Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the full match. Another 3 points, which is great, but still so many reasons to be frustrated.

You can't always kill games like this off, no argument, but we never kill these types of game off anymore. I was sat watching with 5 minutes left all ready to come in here and discuss how we've just sat on our lead and stuttered to the win as opposed to the old days where we would more often than not be 2/3-0 up by the 80 minute mark, when we go and give away a stupid penalty and prove my point in this very match. Thankfully we managed to push for the goal we should be pushing harder for in the previous 30 minutes, in the dying moments, and then with a bit of luck involved. But sooner or later it is going to bite us on the arse again.

Rojo showing what a genuinely thick ******* he is. No need to make that challenge there. Smalling his usual great self although didn't really need to show it as often today. Jones did well, but again showed that he has fully taken Rafael's spot as the most consistently injured player ever. Depay and Lingard both did ok but didn't really do anything to wow you. Young again showed that he is a much more solid choice at RB than Valencia both in offence and defence. de Gea was again fantastically solid.

I was a bit perplexed at the change in system after the Herrera injury, and again I think it - in part at least - shows some squad mismanagement that LVG felt the need to change system due to that injury when we were in total control. At least change back to our usual 4-2-3-1 rather than back to the perpetually poor 3 CB system. Also fantastic that we literally had no strikers available today.

I will just counter all that by saying that I'm not even sure anymore that we're capable of consistently putting 2/3/4 past the likes of Watford. It isn't like we have the level of squad we had even 6/7 years ago and certainly today we didn't.

Yeah, was clearly never going to be a battering. Not that that is a defence for the way we switched off, but injuries and losing Herrera clearly played a part in that.

General consensus before the match was that it would be hard work and that was the case. Teams who want to win titles find ways to win in those situations and we did. I still don't think we have what it takes to go all the way without a miraculous January window but it's certainly encouraging that we're competitive.

Just hope Herrera isn't hurt too badly, didn't seem it during the celebration though.

Very relieved to get the 3 points today, predicted us to win 2-1 beforehand but thought we had thrown it away when it got to 1-1.

Lingard has no excuse not to score that chance before they get the penalty. Really poor effort that. Memphis had a good game. Took his goal well. Great first time cross from Herrera, speaking of Herrera, we were not as good when he went off and we changed formation (which was a strange thing to do imo) Smalling did what Smalling does once again. Jones had a good game until he went off injured but I thought Rojo was poor, he looked nervy whenever the ball came near him, a few rash wild kicks of the ball and a stupid decision he made to give away the penalty.

First vs Second next Saturday evening then! Big game. Just hope we have Rooney, Martial, Herrera and Jones back.

Not the best first half, we spend around 5 minutes building up some forwards movement, PSV get 2on2 vs our defence in a matter of seconds :thdn:

Some glimpses that we're starting to turn the wheel though, just need a bit more precision and a good chance should present itself. Martial looking good, though he looks frustrated. Lingard has been impressive. Rooney has been ****.

Would like to see Mata and Young at some point in the 2nd half.

Archived