Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

RE: the tactical familiarity; this is due to fixes to the calculations for the tactical training. With some old games switching tactics around may cause an initial drop due to the new way the tactics are calculated into training, but it should be fine and develop correctly after that. It was actually bugged before, but wasn't visible.

This won't affect all continued saves, and won't affect new saves created in 14.2.0 at all. Hope that lends some clarity. Riz - who codes this area - has also responded in the bug thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378453.

Thank you for the answer. I am pleased that it is only a initial drop and if it is fixing something that was wrong before I can certainly live with it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect to tactical familiarity: I just loaded the game up for the first time, checked familiarity levels and down they went.

I did not touch anything tactics-wise but familiarity for closing down and passing style went to close to zero. What's up with that?

With respect to tactical familiarity: I just loaded the game up for the first time, checked familiarity levels and down they went.

I did not touch anything tactics-wise but familiarity for closing down and passing style went to close to zero. What's up with that?

You missed this post??

RE: the tactical familiarity; this is due to fixes to the calculations for the tactical training. With some old games switching tactics around may cause an initial drop due to the new way the tactics are calculated into training, but it should be fine and develop correctly after that. It was actually bugged before, but wasn't visible.

This won't affect all continued saves, and won't affect new saves created in 14.2.0 at all. Hope that lends some clarity. Riz - who codes this area - has also responded in the bug thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378453.

• SI Staff
First match with new patch. Think I'm going to have to be reporting a few odd things...

1) Long throw to opposition seems to still be there (Doesn't seem to be as frequent though).

2) Seen my players dribble in inappropriate areas (Twice I had players dribble inside the opposition 6 yard box when they had an open goal! Scored from 1, got tackled on the other because they took so long.)

If you have the match PKM could you please post the examples here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks and we can review it

Cheers

My team's tactical familiarity has plummeted since the update. Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT - forgot to say that I'm really happy to see that the whole trying to win the corner off the defender thing has been cut down. Good work with that one. It was by far the most annoying problem I had.

Same here,

Please remember SI, realism is a fine goal, but within the overall picture of a fun video game,

Training for 3 months to get fluid , then you patch the game and now I have to start retraining ? during the middle of a season... Thanks for that :(

WTF !

Doesn't anyone read?

I don't see any thing about fixing Newgen Attribute allocation that results in http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/376461-Newgen-Attributes-Bravery-and-Aggression-too-low-too-often. Low Bravery and or Aggression. And far too few Fullbacks who can pose an attacking threat http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377186-Regen-Fullbacks-are-awful-going-forward..

Do you even acknowledge these bugs exist? Do you want more proof?

I have not switched Tactics, (in fact same one for two seasons)

So why the drop ?

Please read the post that HUNT3R quoted!

EDIT - another quote:

Like I posted in the bug thread, we fixed some issues with how the different tactical settings are tracked in the tactical training. Naturally this means that in old saves where the tactical settings were differentiated a bit differently, the familiarity can take an initial dip when you switch tactics around after the update.

This will not affect new games and in old saves the familiarity will be regained over time again.

Surely you can read the post 3 up?

aah the forum troll with 12000 I love Si posts appears......

Anyway moving on

The linked post, states "when switching tactics", I have not switched tactics hence my question, The patch has changed fluidity with CURRENT UNCHANGED NOT SWITHCED tactics

I have had a beer so If I have read the linked post wrong , then sorry in advance,

but it seems to refer to switching tactic, which I have not done

Hello,

1st time testing new patch, and i saw this:

kCJa4vE.jpg

Before the release of 14.2.0 i had the ttcs at something like 95%, than after decreases a lil' bit. No big deal, i guess it was just an improvement.

Later on ttcs screen:

mUaWESu.jpg

bIxjkxR.jpg

VERY LOW Pression on my 1st ttc, and LOW Marking on my other 2. Is it normal? Happens with all of you?

I appreciate an answer of SI "member". Tks

Same problem

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202013-12-18%20%C3%A0%2016.56.45.png

First of all, sorry for my english

I've got a very strange issue with the game now : I played with a 125% zoom. It was fine untill now and the new update : Now, when i watch a game in 2D, the players play behind the lines : For example, the GK play behind the scoring line, the wingers play behind the throwing line etc... I don't have this problem when I play with a 100% zoom, however it's to small for me and so it's unplayable. Do someone have the same issue ?

The point is, there was a bug with the familiarity and how it was calculated. There will be a dip at first.

As long as it builds back up (and stays up), there's no problem apart from the initial "hit".

The point is, there was a bug with the familiarity and how it was calculated. There will be a dip at first.

As long as it builds back up (and stays up), there's no problem apart from the initial "hit".

But when you have played well all season and then at the most important part of the season your tactics mess up for no reason and you start to lose games you would never lose its ok??

Finishing is much improved, but defending is still a bit off. Just conceded two goals due to my CB's closing down the same man. One of them is on cover duty too, so unsure why this is happening.

Of course, this is probably because closing down has been reset. Explains why the passing is off too. Very annoying.

But when you have played well all season and then at the most important part of the season your tactics mess up for no reason and you start to lose games you would never lose its ok??

Have you noticed this having any effect on your performance?

Anything that impacts you will impact the AI equally with regard to the Tactics Familiarity changes.

It is an impact that wouldn't be perceptible if tactic familiarity bars didn't exist.

The idiotic offers under my players' valuations are still going on. Seriously this is the biggest issue in the game imo and it hasn't been addressed yet.

It's unbearable if your players are on good form getting ten offers a turn you have to reject for 0.5x their value when you wouldn't even sell them for double their value really.

Still the other changes are a welcome thing for me.

