Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

LVG really is a genius. To get completely played off the park and dominated by Bournemouth, Norwich and Stoke back to back is nearly impossible to achieve even if you tried to be bad or fix a loss. Doing that and still not being sacked, how does he do this?

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many conflicting reports doing the rounds, talk of him being sacked after the game if we lose, talk of him resigning regardless of the result, I don't think he'll be in charge much longer though.

Apparently LvG has lost faith in himself to turn it around, and offered to resign after the Norwich game but Ed still believes in him, which I find hard to believe and think that is a case of Ed not wanting his man to fail.

You are actually a cancerous arse. No two ways about it, cheering for the opposition scoring is literally never acceptable.

1 point lost or 3 points lost with LVG gone will be far more beneficial to the club. Don't be so short sighted and just look at the next game, look at the future of the club.

Also this type of complete anti-football is disgusting and deserves nothing. It's never be seen before and should never be seen again by any team in football.

1 point lost or 3 points lost with LVG gone will be far more beneficial to the club. Don't be so short sighted and just look at the next game, look at the future of the club.

Also this type of complete anti-football is disgusting and deserves nothing. It's never be seen before and should never be seen again by any team in football.

Yeah, who needs actual facts when you can have lunatic rambling and nonsensical crap instead?

Firstly: DO NOT QUOTE SID

Secondly: I hope those who made those sarcy comments when we played rubbish but fluked the win i.e Watford now see what others were saying.

Responses like "We got the win anyway" or "Its not like we are not challenging at the top" look silly when the point being made was that our style of play is dire and would get us nowhere

Yeah, who needs actual facts when you can have lunatic rambling and nonsensical crap instead?

Facts are we got humiliated in the CL despite being in a very easy group and also got played off the park and dominated by Bournemouth, Norwich and stoke in the space of 2 weeks...combined with playing the ugliest "football" ever seen in the PL.

Firstly: DO NOT QUOTE SID

Secondly: I hope those who made those sarcy comments when we played rubbish but fluked the win i.e Watford now see what others were saying.

Responses like "We got the win anyway" or "Its not like we are not challenging at the top" look silly when the point being made was that our style of play is dire and would get us nowhere

Your second point is nonsense, it's acceptable to struggle and then improve. Even I gave Moyes the benefit of the doubt until January when a bad start turned into a worse middle. If you go around sacking managers who go through a stolid patch then you never finish a season. For supposed proponent of patience that's a very odd post to see from you.

Your second point is nonsense, it's acceptable to struggle and then improve. Even I have Moyes the benefit of the doubt until January when a bad start turned into a worse middle. If you go around sacking managers who go through a stolid patch then you never finish a season. For supposed proponent of patience that's a very odd post to see from you.

And SAF would never have achieved what he did. Lvg needs a mark robins.

I hope LvG has learnt his lesson and puts Schneiderlin back in the side and takes Fellaini out of it. What has LvG got to lose by trying some fast paced football where players are constantly on the move and everything doesnt start from a standing position and progress at walking pace.

I want LvG gone and have a feeling we will win today and he will stay.

So it seems it's down to LvG to walk away as it appears he isn't going to get sacked, if you believe the rumours, he has offered to resign following the Norwich game and then after the Stoke loss. Talked out of it both times by Woodward.

He has admitted that he doesn't know how to turn this around and reports that he has lost faith in himself and the players in him.

It's getting ridiculous now and Ed is clearly at this point not wanting to lose face/power by having to sack the man he appointed 18 months ago, thus admitting his failure in the whole thing to. Time for Ed to go back to the commercial side full time and leave the actual footballing side to more competent individuals.

I hope LvG has learnt his lesson and puts Schneiderlin back in the side and takes Fellaini out of it. What has LvG got to lose by trying some fast paced football where players are constantly on the move and everything doesnt start from a standing position and progress at walking pace.

I want LvG gone and have a feeling we will win today and he will stay.

