Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really shows the poor squad management from LVG when it comes to the strikers. Even 4th choice striker Fellaini is out...

Pointless starting Wilson up front if he already knows he can't last a full 90.

I'd possibly line up something like this:

de Gea

Darmian Smalling Blind Rojo

Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger

Mata Herrera Young

Depay

Depay as the striker is terrible but is pretty much our best option, I guess.

Bench is going to be something like Romero, Jones, Wilson, Lingard, Pereira, Borthwick-Jackson, ???

I mean that's our first team used up, isn't it? So someone is going to get their first appearance on the bench for the first team.

Yeah Rooney isn't going anywhere. Will retire with us.

Could still get 60-70 minutes out of Wilson tomorrow I would think. Im sure a young lad could last 90 minutes not having played for a while no problem.

Just happy fellaini is injured too. Couldn't cope with him being first choice striker even for one game.

I'd definitely start Wilson upfront tomorrow and then switch it around at the 60 minute mark by throwing Memphis upfront.

If LvG was to go with a youngster from the reserves to play upfront who's it most likely to be?

Who do City start with up front if Bony and Aguero are out? Iheanacho?

At least it could be worse, when Costa and Remy are our Chelsea have to rely on Falcao.

More chances of us starting with Oscar as a false 9 types. Think Jose has finally come around to accepting how **** Falcao is

What is your most likely defence with Shaw/Valencia out for a while? Just for DT purposes. Have Smalling in side but want to put in another but unsure who'll consistently play the most alongside him. Darmian, Blind or Rojo? As don't want to pick Darmian if he's out of favour and Young is more likely to play RB or vice versa at LB :(

Hard to say that anyone, other than Smalling, is a guaranteed pick at the back. RB could be any one of Darmian/Young/Jones, Smalling's partner could be any one of Jones/Blind/Rojo and LB could be Blind/Darmian/Rojo/Young.

Hope that helps :D

De Gea; Young, Jones, Smalling, Blind; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Herrera, Lingard; Memphis.

Subs: Romero, Rojo, McNair, Darmian, Goss, Pereira, Rashford

Great to see Goss and Rashford given the opportunity, but disappointing to see Wilson not included again. We're wasting him.

Archived