all clubs can be kind of a bit stupid as they're after all only kids.

That latest video evidence however does suggest he was guilty. Though not remotely surprising that it's from a Real Madrid source :D Are we 100% sure that's actually from the same game?

Yeah. I was really annoyed with Mourinho for not giving him game time. Azpi done well at LB but when you have a natural at LB and buy him for a good fee, you put him in as your LB. Simple as. At least he is enjoying his football again. I realsied that too. You always manage to beat Bilbao away from home and grind victories there.
this is one I still struggle to understand, why on earth didn't Mourinho play Azpi as RB? I can understand why Azpi was chosen to play ahead of Felipe Luis, but not quite understand why there wasn't room for both of them in the starting XI

this is one I still struggle to understand, why on earth didn't Mourinho play Azpi as RB? I can understand why Azpi was chosen to play ahead of Felipe Luis, but not quite understand why there wasn't room for both of them in the starting XI

Because he is stubborn and did not want to drop Ivanovic. That is fine if they are favoured but his lack of rotation was bloody frustrating. We would have a UCL game then 3 days after have a team at home you knew it was a banker for us and yet he still persisted with the same rubbish. As good as Azpi had been at LB when you get a natural LB like Luis, he should have made him no.1 LB and had Azpi and Brana competing for the RB position.

It was, but it is not even a hindsight thing. I always thought having Azpi at LB should be a short term solution thing, not a long term. I was pissed off when we sold Bertrand but I got over that kind of when Luis arrived then you know.... now it looks like we still might be addressing the 'LB problem'.

Hope Rayo don't go down, always an entertaining side but they seemed to have been pulled right back into it recently.

If Atletico don't concede more than 1 goal in the final 2 games, against Levante and Celta, they'll set a new La Liga record for least goals conceded in a season :cool:

As good as Suarez & Neymar are, they really do waste so many chances set up by Messi.

Suarez and Neymar were both **** today. As good as Suarez has been, there has been numerous matches where he is not in the game but because Messi is in the team he scores.

Hope Rayo don't go down, always an entertaining side but they seemed to have been pulled right back into it recently.

If Atletico don't concede more than 1 goal in the final 2 games, against Levante and Celta, they'll set a new La Liga record for least goals conceded in a season :cool:

There defense matches their personality :brock:

The only team with less goals conceded is FC Money (15 goals) and they've played 4 less matches (Bundesliga's less arduous too)

Barca are not dropping any points.

Also as for Sevilla unless they somehow win at Bilbao they'll have gone a whole season without winning away in the league :lol: just nuts for a team of that quality.

So the new TV stuff seems all set for next year

http://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2016/05/06/572c48d1e5fdea5b628b46af.html

Good stuff :thup: Should hopefully make a real difference to the sides at the bottom.

Also Atletico to more than double their TV revenue from €45 million to €100 million. Really dread to think where Atleti would be know without Simeone, pretty much paid off so much debt and reached a solid financial footing purely through his success and know look set to benefit from it.

Valencia have been ****ing dreadful defensively in this game, but have had so many chances to score, 2 open goals missed, Parejo hit the bar with a free kick, Cassila had to make several really good saves :D

so a Valencia assistant and Rodrigo were sent off, according to the referees report they were sent off for saying

Assistant "Everyone is playing for something here. Please respect us!"

Rodrigo: calling the linesman "s***"

never change La Liga refs :D

Can't believe Atletico lost to Levante who were already relegated. I wanted them to finish above Real.

Atletico haven't won at Levante since they were promoted to La Liga in 2010, real bogey ground for them. Almost cost them the title in 2014 as well.

Atletico haven't won at Levante since they were promoted to La Liga in 2010, real bogey ground for them. Almost cost them the title in 2014 as well.

WOW. Never knew that. I still can't help but laugh at that Costa-Sissoko incident couple seasons ago :D

You'd expect Barça to win, but after the last month I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Either a close frustrating game or a comfortable trashing probably. I can see them getting anxious if Granada get the first goal.

Archived