If LvG had 'learnt his lesson' as you put it, then why play the same way against Stoke after the losses to Norwich and Bournemouth? The guy is to stubborn to change his ways at this point. Expecting the same style of football today as every other game under him. Slow and pointless possession, hoping for an opposition mistake to take advantage of.

Schneiderlin, Bastain and Rooney all almost certain to start in place of Carrick, Fellaini and Herrera i'd say.

More chance of LvG resigning that Ed sacking him I reckon.

If he has decided to quit or us to sack him, then why is he still there throwing away points for the sake of it. There's been no sign of improvement or plan(ala Moyes), so the sooner he's out of there the better.

Any boost or change from him ****ing off can only be for the better. Can't get any worse.

outplayed by stoke? stats say we outplayed them :lol: once we played some attacking football in the second half anyway.

This reminds me, there's only so much a manager can do. When you have oafs like Fellaini missing absolutely golden chances from 5 yards out (pretty sure he did this in another game recently too) then things are not going to end well.

I do want LVG replaced, but I genuinely feel sorry for him when the only person in the team that can be relied on to actually finish is Martial.

This reminds me, there's only so much a manager can do. When you have oafs like Fellaini missing absolutely golden chances from 5 yards out (pretty sure he did this in another game recently too) then things are not going to end well.

I do want LVG replaced, but I genuinely feel sorry for him when the only person in the team that can be relied on to actually finish is Martial.

If only he had some input into which players are bought and sold, maybe we could have more than one person who can finish :(

Yea kinda miss Superman though. Even though he wasn't the brightest, he was (sorta) the optimism sound that every fan base needed. He can be deluded at times, but at least he's polite.

I don't think LvG should go unless we have someone who will definitely guarantee us better performances. Giggs is definitely not one of them, he basically ruined Moyes and van Gaal. The boss should really be doing waaaay much better than he is doing right now though because at this rate, if Moyes was sacked for the performances hes got, then so should Louis if Edwoodwoodwood isn't double standard.

Your second point is nonsense, it's acceptable to struggle and then improve. Even I gave Moyes the benefit of the doubt until January when a bad start turned into a worse middle. If you go around sacking managers who go through a stolid patch then you never finish a season. For supposed proponent of patience that's a very odd post to see from you.

Which means you did not read the post AT ALL, no one has said anything about sacking.

These comments were made when we were top of the league and people were complaining about the football style, we were advocating that the style needs to change or we would end up in a bad place. The response from the people I quoted above was pretty much "Do not complain because we won/are top of the league"

Now those same people are now seeing why we were worried about the style of football and they are actually now vocal in wanting him gone. Which makes their sarcy comments when others were a bit worried seem even more silly.

Translate that into sack the manager please Dion or are you going to reference other posts to do so :rolleyes:

I said I would give LvG 18 months and he has one game left. :D We will have to win 5-0 and somehow turn into the most attacking team in the Premiership for him to redeem himself now.

I often wonder if LvG underestimated the Premiership and the depth and physicality that is in it. I also think we need to play less with our head and more with our hearts as well as be more instinctive.

If I may give my two cents as a non United supporter, but as Dutchman who has followed Van Gaals career quite closely.

I think the post by Redshift is bang on. Throughout his career, Van Gaal has always made quite belittling remarks about the Premier League, saying that teams like Aston Villa would also battle for relegation in the Dutch Eredivisie. Which is absolute nonsense. I have the gut feeling that Van Gaal has completely underestimated the overall competitiveness of the entire Premier League. This is also illustrated by most of his signings. He seems to be convinced that young unexperienced players can adapt to the Premier League easily.

Here in The Netherlands a lot of people were quite surprised that Van Gaal signed for United after being cynical about the Premier League so often during his career. In my humble opinion, Uniteds disappointing performances are largely down to his arrogance and stubborness.

So it seems it's down to LvG to walk away as it appears he isn't going to get sacked, if you believe the rumours, he has offered to resign following the Norwich game and then after the Stoke loss. Talked out of it both times by Woodward.