You point, rather rudely stated was "doesn't anyone read " (a post of a bug forum)

As mentioned, people have not switched tactics and now find themselves mid season with an unfamiliar, UNSWITCHED tactic....

You don't work for SI, don't appear to be a mod, this is a feed back thread, I fail to see what your post offers,

The point still stands, UNCHANGED tactics have changed, linking to a post about SWITCHED Tactics is unhelpful.

The idiotic offers under my players' valuations are still going on. Seriously this is the biggest issue in the game imo and it hasn't been addressed yet.

It's unbearable if your players are on good form getting ten offers a turn you have to reject for 0.5x their value when you wouldn't even sell them for double their value really.

If it bugs (see what I did there? :brock:) you that much having to reject these offers, you can just set it to automatically reject bids below a certain level. Wouldn't that help?

Anything that impacts you will impact the AI equally with regard to the Tactics Familiarity changes.

It is an impact that wouldn't be perceptible if tactic familiarity bars didn't exist.

So tactical familiarity is no longer important because its represented as a bar ?

EDIT

I think I will leave it till morning, with a clear head, I think my points are ok, but its Christmas and several cans of "old speckled hen" maybe playing havoc with my mental reasoning :)

But clearly I am right and you lot are all wrong about everything ever :lol:

Double edit, have just won last 3 games, patch is obviously now, the best pact in existance

aah the forum troll with 12000 I love Si posts appears......

Anyway moving on

The linked post, states "when switching tactics", I have not switched tactics hence my question, The patch has changed fluidity with CURRENT UNCHANGED NOT SWITHCED tactics

I have had a beer so If I have read the linked post wrong , then sorry in advance,

but it seems to refer to switching tactic, which I have not done

Not that I'm an expert, but I read it as, the game now interprets your tactics/set up differently and therefore regardless of whether you change or not, your tactics will be played out differently. Basically because the ME has changed, the existing set up and way you want your team to play won't be the same as before, as the ME has changed to take certain things into account more than others (which is obviously different to last ME).

It's pretty obvious and you probably know this but just what I think...

You point, rather rudely stated was "doesn't anyone read " (a post of a bug forum)

As mentioned, people have not switched tactics and now find themselves mid season with an unfamiliar, UNSWITCHED tactic....

You don't work for SI, don't appear to be a mod, this is a feed back thread, I fail to see what your post offers,

The point still stands, UNCHANGED tactics have changed, linking to a post about SWITCHED Tactics is unhelpful.

It was posted on this very thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378442-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.2.0-Feedback-Thread?p=9289503&viewfull=1#post9289503

and

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378442-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.2.0-Feedback-Thread?p=9289512&viewfull=1#post9289512

Suspect the cause will be the same

Not that I'm an expert, but I read it as, the game now interprets your tactics/set up differently now and therefore regardless of whether you change or not, your tactics will be played out differently. Basically because the ME has changed, the set up and way you want your team to play won't be the same as before.

It's pretty obvious and you probably know this but just what I think...

I think you've explained it very well :thup:

For some reason, I can't access the in-game editor. The "spanner" is there but it's greyed out. I've read the change list and those linked to the IGE but if I have to activate it then it would be nice to know how. I've been into the preferences section and in the interface part but there's no option to change anything. There's a part dedicated to the IGE but there are no options. I've also tried with different skins, including the official dark one, so iy's not a skin related problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

If it bugs (see what I did there? :brock:) you that much having to reject these offers, you can just set it to automatically reject bids below a certain level. Wouldn't that help?

I'd love to, but for some reason that triggers the players' thinking their asking price is too high so then they get unhappy.

It would still be a problem even if I could reject them that easily though, I should be receiving realistic bids only.

So tactical familiarity is no longer important because its represented as a bar ?

No. What I meant was that we are only aware of the impact of these changes as there is an explicit visual representation of "tactical familiarity".

If that representation wasn't there, we wouldn't have spent most of a feedback thread debating what is actually a fairly insignificant change, and a change which affects users and the AI equally, so in fact has zero Net impact.

so, still can't edit the competition rules via pre-game editor?

totally agree having same problem with my db as have had for last 2 years and yet again they dont seem bothered and its not as if i'm making major changes just trying to give cup rounds the correct names and making earlier rounds playable, which they give us the tools to do

I've just played my first game since the update and had a wrong player credited with an assist. He was involved in the buildup but nowhere near the final pass or what might have been a sliding tackle for the opposition defender. I've watched it a few times and it's difficult to tell but it's definitely not the player which the game thinks it is. Should this go in the bug's forum? I have no idea about 'uploading pkms'.

I'd love to, but for some reason that triggers the players' thinking their asking price is too high so then they get unhappy.

It would still be a problem even if I could reject them that easily though, I should be receiving realistic bids only.

It may be annoying (might even be bug worthy, I don't know), but I'm pretty sure you can negotiate up to a realistic value even though the AI starts with a low-ball offer. Have you tried negotiating with them on 14.2?

I've just played my first game since the update and had a wrong player credited with an assist. He was involved in the buildup but nowhere near the final pass or what might have been a sliding tackle for the opposition defender. I've watched it a few times and it's difficult to tell but it's definitely not the player which the game thinks it is. Should this go in the bug's forum? I have no idea about 'uploading pkms'.

It would be great if you could log this as a bug, just so the SI team can check it out and give you direct feedback.

It's easy to upload a .pkm (see here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795).

If you do find the time to do it, please upload it in the Match Engine section here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

No. What I meant was that we are only aware of the impact of these changes as there is an explicit visual representation of "tactical familiarity".

If that representation wasn't there, we wouldn't have spent most of a feedback thread debating what is actually a fairly insignificant change, and a change which affects users and the AI equally, so in fact has zero Net impact.

Fair enough, appreciate the reply,

Merry Chiristmas:)

Archived