Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chicha would've been offside or the ball would have rebounded off his foot into our own half. Revisionism at its best.

To be fair though, he was always getting into the right positions in the end of his tenure at United. I remember the last match or two, he was missing an ass ton of chances. Now, we could say that's "par the course" for him, but the other explanation is that he was under a ton of pressure that lead to an unfavourable state of mind. He was marked for ejection, wasn't getting games, and who knows what was said before he finally got on the pitch? "Score, or you're out?!"

I'll miss the lad, he really should have got a lot more games tbh. That said, he never fit in for me on FM either!

Nope, our style of play contributes to the low chance creation more than anything

Look how many forwards create their own chances with a dribble/bit of skill/faint and then a shot - Costa, Aguero, Benteke, Vardy, Kane etc. Rooney just can't do that.

Look how many forwards create their own chances with a dribble/bit of skill/faint and then a shot - Costa, Aguero, Benteke, Vardy, Kane etc. Rooney just can't do that.

That doesn't change the fact that our team style, which is your primary source of creating chances, is well below par in what it delivers. To get that feint, you need to be getting pickup in a half chance position, we are not creating those enough. Rooney is playing well below par, but the idea that the lack of chances is his fault is nonsense.

That argument is ridiculous. We have the ball in good positions but we have no one making any runs in behind. So of course the ball doesn't get played forwards.

The ball actually takes an age to go forwards. Not that its all about going forwards. We don't actually drag people out of space. You need to move a deep defence laterally, and force them to make decisions against runners from deep. Neither of which happen regularly. Our biggest issue is actually is against teams with deep lines, where there is less space to make runs behind

Jesus christ what a boring post. :D We don't have a striker that moves and does any of those things. If we did the ball would get played to him quicker.

Teams play deep v City. They have a mobile striker that does well enough but for us there's no space for the striker to do anything.

Jesus christ what a boring post. :D We don't have a striker that moves and does any of those things. If we did the ball would get played to him quicker.

Teams play deep v City. They have a mobile striker that does well enough but for us there's no space for the striker to do anything.

City have Sterling, KDB, Toure creating space and angles from deep too. As well as Rooney being immobile we don't do enough of that either, with the possible recent exception of Lingard. Herrera is under utilised for unknown reasons

Boring but accurate. Wasn't trying to entertain your child like mind. It's not just the striker either that's the issue.

The striker is the main issue, yeah. Quite clearly.

Boring was against you, btw. the post reminded me of our football this year.

The few times I've seen km stats from our matches, Rooney has been one of the top guys. Admittedly some of that is in defensive work because he's a hard worker and a good team player, but descriptions such as "no runs", "no movement", "immobile" are hardly pinpoint accurate statements about his involvement.

The few times I've seen km stats from our matches, Rooney has been one of the top guys. Admittedly some of that is in defensive work because he's a hard worker and a good team player, but descriptions such as "no runs", "no movement", "immobile" are hardly pinpoint accurate statements about his involvement.

Maybe I should have been more clear when saying "no runs" and "no movement". I meant it in a sense of him not making the runs or moving as a striker should to create space for himself that can result in him having a chance. I think that was quite clear tbh. Nobody has ever said he doesn't cover a lot of ground.

Maybe I should have been more clear when saying "no runs" and "no movement". I meant it in a sense of him not making the runs or moving as a striker should to create space for himself that can result in him having a chance. I think that was quite clear tbh. Nobody has ever said he doesn't cover a lot of ground.

It feels like he's always a half second behind the tempo.

What's our next game, away against Watford?

Yeah, Carrick is always pretty high on the distance travelled charts as well. Players who are continuously moving at a jog are always highest whereas those who are making high impact sprints lag behind on total distance. The issue is the latter with Rooney, he does more than enough drifting during a game.

Well that's Carrick ****ed then.

People wonder why I hate England when they take off Delph and Lallana but leave a 34 year old Carrick to play 90 minutes in a meaningless friendly. *****.

Smalling looked a bit ropey as well. Fingers crossed.

What does the debt stand at now? And what are they interest payments that we make each year?

Doesn't the club have enough to just pay off the loan now? Surely that would be the sensible option. Obviously there are people involved in the club that know a lot more about this than me.

Debt is £420m so it had gone up by about £35m, wage bill is also up and interest payments are about £13m

We don't have the cash to pay it off and no point refinancing it as it is quite cheap. The Glazers keep taking out cash though and that debt will always be there unless we start paying it down again.

I feel Glazers are content to run the club with the debt as a standing position and not bother by it as they keep unlocking cash from us.

The PIKs are another thing, how did the Glazers pay that off all those years ago. I still believe there is an off the books deal via another company where most of the PIK debt sits. Hard to see a family that has to take money from the club for their day to day needs had nearly £250m to clear them.

Our strong commercial performance but high debt will not attract a rich owner, it will attract private equity investors who would pay a good penny to Glazer crew for an entity like United and just repeat what the Glazers did. Load on debt and then start paying it down using the clubs money while taking off the top.

Which is why the Glazers are still here, they would not offload the golden goose to someone else who is just after the same eggs.

Why is David Beckham's son playing in OT?

He was terrible! :D

He's the one that was released from the Arsenal youth team right? You can see why, he's rubbish.

Brought back memories, Beck's right foot is still a work of art.

He was terrible! :D

He's the one that was released from the Arsenal youth team right? You can see why, he's rubbish.

Brought back memories, Beck's right foot is still a work of art.

Kid should stick to modelling. Cruz and Romeo are apparently good prospects though cos they started off earlier than Brooklyn did. Brooklyn did very nearly set up David for a goal though which would've been a sight to see. And two former Man Utd players getting the GB goals (Scholes and Owen x2) is always nice.

If it is ligament damage and long term for Carrick that might be the end, no? He will be 35. Sad if true.

And, now we will be in market for a center mid. Again.

It's 'only' ankle ligament damage though. Basically spraining your ankle = ligament damage (there are worse cases but they don't generally keep people out for more than 6 weeks or so). It's not like knees where they do screw up your career.

Because LvG clearly doesn't have a naturally wide vocabulary in English he uses the same words over and over, philosophy doesn't mean anything special, it's just the way he wants his team to play. SAF had one, Mourinho has one, they just are less reliant one one word when taking about it.

Archived