He has admitted that he doesn't know how to turn this around and reports that he has lost faith in himself and the players in him.

It's getting ridiculous now and Ed is clearly at this point not wanting to lose face/power by having to sack the man he appointed 18 months ago, thus admitting his failure in the whole thing to. Time for Ed to go back to the commercial side full time and leave the actual footballing side to more competent individuals.

This nails it. This is more about Woodward vs others on the board (namely Ferguson) than it is about LVG.

If it's true that Ed is actually being this incredibly stupid then it's actually just beyond belief.

Would anyone here (apart from Sid, because we know what Sid would say) actually blame Woodward for hiring LvG if he sacked LvG in the last few weeks? Surely at this point the only grudge you can hold over Woodward and LvG is keeping him in the job longer, not hiring him in the first place

Which means you did not read the post AT ALL, no one has said anything about sacking.

These comments were made when we were top of the league and people were complaining about the football style, we were advocating that the style needs to change or we would end up in a bad place. The response from the people I quoted above was pretty much "Do not complain because we won/are top of the league"

Now those same people are now seeing why we were worried about the style of football and they are actually now vocal in wanting him gone. Which makes their sarcy comments when others were a bit worried seem even more silly.

Translate that into sack the manager please Dion or are you going to reference other posts to do so :rolleyes:

I didn't think you'd be silly enough to imply that people were completely happy with how things were going and didn't expect/hope for improvement. You'd have a hell of a job finding someone who seriously thought we'd win the league playing as we were, there were plenty of people who were happy enough to see us play badly and pick up points while hoping we'd pick up pace however. There's a world of difference between being happy enough seeing us play badly and pick up points anyway and what you're suggesting was being said.

While a manager is picking up results (and until the collapse at the end of last season when Chelsea beat us, we were) it's perfectly reasonable to be happy to give them time to work on playing style and improve. The issue with Moyes and now LvG this season is that after a bad patch they've gotten worse, you can't know that for sure until it happens though and it's ridiculous to have a go at people who are willing to wait and see which way it goes.

If it's true that Ed is actually being this incredibly stupid then it's actually just beyond belief.

Would anyone here (apart from Sid, because we know what Sid would say) actually blame Woodward for hiring LvG if he sacked LvG in the last few weeks? Surely at this point the only grudge you can hold over Woodward and LvG is keeping him in the job longer, not hiring him in the first place

Also seems like one of those stories that is just believable enough but totally unprovable to get traction. If you sack someone after 6 months it's your fault, 18 months and it's theirs.

he issue with Moyes and now LvG this season is that after a bad patch they've gotten worse, you can't know that for sure until it happens though and it's ridiculous to have a go at people who are willing to wait and see which way it goes..

Everyone (bar Sid) was willing to wait and see how it goes, so what are you on about?

At this point in time....everyone other than Sid was happy to wait and see how it goes but some were worried about where our style would take us but were being shut down by others who felt that no criticism was necessary because we had somehow managed to fluke a win. Go to the thread post the Watford game and it was pretty much a case of do not complain as we got the 3 points. It was not "Hey be patient" as you are suggesting because at that point no one was calling for the sack, the worry was the style of football. Commentary is not 2 extremes as you try to paint it Dion, it is not the sack now brigade versus the wait and see.

This is a great point. You could see our style of football was letting us down and a lot of our results seemed a bit lucky during the earlier months. Then they turned into 0-0 draws but we were still up there. Results count but you can tell by the way we were playing football that our future performances looked to be in dire jeopardy of not working out for us and that is what has now happened.

Agreed. No-one would blame Woodward for his situation as he has arranged for some great players to join us over the last 18 months. The only thing he could do know to get any blame is by convincing LvG to stay and that seems to be exactly what he is doing. :(

WTF!

Idiot trying to make a quick buck or idiot fan showing his opinion and trying to make a quick buck....neither is good. :(

I'm hoping and praying it's just someone who makes scarves trying to make money. Either way, people are actually buying them, which is just ridiculous. Sid's probably bought a dozen :D

Archived