Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone give me some hope and tell me where a goal is going to come from? We're not scoring from a cross in open play. We're nowhere near their goal when we pass the ball. No one wants to shoot. No ones running from midfield. Rooney is awful. Martial is too far from goal. Mata's not been in the game.

A Young dive maybe.

Ah Fellaini. Get him on ASAP.

I just don't see "dominating". I see a team sitting back, inviting us onto them because they know how **** we are and look to break. So for 44 or whatever minutes the game is going exactly as planned for Leicester. So dunno how that's us dominating anything.

I saw us moving the ball about and actually getting into some decent positions. Yes it requires moments of brilliance like Martial but it was putting Leicester under pressure.

Rooney has had crap touches but still been toeing the line by moving it about quicker and it has pulled the momentum back in our favour.

What a load of ****.

This has got to be Rooneys worst game. He is just getting dominated by every player in the league and when he has space the bad touch or bad pass tops it off.

352 isn't working either. Young gets the ball and there's no one close to him so he has to cross to martial in the box by himself

Carrick is practically playing on top of smalling. No need for him to be so deep all the time.

And to top it off we had to let the ****ing idiot score. Would rather us got beat 3-0 than him scoring. And why for those ****wit Leicester fans singing about Ruud? He's had nothing but good things to say about the record getting beaten.

It's embarrassing that all the good play has come from Leicester. That exchange round our box is something we can only dream of right now.

I saw us moving the ball about and actually getting into some decent positions. Yes it requires moments of brilliance like Martial but it was putting Leicester under pressure.

Rooney has had crap touches but still been toeing the line by moving it about quicker and it has pulled the momentum back in our favour.

Wouldn't even call it brilliance, it was just a good player doing good things. We've missed that a lot recently.

Agree with every paragraph gizzy wrote

I mean I know it's Gizzy so we should take what we can get but I don't think those count as paragraphs :brock:

We would take a draw before KO so I will take it now.

Really?

ill take boring football over that. that was just ****, and Rooney is leading by example. too many poor passes, not enough movement. bad decision after bad decision. It took us 86 minutes to make a forward pass onto a playing running into the box.

no need for 3 centre backs. Carrick dropped deep to split the,m and Smalling was left there like a spare part. He had no idea what he was meant to do when that happened.

Young not a left wing back.

Dariman not a right full back, his crossing is worse than Valencia's

Carrick far too deep

Mata like a lost little boy when played centrally, like the space and freedom of coming off the wing. Occupies the same space as rooney far too much.

Basti the only one I have anything positive to say anything about, shines in a pool of averageness.

Rooney. Ah Wayne, please do us all a favour and realise you aren't good enough at this level.

Martial is trying too hard, but the expectation that has been put on him is unreal most likely feels he has to do something every game.

Depay is Nani

I genuinely can’t think of a team that has been more consistently horrendous to watch, even when we win it’s in such a fashion that almost makes me not care. There is no justification for it, he’s had the time, money and he doesn't exactly have a terrible squad to work with but his horrible ‘vision’ for the team is insidious and everything the players do reeks of it.

I hate to use it as an example after only a few games, but look at the difference Klopp has made to that Liverpool squad, it may not last but the players actually look competent again. These performances come from the manager and I just want him gone, if it has to be at the end of the season then just get us to trundle over the top 4 finish line and **** off.

M

Really?

ill take boring football over that. that was just ****, and Rooney is leading by example. too many poor passes, not enough movement. bad decision after bad decision. It took us 86 minutes to make a forward pass onto a playing running into the box.

no need for 3 centre backs. Carrick dropped deep to split the,m and Smalling was left there like a spare part. He had no idea what he was meant to do when that happened.

Young not a left wing back.

Dariman not a right full back, his crossing is worse than Valencia's

Carrick far too deep

Mata like a lost little boy when played centrally, like the space and freedom of coming off the wing. Occupies the same space as rooney far too much.

Basti the only one I have anything positive to say anything about, shines in a pool of averageness.

Rooney. Ah Wayne, please do us all a favour and realise you aren't good enough at this level.

Martial is trying too hard, but the expectation that has been put on him is unreal most likely feels he has to do something every game.

Depay is Nani

That's seven of our players who aren't good enough. Amazing how we're one point off top. Yes, the play is not entertaining but he was brought in to stop us sliding into Liverpool type obscurity and so far he's achieving that. If that means we're boring for a season or two whilst he builds a team then so be it. Sorry if that's unpopular but he's doing the job he was brought in for.

getting a bit hard to stomach every week, this. just unbelievably dull football. but we're stable and generally winning, which i guess is what van gaal was hired for after the 7th disaster. his stabilisation and foundation laying job is almost done, and he'll leave as per his wishes soon enough, so there's no point crying about it.

