Round of 16 - Brazil vs Chile (17:00 BST) & Colombia vs Uruguay (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky there Chile. Hitting the bar at the end of extra time then losing on penalties like that. They were great to watch this tournament, Brazil go on.

Was it me or was Cesar a long way off his line for his first penalty save?

I don't think Chile created a great deal for all the praise they will get. Aranguíz in the second half, Pinilla in extra time. Can't think of too many other opportunities after half time. Even their goal came from a Brazil error.

Seems a bit dramatic considering that they won :D

No no, they won despite his miss, which was utterly terrible. No professional should ever miss the target from a penalty. Its not even as if he hammered it, it was a side footed shot, which should really be the most accurate of all shot types to hit. :D

No no, they won despite his miss, which was utterly terrible. No professional should ever miss the target from a penalty. Its not even as if he hammered it, it was a side footed shot, which should really be the most accurate of all shot types to hit. :D
This is such bollocks. What about Hulk's dreadful pen, or Pinilla's for that matter?

Barring the 0-0 with Mexico (which wasn't even that bad for a 0-0) every game they've been involved in has been far from boring.

They ran over probably the worst side at the tournament (either Cameroon or Honduras), had some dodgy calls go their way in the match against Croatia...

I mean, do you count yelling at the ref as excitement?

Barring the 0-0 with Mexico (which wasn't even that bad for a 0-0) every game they've been involved in has been far from boring.

well yeah, the game they just played in wasnt boring for most of it, but Brazil werent very good, were they?

Archived