Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Fairly sure we'll come out all guns blazing after van Gaal inspires the boys over half time.

If all the players are restricted to certain zones then I don't think that can happen. LvG's style doesn't usually lend itself to changing the game through inspiration or heart.

I think he's lost the dressing room and the players are just going through the motions doing exactly what LvG wants but without much effort.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barring a second half Christmas miracle, van Gaal is off. I'm sick of watching this **** - I'll defend him to the death when he's getting results but to go on the run of form we have, with no sign of turning it round, then I'm out - pack your bags please.

The team does feel "stronger" with Rooney in the team. Even if it's name only.

Maybe i just don't notice but I've never seen a team pass back to their keeper as much as we have today. Like no one has any options on the ball or are too scared to hold on to it.

The team does feel "stronger" with Rooney in the team. Even if it's name only.

Maybe i just don't notice but I've never seen a team pass back to their keeper as much as we have today. Like no one has any options on the ball or are too scared to hold on to it.

Yup, he is the only one in the squad who moves effectively as a lone striker. The problem is that's about all he does usually (although he's been much better today).

Actually have this weird feeling Stoke will be a bit of a turning point, the mood seems to have shifted slightly.

I doubt the mood has shifted at all but Chelsea is another chance to check.

The next manager has a job to do as he has to revitalise this team and most likely be without DDG and Martial as they are the only top players that the vultures will swoop for.....in our squad.

He'll get the Chelsea game by virtue of it being just 48 hours away but reckon he'll be off after that game, regardless of the result.

The last 4 games have been beyond awful. The players are doing the absolute bare minimum, nothing more, they've surely lost confidence in him, like the majority of us fans.

Fed up of watching us 'play' every week the way we do. Should have been given the boot after the Norwich game.

LVG said he might quit, if he does not believe he has the answer then maybe he should but if he has faith in his philosophy he should keep at it and try to turn things around.

He should have walked after Woodward briefed about him having two games to turn it around. Could have railed against the indignity of not receiving public backing and stormed off into the sunset.

but why is this, why cant you watch your own league at home?!?

Theory goes that people won't go to watch 3pm lower league games live if punters can watch the Prem from the comfort of their own home.

A lot of the games in southeast asia are played at the same time as the EPL due to the heat, and we have no problem filling our stadiums in the top league.

Do you think it has reached the same point as it did for Jose, where we can start suspecting that players are playing to get their manager fired?

A lot of the games in southeast asia are played at the same time as the EPL due to the heat, and we have no problem filling our stadiums in the top league.

Do you think it has reached the same point as it did for Jose, where we can start suspecting that players are playing to get their manager fired?

Yes but what about the lower leagues? We have a unique situation in England where our lower leagues are very strong and relatively well supported....the 3pm rule is there to protect that.

Don't think it's as Machiavellian as at Chelsea but I think they're disillusioned with the football now we seem to have ridden our luck with the 'retain possession and hope for a mistake or stroke of luck' mentality. They just don't look like they know what they're doing out there. And when they try and improvise it only adds to the chaos.

so games not at 3pm can be shown live on tv in UK?

Can and are.

I doubt the mood has shifted at all but Chelsea is another chance to check.

The next manager has a job to do as he has to revitalise this team and most likely be without DDG and Martial as they are the only top players that the vultures will swoop for.....in our squad.

Nah, that has killed any chance of it. In fairness to Stoke they did play really well in the first half hour, even a decent side would have struggled to hold them off during that period. The issue is that's the 4th loss in a row and there's clearly no fight or belief in anyone (but Rooney oddly enough).

We just need to move on, there's nothing to be gained by dragging this out any further. The title is probably out of reach right now unless Arsenal do Arsenal things and we suddenly enter Fergie mode but we need to stop the rot and make sure we don't have to do lots of chasing in the new year. It's poor squad management that's let him down from the start, he's been keen (and probably rightly) to remove players he doesn't want but just not brought in enough to work with and now he has no idea how to get them working as a unit. It needs someone more pragmatic, Mourinho is probably the best of the bunch at that until things all go to ****.

And if it hasn't been answered, no 3pm games on a Saturday can't be shown on live TV in the UK.

Well LVG will be getting the sack imminently but why the **** does the club wait until all is over before sacking him? Many fans have been saying it for several months that he needed to be sacked. Rest of the season is for rebuilding and undoing all the "philosophy" ******** LVG has taught them and start playing the complete opposite brand of football.

Archived