As much as I hate the style of football we play, I can't help feeling that if we had some (bordering on) world class attackers (instead of the has-been and might-becomes we have now), we'd actually win the league this season.

We would, and it wouldnt be close either.

It seems managers are now using us to get an improved contract at their current club. Played Pep :thup:

To all those saying LVG was brought in to build a base and make us solid, and I was one of them, it seems to me he has done that and it is now time to take that forward and build upon it. I don't think LVG is the person to do that.

I suppose it should be at the end of the season we get the next guy in though. Think it will be Giggs.

There's no way LvG doesn't get his 3 years and it certainly wouldn't be cut short for Giggs. What we need now is player pull, Pep has it but will go to City regardless of what we do. Aguero and Sanchez having quiet starts gives something of a false impression because people lose sight of the fact it's still only November.

We would, and it wouldnt be close either.

It seems managers are now using us to get an improved contract at their current club. Played Pep :thup:

To all those saying LVG was brought in to build a base and make us solid, and I was one of them, it seems to me he has done that and it is now time to take that forward and build upon it. I don't think LVG is the person to do that.

I suppose it should be at the end of the season we get the next guy in though. Think it will be Giggs.

Well you blew the chance to get Klopp. If nobody good becomes available in the summer, LvG will stay on another year. If suddenly a world class manager pops up out of nowhere then the board may consider a change. Otherwise LvG will see out his contract and then pass the reigns to Giggs. Maybe he'll do what he did at Barca with Mourinho, and occasionally let Giggs take the reigns in cup games.

Still think the league is City's to lose. Once Aguero gets going they'll be hard to stop.

Having the best defence in the league is fine and dandy, something to build on and such, but we need to start scoring much more frequently. Our top scorer in the league is Mata with 4 goals. Vardy and Mahrez have scored more than our entire squad.

Honestly couldn't care for Ruud's record. Nice if he still had it of course, but he contributed much more important things than that 10-game scoring streak.

People saying they would have taken a draw before the game are an embarrassment. Imagine going to Leicester and being happy with a draw.

There's a picture of him weeks ago going to the Christmas do without any support.

Stan Collymore in talking sense shocker!

If Rooney Wasn’t English He’d Be Out The Door Pronto

I watched Wayne Rooney against Leicester on Saturday and without doubt there are several issues about the way he’s playing at the moment which should cause concern for Manchester United.

1. He’s not getting in behind defenders at all with his runs.

2. He’s creating virtually nothing when he drops off.

3. The energy and graft which kept him in sides when neither of the above were happening wasn’t there either.

United fans now know it, they see it and they are right to question it.

Why though, when the lad is a club legend , has won so much and will break the club record for goals?

Because he’s holding the team back currently, and if there was a straight swap with a striker or a number 10 who currently is recognised as one of the world’s best, United could win the title. It’s that simple.

Add the wise words of Sir Alex Ferguson which he repeated regularly; “no player is bigger than the club,” and the whole Rooney affair smacks of a player getting a game because of his name. That isn’t fair but more importantly…

I’m a Rooney fan, and as an England fan I appreciate his efforts at a time of change. From the “Golden generation,” to the cupboard being bare, to a few shoots of recovery recently. But even now at international level with Harry Kane scoring, Sterling putting in City performances, Sturridge finally back fit and Vardy breaking records, are we really going to suggest a man leads us into Euro 2016 ahead of those guys because of past glories?

We have even got into the situation in the media whereby when Rooney scores, the automatic headline is “HE’S BACK.” We all salivate how the deluge of goals are coming to stick a V up to those who dared doubt him.

But those goals from 4 or 5 years ago have dried up in truth. We comfort ourselves with “He can play as a 10, yes definitely a 10” and convince ourselves there is still plenty for him to offer. But he has shown nothing other than a little running around, the odd drilled pass wide and that’s it! That’s what 300k a week buys you!

Look, I am a Rooney fan, but the reality is for whatever reason he just isn’t doing it. I think he’s just got a lot of football miles on the clock and his football age, because of his longevity, is late 30’s. And in a season where his stats alone could be the difference between winning the title and not, it would be remiss of Van Gaal not to at least do his star striker a favour and stick him on the bench for a spell to see if he reacts.

If he doesn’t, then like Beckham, Stam, Keane and co., the cruel reality of great management needs to say one simple thing to Rooney.

You’re a club legend, but it’s time for you to go.

I agree with a whole lot of what he says.

Archived