Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Powell too now. Did I hit a time machine somewhere and this is the pre-season tour? :eek:

DDG has been surreal and all that, but we really should have scored more goals here. Feels like we're playing without a midfield, though.

230m spent and this is the best we can come up with.

Can we fluke a default place?

We looked better in attack and should have scored more than 2 but then looked worse at the back. For me we lost this in central midfield with Fellaini going walkabout and Schweingsteiger not having the legs. Darmian and Smalling injured. The youngsters played well, especially Varela. Van Gaals subs baffled me, why not Young at full back, we needed to score. He could have created space for Depay and we know he can cross a ball. Powell for Mata the most baffling change for me.

That said we didnt go out based on tonight. We threw this away in previous games, especially home to PSV. I think LvG hasnt got it right in europe and now we get Thursday night football.

Man City topped a much harder group too.

Well that was disappointing. Only positive really was the young players. Varela improved immensely second half, Borthwick-Jackson was fairly tidy, Powell looked sharp albeit didn't get much chance to get on the ball, Memphis and Martial were a lot better than previous games too.

Maybe if we had played some attacking football against PSV last match this wouldn't have happened. It also shows we can't chase a game when were down so what's the point? Injuries didn't help tonight but we threw away a fairly easy group because of LVG's style of crappy football.

Should have won this match really, but at the very least got a draw. We created enough chances, and certainly more than their lot. The early loss to PSV proved to be the deciding factor in the end. Damn. Shaw :(

It's good to see young players get a chance, but a deciding match in the CL is hardly the best time. Shouldn't have loaned out Januzaj.

If Smalling, a.k.a. our entire defence, is injured now, we're boned in the league too.

Should have won this match really, but at the very least got a draw. We created enough chances, and certainly more than their lot. The early loss to PSV proved to be the deciding factor in the end. Damn. Shaw :(

It's good to see young players get a chance, but a deciding match in the CL is hardly the best time. Shouldn't have loaned out Januzaj.

If Smalling, a.k.a. our entire defence, is injured now, we're boned in the league too.

They missed an 1v1 6 yards out after 3 mins, another when they shot straight at De Gea and there was the one where De Gea Came out his box and scrambled back and all the other chances?

Our defensive record is also part down to luck( teams missing chances)

Our lack of goals is also down to our lot missing chances. What's your point? :D

Suppose we won't give too much of a crap about the EL, so maybe the kids will get a decent run-out there. Trying to look at the bright side here... :/

Our lack of goals is also down to our lot missing chances. What's your point? :D

Suppose we won't give too much of a crap about the EL, so maybe the kids will get a decent run-out there. Trying to look at the bright side here... :/

We create chance's? When, must have missed that game?

Really not sure Januzaj has done anything at any time to suggest he would improve our team even in the state its in tonight. And yes LVG sold players but let's be fair, nobody sold has really been missed. It's the players he bought who don't seem up to it that worry me more.

Really not sure Januzaj has done anything at any time to suggest he would improve our team even in the state its in tonight. And yes LVG sold players but let's be fair, nobody sold has really been missed. It's the players he bought who don't seem up to it that worry me more.

And it would be worse if Real didn't mess up (or we forgot) to put the paper work through, Because next season there will not be the same person in goal for us.

Keeping some of the players allows for more rotation. Leading to less injuries. Half the team look absolutely shot after about 30 minutes each game and it's only December.

Archived